Blog Entries tagged 'trains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'trains'
- My experience in UkraineGoing to Ukraine, a tourist needs to know the following:
Numerous frightening stories about military operations and dangers of visiting the capital are all far from being true. Yes, there is a crisis in the east of the country, but people Posted by Marcus170710 in Countries I've visited | Apr 10, 2017
- Amsterdam 2016A Perfect City
Narrow cobblestone streets above wide canals, red-cheeked children in bicycle baskets, "coffee" shops, fantastic museums, cheese to die for. I don't have to add tulips and a red light district, do I? You know I'm talking about Amsterdam. Posted by Marcus170710 in Countries I've visited | Apr 10, 2017
- Roy Bridge - Fort William - Mallaig - EiggDay 2.
An early start and I was away from the B&B at 7:30 to get the 8:30 train from Fort William. My ticket - booked in advance and using my senior railcard - cost £9.20 return.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/871145/large_IMG_5143.jpg capti Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Mar 30, 2017
- Cara Menggugurkan Kandungan Atau Aborsi Dengan PilAda banyak cara untuk melakukan prosedur aborsi. Setiap dokter memiliki nya preferensi untuk menggunakan satu atau kombinasi metode untuk berhasil melaksanakan prosedur. Ada 3 prosedur yang digunakan untuk melakukan jangka terlambat dan prosedur aborsi Ca Posted by kandungan in Obat Aborsi Penggugur Kandungan | Mar 4, 2017
- Trains, Planes & AutomobilesMy first trip to Bavaria in 2017.
Remarkably, all the travel went according to plan!
This trip involved 2 cars, a bus, a plane and 2 trains. It gave plenty of scope for problems.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/871145/large_223858067974 Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Feb 4, 2017
- visiting rural points along the Pan American Highway....From the start…….
We all met before the trek in Texas, socialized and inspected the vehicles, paperwork, and
prepared to enter into the journey of a lifetime!
THEN it started…
YOU COULD NOT IMAGINE DRIVING INTO LATIN AMERICA IN YOUR OWN RV1
“I really Posted by rvcampertravele in RV USA to South America | Feb 1, 2017
- LockerbieI had my first business trip of 2017 today. It was to Lockerbie, in the Scottish Borders.
Having made that journey by car many times, and once by train, I opted for th Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Jan 19, 2017
- The Last TripThe last trip of 2016. A day out in Nürnberg on 30 December.
The starting point was Gaimersheim near Ingolstadt, about 55 miles (90km) to the south, so it was a train journey and not a flight!
DB does a Bayern Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Jan 9, 2017
- The Last Train in West Africa[float=right][/float]Settling into the hard, blue plastic seats in the second class carriage is all Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Dec 17, 2016
- Nothing. Except endless bush, beaches, mines and stationsBroome is very remote even by Western Australian standards. Just an example to illustrate this statement: when searching for used bikes on gumtree.au.com, I had a couple of results for Broome and Cable Beach. And then the system offered to Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Dec 4, 2016
- Winter FestivalWe are organising Bomb Fire parties and jams on the beaches of Elmina and Cape Coast.We will guide you to tour Zoos,Safari,Wild Animals and Animals Sanctuary,Interesting and Cultural Centres and places of interest. You get a chance to mingle with Posted by Mpoanu.Fun.Tour in Mpoanu Fun Tours | Dec 4, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – OverviewThis was my first full day of the tour. We ha a great day and saw some fantastic scenery. We went to:
• Tranz-Alpine Railway
• West Coast
• Franz Josef Glacier
[center][img= Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Tranz-Alpine==Tranz-Alpine Railway from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass==
We all piled into the bus at the hotel and made our way to the station.
When we got Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 3 – August 2016==Cathedral Square==
[quote]Cathedral Square, locally known simply as the Square, is the geographical centre and heart of Christchurch, New Zealand, where the city's Anglican cathedral, Christchurch Cathedral is located. The square stands at the theoreti Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 25, 2016
- And no you can't see it from outer space (China)Beijing in 1989 was in a small way the inspiration behind taking this trip. Not so much because of the student uprising that took place and the subsequent events that unfolded in and around Tiananmen Square at the time but Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Sep 14, 2016
- Obihiro ButadonThe Obihiro butadon is a famous local dish in the region of Tokachi in Hokkaido. Every butadon in the nation of Japan looks up to the butadon in Obihiro because that's where it was originated from. In this Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 10, 2016
- Viduržemiai. SugrįžimasKaršta Barselonoj dieną iki 32-jų naktį 25 temstant tiesiai nuo lėktuvo traukinio atvykstu į laivą vandens geriamo nėr dujų nėr laivas nelabai svetingai pasitinka džiugu kad sulaukė be kitokių siurprizų nes audrų su rimtais škvalais čia bent pora ritosi k Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 2, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Waking In GermanyI woke in the morning after a pretty good sleep (just myself and one other in my couchette on the train from Paris), to snow on the ground outside! To someone who lives in Sydney, Australia, snow is a big Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Arriving In Germany And Berlin Wandering – Europe 2013Arriving in Germany was pretty cool – as in cold! There was snow!! The average temp for the day was only 4C / 39F.
I spent the day on a hop-on-hop-off bus around Berlin and saw the following sights:
• Brandenburg Gate
• Tauentzienstr Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 6 Brugge To Berlin – 3 TrainsThis afternoon and evening was a big long train trip.
I got my first train from Bruges to Brussels, and then my second train to Paris Gare de l’Est.
I wandered around the s Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 5 Paris – Train To BruggeI leaned out the window of my hotel room to take a last photo of the Eiffel Tower.
I then headed to Gare du Nord, and got there super early. This meant I had a lot o Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 5 Paris To Brugge – Europe 2013 HolidayToday was a train trip to Brugge / Bruges in Belgium.
I caught the metro to Gare du Nord, then a Thalys train to Brussels Midi (South), then a local train to Brugges.
[center][/cen Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 4 Paris – Gare de l'EstI got up quite early and took the Metro to Gare de l'Est. My train went to Bar le Duc (it was free as part of my Eurail ticket and it was a slow train).
[center][img=http://photos.travellers Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016
- Day 4 Champagne Region – Europe 2013 HolidayI did a day trip to the Champagne Region. I really wanted to drink French Champagne in the French Champagne region.
I went to Reims and Épernay.
The will break up th Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016
- Day 3 Paris - Heading to VersaillesI left left hotel quite early (jet lag was still a problem....) and walked through the early morning streets where the shops were accepting their goods for the day (including an amazing amount of fresh flowers!). I walked along Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 22, 2016