Blog Entries tagged 'transportation'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'transportation'
- One man (a host of Angels) and his chiselToday a bus driver probably saved us from a lynching. On the early bus between Gondar and Lalibela we were woken by the bus going up slightly on two wheels and veering off toward the edge of the road Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Feb 10, 2011
- One Way or Round Trip?“One way or round trip?”
A seemingly simple question, considering I was only planning on taking the ferry into the city for the day before returning to Manly to meet up with my gracious host Alex. “Round trip.” Posted by dpteitel in On My Stoop | Feb 9, 2011
- Taxi! Taxi!Writing about our taxi-cum-time machine in Mysore got us thinking about the numerous cars we’ve ridden in since our arrival. The first thing that always happens is that the driver pulls into the nearest gas station and demands payment so Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Jan 5, 2011
- Up a tree and down a riverToday was a day of ups and downs. We’d wanted to hire a driver to take us from Bwindi, 60km to Queen Elizabeth National Park, via the area of the park where the tree climbing lions are for an Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Jan 4, 2011
- Q. How do you fit eleven people in a Ford EscortThe Tanzania/Uganda border in the south is a small hut by the side of the dirt road with a very friendly man inside. I think it would have been possible to walk straight across because noone checked our passports Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Jan 4, 2011
- What is Rule #4??You find our happy travelers back in Dar es Salaam for the night, checked into the YMCA having a beer in the garden with a tray of stew and rice and a beer on the table in front of them. Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Dec 24, 2010
- Wherearewe?We had read about yet another eco-conscious set up on the remotest shore of the lake which was also a challenge to reach being completely inaccessible by roads because of the surrounding mountains, and the boats all finished about 4 Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Nov 29, 2010
- Community on the wavesHoonnk Hoooooooooonnnnk. The Ilala is the old, Scottish, iron passenger ship that makes a weekly trip north and south, up and down the lake stopping to pick up passengers and cargo, service the islands and take people between Mozambique Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Nov 25, 2010
- SaigonSo like I said we arrived in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with no hassle got dropped off in the main district, three I think? I never worked it out but I'm going with district three and without any issues Posted by Nick.t in Round the World | Nov 3, 2010
- A monk's picnicLike everywhere we have been so far the summer months are hot and dry but the winter months bring snow and lots of it. Iran gets 10 moetres we were told and everyone in Lebanon and Syria are also Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Sep 23, 2010
- Jungle BeachAt the end of my last post I touched on a place called “Jungle beach”, I didn’t give too many details about it except for a quick badly written over view and how to get there, so now I'm going Posted by Nick.t in Round the World | Sep 6, 2010
- bus journey from hellYesterday was a bit of a n epic actually. We got up early to go to the Dali Lama teaching but Gwen was still ill so we took it steady, which was nice actually as the sun was boiling hot Posted by Dizzey1 in India | Aug 28, 2010
- Roadtrip!!!Look how quick I am getting at this! Its like buses - none for weeks and now two in a matter of days! Thank Lizzy...
So, in response to popular demand, thought I better upload some pictures of The Rafting Incident! Posted by laurajhous in Leaving On A Jet Plane..... | Aug 15, 2010
- Official Adventure #1As I write this I am sitting listening to Dave play drums with an a.maz.ing dulcimer player in a Tehrani home where we have been invited to stay for the last two nights. (Thanks Fari! Leily and Javad have Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 11, 2010
- all this just for a coffee.......?We woke around 730 and packed for our journey, roughly 20min by rickshaw followed by an hour by bus to Dehra Dun. The journey out rishikesh somewhat less epic than the journey in as we were able to use the Posted by Dizzey1 in India | Aug 8, 2010
- Yellowstone to MarylandAfter Yellowstone, where our last trip narrative left off, we made the short trip to Cody, Wyoming and rented a motel room for the night. Cody is named after Buffalo Bill Cody, who killed innumerable buffalo (Wikipedia says 4,280 in Posted by sea2sea in Sea to Shining Sea | Jul 29, 2010
- prima del primo giornoavevamo sempre pensato di cominciare il viaggio a burgos ... mai a pensare che la fatica piu pesante sarebbe stato arrivarci ... 200 minuti di ritardo per arrivare a milano ... con un intercity molto ma molto economico come Posted by vellafkt in esco a fare due passi .... | Jul 17, 2010
- Arrivé au DanemarkAllo!
Notre avion est arrivé à Toronto avec 1h de retard hier! Cause Orages dans la région de Toronto. Je n'ai pas manqué mon vol pour Copenhague, il était aussi retardé. Une chance! Sinon ça laissait 20 Posted by genmtl in Emmenez-moi au bout de la terre | Jul 12, 2010
- Princes Islands and Good-bye IstanbulOn our last day in Turkey, we decided to visit Buyukada, the largest of the Princes Islands. Getting there wasn't difficult. We just hopped on a ferry and enjoyed the ride. There were a lot of vendors on the ferry Posted by wetabixkid in Travelling Therapists | Jul 12, 2010
- Planes, Trains, and AutomobilesIt's been a LONG couple of days. I'm not sure that this will be as long of an update as it should be because it's past eleven, and I have school tomorrow. I had a long overnight train Posted by saralovett in Sara's International Adventures | Jul 5, 2010
- Hello South Island!Yahoo, it's the south! I hop on the boat, and I already feel like I'm on my way to a place where I belong. It didn't take long for me (as well as others) to step out on to the Posted by NZsweetpea in The Unexpected Flight | Jul 2, 2010
- Argentina v. MexicoWe left our lions and leopards and flew back to Jo-burg in time to watch this match. Our second visit to Soccer City was much smoother than our first. Aftter storing our luggage at the airport we hired a car Posted by jfarq in jfjwinafrica | Jun 29, 2010
- Quick Catch UpSo we are now in Singapore Airport with lots of time to spare, so i thiought i would write a little blog to keep you all up to date with where we have been and what we are up to Posted by doyley7 in Chris and Gooses Most Excellent Adventur | Jun 28, 2010
- Home!We’re home! It is wonderful! We pulled into Silver Spring last night to find that our apartment was clean, our cat was happy to see us, and the garden had exploded with greenness. The final days of our trip focused Posted by sea2sea in Sea to Shining Sea | Jun 21, 2010
- Raining in Las VegasRoom 14223, Rush Tower, Golden Nugget, Las Vegas NV. 8pm. 23/5/10
No Blog tonight. Just a little note to say "safely arrived in Las Vegas". And it's raining and it's 63 degrees. Luckily got to the good ole Golden Nugget in Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 23, 2010