Blog Entries tagged 'trains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'trains'
- Day 6 Brugge To Berlin – 3 TrainsThis afternoon and evening was a big long train trip.
I got my first train from Bruges to Brussels, and then my second train to Paris Gare de l’Est.
I wandered around the s Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 5 Paris – Train To BruggeI leaned out the window of my hotel room to take a last photo of the Eiffel Tower.
I then headed to Gare du Nord, and got there super early. This meant I had a lot o Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 5 Paris To Brugge – Europe 2013 HolidayToday was a train trip to Brugge / Bruges in Belgium.
I caught the metro to Gare du Nord, then a Thalys train to Brussels Midi (South), then a local train to Brugges.
[center][/cen Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 4 Paris – Gare de l'EstI got up quite early and took the Metro to Gare de l'Est. My train went to Bar le Duc (it was free as part of my Eurail ticket and it was a slow train).
[center][img=http://photos.travellers Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016
- Day 4 Champagne Region – Europe 2013 HolidayI did a day trip to the Champagne Region. I really wanted to drink French Champagne in the French Champagne region.
I went to Reims and Épernay.
The will break up th Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016
- Day 3 Paris - Heading to VersaillesI left left hotel quite early (jet lag was still a problem....) and walked through the early morning streets where the shops were accepting their goods for the day (including an amazing amount of fresh flowers!). I walked along Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 22, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Europe 2013 HolidayI did a day trip to Versailles on the train, and then spent time at Notre Dame and Sorbonne. It was only 6C/42F and quite cloudy all day.
I will break this day up into several posts as they are all Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 22, 2016
- South IndiaMy South India trip started off with a two week stay in an Eco Ashram, where I practiced meditation and did yoga for 4 hours a day (with it reaching 34 degrees some days). My journey to the ashram however Posted by Poppy90 in Poppy's Travel Blog! | Jun 21, 2016
- Travel DayPHEW! We made it to Saint-Emilion! Airplane, bus, high-speed train and car rental, 19 hours later, we’re at Chateau La Confession, in Saint Emilion. Flight was pretty good but we had to deplane away from the main terminal and get Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Canadian Pacific RailroadWhat do William Cornelius Van Horne and Cheng Ging Butt have in common? You may be forgiven for not knowing the latter, but if you know some history of the Canadian Pacific Railway -and of course there is no reason Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 12, 2016
- Orland GrasslandYesterday I birded Orland Grasslands South near Orland Park in southern Cook County, Illinois. I decided to go because the preserve hosts many quality breeding birds, and it was forecast to be a pleasantly cool day in the upper 60's Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 8, 2016
- 3 days of summer birding!This post is for three awesome days of birding in my first week of summer: Thursday, June 2 - Saturday, June 4.
THURSDAY, JUNE 2:
A pair of rare Hudsonian Godwits, a large species of shorebird, had been reported at a random Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 5, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The road to HopeBike collected and the first day on the road...to Hope.
For film buffs and Rambo fans (not necessarily the same thing) you will have seen Hope, but it may have been pretending to be somewhere else. [b]The first Rambo was filmed Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 30, 2016
- Starting Planning in Sweden and FinlandHere is a look at the Baltic Capitals itinerary.
Date Port/City Activity
Day 1 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked All Day
Day 2 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked - Depart at 3:00PM
Day 3 Helsinki, Finland => Dock at 10:00AM - Depart at 5:00PM
Day 4 St. Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | May 27, 2016
- Train(s) to NOLAIn order to make it to New Orleans, we had to take 2 trains (back on Coast Starlight from Emeryville to Los Angeles then onto Sunset Limited from Los Angeles to New Orleans). In summary, it was really cool, but Posted by baecation2016 in Lovebug Train Trip 2016 | May 25, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Saint-Germain des PrèsHaving left the Opéra in the afternoon, I made my way to Saint-Germain des Près. Once there I walked along Boulevarde Saint-Germain.
There were plenty of food and flower stalls along the boulevard.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/81284 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- BACKPACKERS STAY MUMBAI
A SOLO TRAVELLER ....TRAVELLING AROUND THE COUNTRY
STAYED AT BACKPACKERS STAY FOR A WEEK BEFORE HE FLEW TO CHINA Posted by sharingstay in BACKPACKERS HOTEL MUMBAI | Apr 12, 2016
- BACKPACKERS MUMBAI
RAPHAEL STRAIGHT FROM SWITZERLAND TO MUMBAI ( INDIA ) STAYED AT BACKPACKERS STAY FOR A WEEK
NICE DECENT INTERESTING Traveller ,his stay in india is for a month Posted by sharingstay in BACKPACKERS HOTEL MUMBAI | Apr 12, 2016
- COMMON SENSE - Be sure to bring a big bunch with you!Traveling from USA to Panama (and further south into S.Amer) requires a good vehicle and good judgement. The vehicle should be in excellent mechanical condition and go with spare parts, also should be comfortable for you and your passengers to Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 9, 2016
- Camping overland into Central and South AmericaTRAVELING OVERLAND IN A RV!
To us, travel has nothing to do with cruises and vacations. It’s not about staying at fancy hotels or taking a two-week holiday.
Travel is a way of life. It’s how we learn, develop ourselves, educate our Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 8, 2016
- Pan American Highway - Going again in 2017!!I have decided to "get ready" early and do my pre-trip preparation for this great journey thru Mexico, Central America, and South America. I am using a excellent low-milage Ford F250 , 7.3 diesel, long bed pick up with Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 8, 2016
- Ayutthaya & Lopburi This weekend I went to Ayutthaya and Lopburi with my new friend Olivia. Ayutthaya is just 2 hours north of here by train and Lopburi is one hour further, the total trip by train cost less than a dollar. Ayutthaya Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Budget Travel? Consider ChinaIf you think you cannot afford to travel, think again.
In the fall of 2015 my 59 year old sister and I (66) traveled independently in China for 27 days. My budget was fifty dollars per day for hotels and Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Dec 3, 2015
- Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, a place of worship?Is the 2 hour drive to the cathedral actually worth it? The answer is yes! If you keep reading you will find out more...
First of all if you want to get to the cathedral you have to take Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Nov 29, 2015
- Beijing and The Great Wall of ChinaBEIJING municipality is bordered to the south by Shanxi province and to the north and west by Inner Mongolia.
We started out in Shanghai, went south to Zhangjiajie, west to Chengdu and then north east to Xi'an and the Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Nov 20, 2015