Blog Entries tagged 'trains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'trains'
- Interlaken - SuíçaQuando planejávamos a ida àquela terra séria e pontual chamada Suíça já havíamos ouvido falar dos famosos "Alpes Suíços" mas não imaginávamos que ali encontravam-se os melhores e na minha opinião mais bonitos picos nevados do mundo! Basta ver o Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 21, 2015
- Zurique - SuíçaAhhhhh a Suíça, como foi mesmo que eu fui parar lá? Sim... sim, foi por medo! Medo da minha namorada e companheira de viagem Denise Rodrigues... Planejávamos há meses a tão sonhada viagem para a Europa mas o medo dela Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 21, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- European Trip April 2015I finally left London April 2nd at 8:30 a.m. for Paris via Eurostar train. It was a 2 hr and 15 min. trip.(comfortable) I had some sleep on the train. I must have fallen asleep while the train was Posted by martza in European Trip April 2015 | May 11, 2015
- Milano Centrale Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/1/|1st Night in Milan]]
Milano Centrale is the main railway station in Milan and many inter-city trains pass here. When boarding the train to La Spezia, we were pushing our luggage along the pla Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 7, 2015
- Figuring Out the Best Way to Get ThereNow that I know that I will definitly travel by train. It was time to do a search for the best deals on trains in the UK.
So to get to Minffordd from London, one needs to transfer in Birmingham.
Although Posted by peeweeke in Steam and Beer | May 3, 2015
- My first big holiday!
Goa – this tiny little state on the western coast of India is perhaps the most sought after holiday destination worldwide.
I have stopped counting now the number of times I have been there. Holidays for me always end up being Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Apr 13, 2015
- Getting kicked out of BelarusSo there I was at 3am in a lock room at the train station of the small town of Bigosovo in Belarus, Under armed guard no less.
At this stage you might be wondering why, I know I wasn't. I Posted by jampez77 in Travelling Fool | Mar 30, 2015
- Belated Honeymoon - Euro StyleHere is where we are going!
For 18 days!
[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=davekatie&tripid=728058|Our Trip]] Posted by davekatie in Our Travels | Mar 25, 2015
- Join our community.We publish our community management on gummytraveler( dot ) com our ideas about group leisures on travel.
Because we have so many ideas to share we invite all of you to join our new projects.
We hope to make more larger this Posted by Gummy Traveler in Joint Venture Lab. | Mar 23, 2015
- Walking Tour of BrindisiHaving arrived on the overnight train from Rome (via Bari) I was exhausted. I knew I had a long wait and had known it since setting off the day before.
It was around 9am when the train pulled into the station Posted by jampez77 in Travelling Fool | Mar 17, 2015
- Mother of All Evidence Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | Jun 24, 2014
- Un dimanche à Mumbai Mes chers amis,
comme certains me l’avaient suggéré j’avais prévu de vous envoyer des mails groupés assez régulièrement mais me voilà déjà ici depuis cinq mois et pas beaucoup de mails groupés ont été envoyés. Il faut dire aussi qu’entre Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Dec 22, 2014
- BangkokWow -
Bangkok is pretty overwhelming! It is a sprawling and furious mix of people, street food, zany concepts of traffic control all simmered in stifling heat and humidity. In other words, a pretty awesome place.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 19, 2014
- London London was never a city high on my list to travel to because when I thought of it, I thought of it like my home town, but much much colder. Man was I wrong though.
I knew it would be a Posted by nomadicblonde in Finally fulfilling a dream | Nov 10, 2014
- AshgabatBuses: A new long-distance bus station opened just outside the city in September. It's a fantastic, airport departure lounge type of place, with everything super organised for the ten of buses that depart here every day! We got a taxi Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Oct 16, 2014
- China September 2014[float=right][/float]
===Visa for China===
To visit China you may need to apply to the Chinese Embassy for a visa. For British citizens applying from the UK this takes 5 to 10 days by post from the Chinese Embassies in London, Manchester Posted by downroute in Downroute | Oct 16, 2014
- Pennsylvania Dutch CountryI had a work assignment in Pennsylvania and since Eric grew up in Lancaster, we decided to go a few days early for a small getaway.
After traveling on Friday, we awoke on Saturday ready to explore. Our first stop Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Nov 6, 2013
- BudapestTrains: Keleti station is the main international train station. If you are wanting to book onward tickets to destinations outside Hungary, you need to go to the international ticket office beside Platform 6.
There you go to a machine where there Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 6, 2014
- ViennaTravel - train: Most international trains currently come into the West Bahnhof, while the HauptBahnhof (or central station) is the place to get the train to Bratislava.
The Hauptbahnhof must be the most deserted central station I have ever seen Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 2, 2014
- The Train - Kumming - Guilin (China)I've lived in China for 4 years and in that time have observed many a road accident and the occasional street fight (however the later is far more unlikely, unlike a Friday night in the UK where its's almost guaranteed). Posted by DamientheAlien in Is anyone a doctor? errr no. | Aug 30, 2014
- One Month UpdateAccording to this blogging site, these are some of my stats so far:
- 7008 miles traveled
- 9 countries visited – US, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands, and the Czech Republic
- 32 days spent traveling
- 0.35 % of my Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
This blog began with this trip. I started writing every week or so, and kept it going through the US, India and SE Asia. The nature of the travel changed, w Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 12, 2014