Blog Entries tagged 'transportation'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'transportation'
- A monk's picnicLike everywhere we have been so far the summer months are hot and dry but the winter months bring snow and lots of it. Iran gets 10 moetres we were told and everyone in Lebanon and Syria are also Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Sep 23, 2010
- Jungle BeachAt the end of my last post I touched on a place called “Jungle beach”, I didn’t give too many details about it except for a quick badly written over view and how to get there, so now I'm going Posted by Nick.t in Round the World | Sep 6, 2010
- bus journey from hellYesterday was a bit of a n epic actually. We got up early to go to the Dali Lama teaching but Gwen was still ill so we took it steady, which was nice actually as the sun was boiling hot Posted by Dizzey1 in India | Aug 28, 2010
- Roadtrip!!!Look how quick I am getting at this! Its like buses - none for weeks and now two in a matter of days! Thank Lizzy...
So, in response to popular demand, thought I better upload some pictures of The Rafting Incident! Posted by laurajhous in Leaving On A Jet Plane..... | Aug 15, 2010
- Official Adventure #1As I write this I am sitting listening to Dave play drums with an a.maz.ing dulcimer player in a Tehrani home where we have been invited to stay for the last two nights. (Thanks Fari! Leily and Javad have Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 11, 2010
- all this just for a coffee.......?We woke around 730 and packed for our journey, roughly 20min by rickshaw followed by an hour by bus to Dehra Dun. The journey out rishikesh somewhat less epic than the journey in as we were able to use the Posted by Dizzey1 in India | Aug 8, 2010
- Yellowstone to MarylandAfter Yellowstone, where our last trip narrative left off, we made the short trip to Cody, Wyoming and rented a motel room for the night. Cody is named after Buffalo Bill Cody, who killed innumerable buffalo (Wikipedia says 4,280 in Posted by sea2sea in Sea to Shining Sea | Jul 29, 2010
- The Suburbs. I made the mistake of visiting my mom in the suburbs a few days ago. It rivaled one of the worst days of my entire life.
Most of the time when I visit her I do so in a way Posted by LeillaC in turkey with a splash of cran | Jul 17, 2010
- prima del primo giornoavevamo sempre pensato di cominciare il viaggio a burgos ... mai a pensare che la fatica piu pesante sarebbe stato arrivarci ... 200 minuti di ritardo per arrivare a milano ... con un intercity molto ma molto economico come Posted by vellafkt in esco a fare due passi .... | Jul 17, 2010
- Arrivé au DanemarkAllo!
Notre avion est arrivé à Toronto avec 1h de retard hier! Cause Orages dans la région de Toronto. Je n'ai pas manqué mon vol pour Copenhague, il était aussi retardé. Une chance! Sinon ça laissait 20 Posted by genmtl in Emmenez-moi au bout de la terre | Jul 12, 2010
- Princes Islands and Good-bye IstanbulOn our last day in Turkey, we decided to visit Buyukada, the largest of the Princes Islands. Getting there wasn't difficult. We just hopped on a ferry and enjoyed the ride. There were a lot of vendors on the ferry Posted by wetabixkid in Travelling Therapists | Jul 12, 2010
- Planes, Trains, and AutomobilesIt's been a LONG couple of days. I'm not sure that this will be as long of an update as it should be because it's past eleven, and I have school tomorrow. I had a long overnight train Posted by saralovett in Sara's International Adventures | Jul 5, 2010
- Hello South Island!Yahoo, it's the south! I hop on the boat, and I already feel like I'm on my way to a place where I belong. It didn't take long for me (as well as others) to step out on to the Posted by NZsweetpea in The Unexpected Flight | Jul 2, 2010
- Argentina v. MexicoWe left our lions and leopards and flew back to Jo-burg in time to watch this match. Our second visit to Soccer City was much smoother than our first. Aftter storing our luggage at the airport we hired a car Posted by jfarq in jfjwinafrica | Jun 29, 2010
- Quick Catch UpSo we are now in Singapore Airport with lots of time to spare, so i thiought i would write a little blog to keep you all up to date with where we have been and what we are up to Posted by doyley7 in Chris and Gooses Most Excellent Adventur | Jun 28, 2010
- Home!We’re home! It is wonderful! We pulled into Silver Spring last night to find that our apartment was clean, our cat was happy to see us, and the garden had exploded with greenness. The final days of our trip focused Posted by sea2sea in Sea to Shining Sea | Jun 21, 2010
- Raining in Las VegasRoom 14223, Rush Tower, Golden Nugget, Las Vegas NV. 8pm. 23/5/10
No Blog tonight. Just a little note to say "safely arrived in Las Vegas". And it's raining and it's 63 degrees. Luckily got to the good ole Golden Nugget in Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 23, 2010
- "Long Distance Information, Give Me Memphis Tennessee"Room 412, "Hailton Gayrden Ayinn", Conway, nr Little Rock, Arkansas 5:42pm 21/5/10
Arkansas jokes seem to be much the same as Irish jokes and Polish jokes. Poor souls.
Back to Nashville:-
Off to work:-
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 21, 2010
- I ain't Bashful, Aaa'm from NashvilleRoom 936, Doubletree, Nashville. 6:16pm. Thursday 20/5/10
(Yes, still in Nashville. We decided to stay on one more night following Bob's dental treatment, see below).
Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 20, 2010
- Leeds, Birmingham then NashvilleRoom 936, Doubletree Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee. 2:44pm, Tuesday 18/5/10
Well, Bob's filling is holding out. There is not much tooth left, but the filling is still there so Bob decided to leave well alone at the moment. He may Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 18, 2010
- Trains, planes and automobiles
Travelling around India is not for the faint hearted!
Queuing and the art of the elbow:
People in India do not queue. Full stop. in fact I am convinced that queue barging and elbowin Posted by Jules79 in Jules's Indian Adventure | May 17, 2010
- In Charleston: Time for TeethRoom 256, Doubletree, Charleston, 3pm 16/5/10
Well last night we were chewin' on ribs n' chikun' when Bob said "think I've lost a fillin' ". Possibly more like a fragment of a tooth. The receptionists at the hotel could not have Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 16, 2010
- Driving to Mozambique
Driving to Mozambique is nothing I would ever suggest doing on your own. We had a company hired to do the transfer and they earned every penny. We were across the border Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | May 16, 2010
- Charleston - More than a DanceRoom 257, Doubletree Hotel, Charleston, South Carolina, 7:43 pm, 15/5/10
Another amazing, incredible town. We can't believe we are in the USA, till you see the people. Full of tourists as it's weekend (though it's easy enough to get away from Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 15, 2010
- Savannah - AwesomeRoom 256, Doubletree Hotel, Charleston, South Carolina, 8:41pm
[i]You know when you type a load of stuff and you think "I'd better save this"? Well I just did that, and lost the lot. Had almost finished typing this Blog and, splat, Posted by Johnash in Back Again - Two Thousand & Ten | May 14, 2010