Blog Entries tagged 'train_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'train_travel'
- My Beautiful SoulLooking back it’s hard to say how exactly both my energy and I fit on to the train carriage. I boarded my train bound for Sondrio, a journey of about 2 hours in which I was looking forward to looking Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jun 28, 2016
- Brussels and LondonSo after a few quick days at home, changing clothes and sleeping in our own bed, and driving our real car... we headed off on the next stage of our Spring Break... a train to Brussels.
Brussels was gorgeous. We stayed Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- KochiWe arrived here after departing Payyanur in the morning for the seven hour train ride. Our Indian friends left later the same morning, and so we are truly on our own for the first time. Kochi is the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 30, 2014
- The Great Cuban Visa RunAfter three weeks of touring Cuba, with varying levels of success, I was back in Havana. In that time, the city had transformed from a lovely, breezy, sunny and romantic coffee-table book of "best places in the world" to Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Feb 22, 2013
- Train From Ella is Spectacular but Nothing Beats a Good TukAs we’re nearing the end of our time in Sri Lanka I thought I’d write about the different types of public transport we’ve experienced in the country. The main mode of tourist transport is the Tuk Tuk. Now if you Posted by JonAndSara in A Long Way For Dumplings | Apr 20, 2014
- Happily Being Re-Trained“Next stop; Greenwood Mississippi.” A robust motherly African American female Amtrak employee breezes through the lounge car, “This will be a smoke stop; ya’ll gotta be quick though, it’s only a few minutes”. Her friendly voice makes you Posted by OnTrack in Train of Thoughts......... | Apr 10, 2013
- The Secret Trainspotter... Riding London's Old and New RailI am going to apologise in advance for this entry, and provide a warning. This is an entry about two train rides from and to places within London, in one case from one point in London right around back Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Dec 9, 2012
- Ghost Train: West London Parliamentary TrainI have just turned 42 years old. Now, now, no need for the wailing. It’s not so bad. I find that I don’t wring my hands with worry and anxiousness too much about birthdays now I am Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Oct 20, 2012
- Definition for the Morning Commute: LumpingI moved down to South London a few months back, now living in Battersea. As part of my new life south of Thames, I no longer commute into work using the tube. I am now going "overground."
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/16695/Southern_T..Stati Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Oct 9, 2011
- May 12 - Back to LuxorWe are up early and out of our hotel by 6:30 a.m. this morning: we have a seven o’clock train to catch for Luxor. Having tried three times in the last three days to purchase our tickets in advance, we Posted by MeijiBlack in MeijiBlack's Egypt | May 12, 2011
- The saga of Regina and Cory and the night trainfirst, to set the scene:
characters - Regina and Cory
goal - 12:47am train from Rome (where we celebrated NYE with our friend Adam) to Milan
scene - all over the city of Rome, Italy (background: old stuff)
we left Adam at Host Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Jan 9, 2011
- Freezing in the Ghats
As usual a lot has happened in a week. After leaving Arambol, I met four guys on the train. George (the English bloke), with two Russian ladies (Carina & Mila) and this polish girl Marta. So a Posted by Patrick_K in Kickin' it solo in Asia | Sep 16, 2010
- From the craziest city of all times to an almost empty GoaI will start off with saying that it takes for ages to upload the damn pictures, here in Arambol, Goa. I arrived yesterday night with the 13 hour Mandovi Express, so I haven't really sorted out the Internet issue.
So, Mumbai... Posted by Patrick_K in Kickin' it solo in Asia | Aug 28, 2010
- Bye Australia, hello Malaysia!!Hi,
We have now reached Gemas in Malaysia after a fantastic last week in Oz although it did start to get very cold - especially at night. Since our last post we travelled from Byron Bay Posted by wayneanna in Wayne and Anna's travel blog | Aug 22, 2010
- - TrainsTrains in both, Austria and Germany are excellent! Comfortable, running at time, clean, good connections, very helpful staf in information offices. I found also great possibility to travel cheaper for group. "name" ticket in Germany. Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Aug 13, 2010
- Where it all began (almost)My train journey wasnt too bad once we got on our way. I was sat next to two women who seemed really friendly.
I have noticed the further north I get how the accent is changing, I cant tell the difference Posted by Sarlou in Sarahs 30th birthday trip to USA | Aug 11, 2010
- I stayed awake all night for this!?!?!So I leave the prisoner cell hotel room and stress as I left late due to case packing problems and had to get 3 metros to Penn Street station. I all went quite well and Im getting stronger because it Posted by Sarlou in Sarahs 30th birthday trip to USA | Aug 11, 2010
- Let Me Entertain You Back home if people got on the Skytrain and started to sing, you would probably ignore them or unfortunately as I have seen, asked them to be quiet in not so nice words.
Well, when people in Paris Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 10, 2010
- Saturday 7th August 2010We got on the Train from Melbourne to go to Sydney. It took 12 hours :0
When we got to Sydney we checked in at the Shangri-La Hotel. Finally we got to our room. First thing I did was look out Posted by EmilyFox in Emily's Australian Holiday x | Aug 9, 2010
- Bullet Train to Shanghai7am Alarm. These early mornings seem to be getting easier, maybe its because we’ve not had a drink of alcohol in the last 10 days. We’ve been advised not to drink for 2 months before going to high altitude and Posted by asprey in Far East to India Overland 2010 | Jul 31, 2010
- Hell on tracksI managed about 20 minutes sleep and Sarah got half an hour’s worth. Our English speaking friend got his seat after six hours and ten hours into the journey the train was half empty so we could stretch our legs Posted by asprey in Far East to India Overland 2010 | Jul 27, 2010
- Guangzhou to XiamenI saw a news report a few weeks back that said the United Nations had made it illegal under international law to use sleep deprivation as a form of interrogation. For some insane reason we’d just paid ¥140 (£14) for Posted by asprey in Far East to India Overland 2010 | Jul 26, 2010
- Getting all riled up about the rail.Booking a train ticket to Atrani.
Now, I'm not stoopid, and I am pretty sure I am fairly quick to figure things out, even going so far as to try and figure something out as well as I csn before asking Posted by PennyJelly in The Jelly Journey | Aug 6, 2010
- So I Suppose It Starts HereSo this is my attempt at keeping everyone updated as I travel for the coming 7 weeks through bits of South America. The whole notion of writing a blog came to me when I was trying to think of anything Posted by Monsk in South America | Aug 6, 2010
- Pit Stop in BolognaWell, I may have found the reason why this place is so cheap. I woke up this morning with a bunch of mosquito-like bites all over my skin that were super itchy. I'm not sure, but I fear Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Aug 1, 2010