Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- The Story So FarSo after a delayed plane at Heathrow I arrived at Johannesburg to find a crazy queue for immigration. Waited patiently watching time tick towards my bus departure time. After some good British dithering, I got close enough to the front Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Aug 20, 2014
- Last Day in EuropeWe had to be at the Belgium airport by 8am Sunday to return the car and pick up another for just 2 days. We were able to arrive right at 8am after sleeping in a rest stop just north of Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 17, 2014
- A little help for the guys out there.....[center]Started writing this one.....a month a go. Oops.
Better late than never?
The next one will be rockin' and on-time don't you worry.
Yo. Bro Brah. Here's the scoop: I know I am wearing athletic clothes at the coffee shop....please Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Aug 16, 2014
- Thailand - Tacky Paradise. [center]Brace yourself, you are in for a ride. [/center]
[center]We arrive in Bangkok (no visa needed as British) from [[http://whydtseasia.travellerspoint.com/4/|Phnom Penh ]] via an [[http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/home.page|Air Asia]] flight (£171) t Posted by WHYDT in SE Asia: 2 Loveburds, 1 Month. | Aug 13, 2014
- Paperwork's Done - 60 days until we leave!Namaste.. (that would be Hello)
Hard to believe that two months from today we will be heading off to India. The time is going fast. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous, but Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - October visit to India | Aug 9, 2014
- Copenhagen, the Last Of ScandinaviaWhen we first arrive in a new city we either go to the tourist information center, if we have located it on a map, or we find people and ask directions. Copenhagen was no different.
It was evening when we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 3, 2014
- Backpacking trip to Italy: Part 1Hi!
First I'll tell you guys something about myself. Although it's hard, I'll try to describe myself as my friends would. I'm spontaneous, responsible, kindhearted, a traveler, hopeless romantic, naive, noble, a good friend, funny, always putting peopl Posted by hannah.rothe.7 in TRIP TO ITALY | Aug 3, 2014
- Orebro, the Most Romantic CastleNext stop Sweden; we’d hoped to make both Orebro and Stockholm but alas…. Time was not on our side. Too much time was taken in the journey and not an emphasis on the destination. We chopped out Stockholm; I’m sure Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 1, 2014
- 26th July 2014Well, it is sad and also exciting times today- leaving Thailand but flying to Sydney- the country where we will spend our next year.
It's Saturday today and since the last blog we've left Koh Samui, dove the sleeper train Posted by emmaabroad in Thailand | Jul 30, 2014
- Oslo and Roald AmundsenI awoke at 3:30am to sunlight, not bright sun, but it wasn’t dark at all.
Finally washers and dryers, several of them! We all had clean clothes before leaving for the day of sightseeing.
Our 1st, and it turns out only Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 27, 2014
- The Grieg House and BryggenNext stop, Bergen! What a fun little town, although not so little by Norway standards.
We didn’t arrive very early so only stopped at the fish market where I could get online and we could get our bearings. I found Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 22, 2014
- Three Months of Adventures in Permaculture, Panama Edition:Well, just yesterday, we hit three months of working on our project here in Arenosa, Panama. The property, just over two acres, is basically bisected by a sidewalk. The owners have given us free reign over one side and asked Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jul 20, 2014
- Off to the Hinterlands of Europe, Or NorthwardAfter a day of organizing, buying a camp stove and one last beer garden with Dieter and Inge we were off to the wild blue yonder of Northern Europe.
We car camped just to see how it would be to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 20, 2014
- On the Road in CzechTime to leave Prague, Dieter would be outside the hotel near 11am. We had breakfast that the hotel served: toast, meat, cheese, tomatoes and coffee. From breakfast we finished packing then went out to the square to buy some chocolates, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2014
- The Beautiful Province of BatangasBatangas is one of the most popular destinations near Metro Manila, Philippines. The province has many excellent beaches and resorts to visit including Pico de Loro, which has a great resort and beach view, and Anilao, which has a great Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 18, 2014
- My Love Triangle Since leaving our journey story in Scotland a month ago, I have received a large number of emails. They basically fall into 2 groups. There are the 29 people who have ordered Haggis Whistles. Interestingly, the expatriate Scottish buyers all Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jul 17, 2014
- BledBefore I start talking about my travels here, I just want to highly recommend Slovenia to anyone.
I travelled here with my girlfriend, Lydia, for a little break after I'd just came back from Benidorm on a stag do and Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 17, 2014
- Racing Ghosts & Near Death Laugther[center]It feels very strange to be writing an entry from a place other than sandwiched between two large men in the middle seat somewhere on the back-half of a Southwest flight. Got to L-O-V-E having boarding position C48 every. damn. Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Jul 16, 2014
- No - we're not crazy!Well, the news of our trip has led to mixed reactions from our friends. Some think it is a great opportunity and a chance to stretch our comfort zone a little farther. On the other hand, as you Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - October visit to India | Jul 16, 2014
- SoFL, Volume 1I've raced storms to catch the sunset. Flown till 12:30 am to drive four and a half hours the next morning to visit enchanted castles and goblin banks. Been stormed away from a zoo by lightning. Ate the best tacos Posted by JenniElle in (Miss)Adventures | Jul 16, 2014
- Last Day in PragueOur last full day in Prague, our concert at the Estates in the evening.
We agreed to meet up with Dieter and Inge at 1 or so, it gave us time to tour the castle area. We walked up the steep Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 16, 2014
- Stormy Day in PragueIt was forecast to rain so we wore our rain jackets. It was cool, about 65F so we all wore our warm clothes.
The 1st stop with the Music Museum, Narodni Museum.
http://www.praguewelcome.cz/srv/www/en/objects/detail.x;jsessionid=BDE23680CCCBA045EDD8C Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 15, 2014
- And It's Off to PragueAnd we were off to Prague, a 2-1/2 hour drive.
We could not drive our car into Czech, something about a problem with the insurance. We planned to ride the train but at the last minute Dieter got the days off Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 14, 2014
- Pre-planning for IndiaSaturday, July 5, 2014
We get a call from a friend of my wife. She remembers my wife saying "if you ever go back to India, we'd love to go with you". So roll the clock forward eight Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - October visit to India | Jul 13, 2014
- Touring Regensburg in the RainWe planned to net up with Dieter, repack, and then head out for Prague. Dieter emailed and asked if we might meet in Regensburg instead at 2pm. I’d wanted Dale to see Regensburg so this would be perfect. What Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2014