Blog Entries tagged 'transportation'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'transportation'
- The road to QuitoThe following is an email I sent to a certain travelmate I left behind in Bolivia.. Shameless duplication.
I am not having fun trying to get to Quito... Was horribly sick on the bus to Cusco, was even sicker nex Posted by BatSoo in Global Hoboing | Apr 29, 2009
- Hazard on the roadJust the other day I saw an road accident involving three vehicles. Two empty trailer trucks and sandwiched between them is a toyota crosswind. Today on my way to work, I saw another road accident involving a taxi cab Posted by veela in Tripster Adventures and Misadventures | Feb 22, 2009
- ROAD TRIPAlthough no celebrity sighting was actually achieved in LA this was not due to lack of trying..i have no regrets crouching in Jennifer Aniston’s bush, no regrets going through Courtney Cox’s rubbish or no regrets stalking anyone who might have Posted by willandsam in Will and Sams World Tour | Apr 9, 2009
- Experiencing "North" AmericaSunday 8th March - clear
Seeing as Claire's body seems to have an intolerance for food in general, it seemed like a good idea to start off with a food shop. Nothing exciting to mention except that you can get almond Posted by HOODnDIGS in Oh Canada! | Mar 10, 2009
- Vietnam HanoiIf your courage is up to crossing the street there is a lot to see. First the street; nobody and I me and I mean nobody stops unless they're sure they will hit something and break their ride. If you're Posted by patgoodeve in Patrick's Okinawa, Tokyo, Viet Nam | Apr 7, 2009
- Through the eye of a needle20 March 2009
What follows is a factual account of the trip from Phnom Penh to Sen Monorom in Mondulkiri province of Cambodia. Some names have been changed to protect the innocent (from embarrassment).
It all starts at 6am Posted by echo75 in Wanderlust | Apr 7, 2009
- Lijiang-Guangzhou-KathmanduOn 27th March we started the epic trip from west china to East. First was an 8 hour sleeper bus (Lijiang-Kunming)which was the wierdest experience of the trip so far. We each had a bed and it was an 8 Posted by annacronin in ARE WE THERE YET......? | Apr 5, 2009
- Steeples rising above green fields and love of roundaboutsWe had just come over a small rise when we spotted another one. A small rise is really the only kind of rise that one can come over in this area, as the land is mostly flat and waterlogged, Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Apr 3, 2009
- Tokyo townTokyo is just another big city only bigger. Reminds me of New York only more crowded and I can see over most people. Like most big city people Tokyo'kans are in more of a rush. If they're swearing at me Posted by patgoodeve in Patrick's Okinawa, Tokyo, Viet Nam | Apr 1, 2009
- Taking the Train verses Renting a Car in EuropeBefore we left for our three week trip to Europe two summers ago. We planned all of the towns and cities that we wanted to visit before we left. The reason that we did this was to decide if we Posted by Sheryl W in Europe on a budget with kids | Mar 28, 2009
- Selkirk, MB, Canada
It's been fun the 1st week I was here, first in Saskatoon with Heather and Caitlin that I met a year ago. Now I'm at Kristins who I also met a year ago, where you ask, we Posted by trang87 in 2008-2011 | Mar 18, 2009
- Overland Cambodia11 March
For overland travel in Cambodia, all roads lead to Phnom Penh and so, in order to get to Siem Reap we needed to get to Phnom Penh from Kampot and then take a bus to Siem Reap. We Posted by echo75 in Wanderlust | Mar 18, 2009
- There May Be Trouble AheadOur overdue bus departure from Pokhara to Chitwan was both on-time and trouble-free....... until.... Da da daaaa!
Suddenly the road became empty and as we noticed a congregation of trucks by the side our bus made a sharp U-turn, halted Posted by AndyGem in We're Off to See The Wizard! | Mar 12, 2009
- South American TransitHaving had a crazy couple of weeks in Rio, it was time to move on (and dry out) in Peru... This was the 48 hours of travel that we had been dreading.. a flight to Santiago, Chile for a 9 Posted by willandsam in Will and Sams World Tour | Mar 1, 2009
- Movin On5 March
"Hello. These are our seats." (Smiling, friendly facial expression)
"No, my husband, he.." (scowl, chin pushed out)
"Yes they are, see, here on the ticket." (still smiling)
"No, I .. we're.." (scowling, looking for husband for back up)
"T Posted by echo75 in Wanderlust | Mar 9, 2009
- Back HomeI made it back to Harrisburg today intact. Goodbye warm weather, hello overcast sky. Thanks everyone.
Posted by elefantstn in Working Vacation | Feb 26, 2009
- Bangkok TrafficThe traffic in Bangkok can be described as barely contained chaos. Cars, trucks and motorbikes all vie for space on incredibly congested roads, a multitude of vehicles weaving around each other and dodging in front. Throw into this Posted by echo75 in Wanderlust | Feb 24, 2009
- Quickest way to Hong KongIf you're like me, you probably want to know the quickest way to get from the airport to the city center. We booked our hotel on a package tour which included the transfer to/from the airport. For those Posted by HelenaK in Southeast Asia | Feb 18, 2009
- On the RiverBeautiful and Cold.
Posted by Crystallax in My Travels | Feb 18, 2009
- Getting around BeijingBeijing is a world of old and new trying to meld together. Boston has this same problem, although Beijing and Boston solve it different ways.
Beijing is laid out in a series of ring roads that start with the first ring Posted by msarich in Voyage to China | Jan 30, 2009
- Pindari Glacier Himalayas - Getting to the starting point
Well 3 hours of wait at Moradabad was like a life time . But was good entertainment too. We got to see some pretty characters too.
If you are wondering what this is , u need to read fro Posted by paddy.ir in Travel Memoirs | Feb 10, 2009
- Made ItI am here, I am tired, and I am unpacking.
When you get to Cancún airport and walk out, there's the usual crush of hotel-taxi-transfer hawkers, but if you're transferring buses downtown anyway, it's much cheaper to take the $3 airport Posted by elefantstn in Working Vacation | Feb 9, 2009
- Little Drummer BoyPauwi na ako kahapon. Nakasakay na ako ng jeep sa may Coastal Road papuntang Sucat. Puno ang jeep at nagkahinto ito dahil hinihintay na mag-berde ang ilaw ng stoplight. Dahil sa sobrang antok, ipinikit ko na ang aking mata dahil Posted by veela in Tripster Adventures and Misadventures | Feb 8, 2009
- A Tale of Triumph Over Painful Scheduling and Brutal Jet-LagSo, we are now comfortably nestled in Moose Hollow condos in Eden, Utah.
The journey started slightly less comfortably due to us only getting 4 hours of sleep after the karaoke madness of the night before (thanks to everyone that made Posted by pendleton in The Pendleton Odyssey | Feb 6, 2009
- Washington DC/ Marion, NCI was in NYC on Thursday, a friend of mine in NY had some friends that were going back to DC so I decided to join just like that, was suppose to meet a friend, but that didn't happen so Posted by trang87 in 2008-2011 | Jan 31, 2009