Blog Entries tagged 'transportation'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'transportation'
- TranstrickeryWe got up at 6:30am to catch the bus and there they were. I guess Amanda managed to talk Lina into going to the lake. We set off knowing that it's going to be a long journey. We walked to Posted by nawaf in The Waffle Flight | Dec 12, 2009
- NiharahwaI flew into Managua Airport. Luke had been in Nica for about a week now and the day I arrived he was in Granada. The plan was to take a taxi to Managua then take a bus from Managua to Posted by nawaf in The Waffle Flight | Dec 12, 2009
- 101 of Travelling by bus in AfricaBuses in Africa do not depart on time, even if they have a schedule or a departure time. Except in Mozambique. And except for the first bus of the day in Zambia. Although not with every company. In Namibia, they Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Dec 9, 2009
- Who says beach life is boring?There's something about a nice beach place, it doesn't particularly encourage you to do much anything. I'm not a beach person, and cannot understand people who book a two-week holiday to a Greek island or similar; I think I'd die Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Dec 8, 2009
- Champa and Champi, a Laotion love storySo, just who are these two characters? Well, these would be the two macsots for the SEA Games (South East Asian Games). Now, why is this of any significance at all, well this is the bit where it gets interesting.
Firstly, Posted by carl.adams in Southeast Asia 09/10 | Dec 6, 2009
- Woof woofAlisha decided to join me to Atitlan a few days before I left. One thing about Alisha is that she does not like to plan at all so instead of buying our shuttle tickets ahead of time we had to Posted by nawaf in The Waffle Flight | Dec 1, 2009
- Village StoriesWow! It's been a month since I updated my blog - have you missed my stories?! Well the latest story is that KFC has just opened up their first outlet in Nepal as of yesterday and apparently the Posted by NADZ2 in NEPAL & BEYOND | Nov 25, 2009
- Day 1Jetstar were obviously short on people to fill starclass, so on the sunday before the trip we got a call offering a cheap upgrade which we duly accepted.
The airport check in was certainly fun, my first ever random bomb residue Posted by jasbar in Jason and Vanessa | Nov 5, 2009
- Frankfurt callingIch bin gerade in Frakfurt. Mein Gott ich habe Deutschland vermissed. Das Geruch ist gleich in jedem deuschen Stadt. Für mich es `smells´ nach currywurst. Ich treffe Sarah bald und wir essen lunch zusammen. Danach fliege ich nach Sao Paulo. Posted by SENDI in lostintranslation | Nov 5, 2009
- Samedi (Saturday)I woke this morning with my first night minus the little blue man, hmmmpf, still not happy. It was raining, quite heavily at the moment. Glad I made the decision to not stay at the universite and head to Versailles, Posted by Blue Teddy in Blue Teddy and the 14 pillows | Nov 1, 2009
- Mardi (Tuesday)Tuesday 20 October
I slept terribly. I kept waking in fright. I woke at 4 and there was no way I could go back to sleep. I got up and read for a while and then decided about 7 that I Posted by Blue Teddy in Blue Teddy and the 14 pillows | Oct 27, 2009
- Full daysThis past week has been just as full as the last (and, fair warning, this entry is full of photos). Monday was Marie's birthday so all of us gussied up and headed out to the sky bar (the State Posted by decuirrl in a long-winded carte postale | Oct 25, 2009
- Seat belt, cell phone and speed limit laws enforcedAlvin Starkman, M.A., LL.B.
Driving in Oaxaca, Mexico, became a little more difficult in September / October, 2009. That’s when federal, state and municipal governments actually began enforcing the law, at least in the City of Oaxaca and in parts Posted by titosarah in DRIVING TO, FROM, AND IN OAXACA | Oct 21, 2009
- 3 ChickensI moved on Friday like I mentioned but what I didn't tell you is that on Friday during my 10 o'clock break I went to the school garden borrowed Trish's map and was looking for a place to go to Posted by nawaf in The Waffle Flight | Oct 20, 2009
- ResaRedan innan dörrarna til Göteborgståget helt hade stängts började äventyren, bara inte för mig... Jag stod i dörren och pratade med mamma och pappa när visslan gick. Vi hann avsluta alla hälsningar, och när dörrarna började stängas började jag gå Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Oct 20, 2009
- Palico, BatangasFirst time lang nagyari sa akin ito...
Matapos ang stressful na training namin last saturday.. nagpunta kami sa Sucat in Parañaque sa bahay ng co-trainee namin to unwind and relax.
so we travel.. mga banggag sa antok, namumutla sa puyat at kumukulo Posted by PeeJong in My next pit stop! | Oct 19, 2009
- No hiking for usToday's schedule had us hiking in the Drakensburg Mountains. However overnight it rained and the morning was very cloudy. The point of the hike was to get to a scenic overlook that would not have been visible with Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 11, 2009
- Driving thru SwazilandWe were up early this morning to drive to Sodwana Bay and it was a good thing because otherwise I would have missed the Kudu females that came by for a snack.
Genie gave me an appl Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 6, 2009
- Mothers!!!I haven't lived at home in over a decade and now that I'm living with Rosa I feel like I'm a child! I refer to her as my house mother. I eat breakfast and dinner with her and she packs Posted by nawaf in The Waffle Flight | Oct 15, 2009
- Still in this &%&^% airplane!Wow is this a LONG flight! Does any one know if a 747 is capable of mid-air refueling, because it feels like we’ve been up here forever, which I know is impossible due to a simple mass/energy balance. (Nine Posted by hidburch in Australia 2009 | Oct 10, 2009
- En route to Australia!I have no earthly idea what time it is right now. The computer clock say 9:00 am EDT. My watch says 6:00 am, and I haven’t changed it yet from when I set it to Pacific Posted by hidburch in Australia 2009 | Oct 10, 2009
- Tica BusWe left Lago Apoyo for Managua,and went from a decidedly upscale place to the opposite. It had the advantage of being close to the bus station since the bus left the next day at 5 AM. for the two Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 10, 2009
- 24 hours of travel
How do you get from the Greek Islands to Turkey, you might ask. The short answer is:
* 6 hour ferry from Mykonos to Lesbos
* Wait 3 hours, meet 2 Brazilians and have some hot chocolate
Posted by erincadden in We Are Not Teachers Anymore | Oct 2, 2009
- 2: Getting there...still getting there...DC bus to the metro, to the Chinatown bus--strike up a conversation with Japanese couple (hajimemashite, genki desu ka?) and thanks for the kleenex, as I start to get sick thanks to 65° inside after 90° outside, 5 hours of Posted by Zephyra in Confessions of a Recovering Francophile | Aug 26, 2009
- Flying to CuencaOfficially, we’re in Bocas del Toro, Panama. Last night Phil went to bed with his regular face but woke up this morning with someone else’s. It is possible, in fact, that there is a bemused pug wandering the Posted by echo75 in Wanderlust | Sep 20, 2009