Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- Mishaps on the Gambian River[float=left][/float]Ever since I began contemplating travelling in Africa, I’ve been dreaming of taking Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jul 10, 2016
- Dancing Tango in Hamburg's Red Light District[i][b]It was getting dark as I left my hostel. A few metres from where the Beatles played their first gig abroad, a man dressed as a pirate was singing let it be and accompanying himself on a guitar. Friday night Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Jul 10, 2016
- Chapter 6: PeruThe 19 hour bus ride from Mancora to Lima wasn't half as bad as it sounds. Two meals, super comfy reclining seats and an endless stream of Adam Sandler films dubbed in Spanish, what more could you want? So when Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jul 8, 2016
- Is Traditional Africa Real?[float=right][/float]A cluster of small round huts, build by clay and with roofs made of straw., Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jul 7, 2016
- Mbuzi Mawe - Seronera Part I
Another early start in the dark today, complete with luggage as we are moving Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 20, 2016
- Serengeti Part II
As we arrive at our lunch stop, a memory of 29 elephants wander past in the distance. As they do.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Elephants_ Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 19, 2016
- Final Day, Final thoughtsOur last morning arrived more quickly than we wanted. We got ourselves up & dressed and Alena hailed an Uber to take us to the train station - Gare Lyon - where we could catch the 'Bus Direct' that would Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jul 1, 2016
- Serengeti Part I
As we wait for Malisa to come and collect us for today’s safari, Chris catches up on some Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 19, 2016
- Village Jumping in the Mangrove Forests[float=right][/float]As the fishers sailed closer to the beach, they yelled for my attention. One of them ju Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jun 30, 2016
- Chapter 5: Ecuador to Mancora, PeruI'm not going to waste too much precious Internet space on Miami. It is what it is, and I'm sure some people love it, but I'm afraid I ain't one of them. Thankfully there was plenty of football to keep Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jun 29, 2016
- Ndutu - Mbuzi Mawe
I start the day with a spot of bird watching as the sun comes up.
===[b]Wh Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 18, 2016
- Back to Colonial Africa[float=right][/float]Wandering lazy down through the sand-covered streets, in the shade of colourful 1 Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jun 23, 2016
- Ndutu Part II
Food at Ndutu is always a pleasure and today’s lunch is no Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 17, 2016
- South Korea P3: Tips and bits upon arrival ===This is Part 3 of my SK series. ===You can read [[http://beyondpassportstamps.travellerspoint.com/1/|PART 1 here]] and [[http://beyondpassportstamps.travellerspoint.com/2/|Part 2 here]].
More than a month after I got my visa, my much awaited fan-g Posted by Phpassport in Beyond passport stamps | Jun 19, 2016
- Murphy's Law When Trying to LeaveAnother 24-hour turnaround trip. We had planned to leave early Sat morning, drive to Ft. Bidwell, then on to Oregon. Well, that plan changed quickly.
Nate called and asked if we’d deliver almonds to their newest farmers market, in Larkspur, just Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 19, 2016
- When Travellers Lie[float=right][/float]Dakar, where I’ve spent the past week, is a city full of hustlers, con artists, bumsters, pickp Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jun 18, 2016
- Kings Canyon Between StormsIt rained all night with thunder and lightning. The thunder went on and on sometimes not stopping, just continuous. We could only imagine what was going on, on the trail and hoped our kids were not getting soaked.
The rain let Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 17, 2016
- Travel DayPHEW! We made it to Saint-Emilion! Airplane, bus, high-speed train and car rental, 19 hours later, we’re at Chateau La Confession, in Saint Emilion. Flight was pretty good but we had to deplane away from the main terminal and get Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Camping in Kings CanyonThe reason we came to Kings Canyon was to leave Justin’s truck at the End of the Road. This is literally the end of the road and one can only hike out from here. There is a small Backcountry Ranger Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 16, 2016
- Ndutu - Part I
===Bat Eared Fox===
We leave the lodge while it is still dark this morning, and Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 17, 2016
- A Bit of Luck In Kings CanyonWe got home by 9pm, picked up some dinner and ate. After doing 3 loads of laundry, dishes, and packing up items we’d forgotten, we got to bed by 1am then up again at 5:30am. We were on the road Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 16, 2016
- Treats On A Camping Trip6:30 am came early, too early, with a wake-up call via a knock on the door. I threw on my robe and there was the host. “You can’t camp on the road” and “you didn’t pay”. Yes, we are fully Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 14, 2016
- Chapter 4: Canada (Part 2) & the USASince my last post, I've been overwhelmed by the concern regarding the welfare and whereabouts of my jacket. Oddly enough it overtook me and made it to Halifax before I did, courtesy of Fréderique, the Dutch tenant of my Couchsurfing Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jun 13, 2016
- Ngorongoro - Oldupai - Ndutu
Seeing the clear skies from our balcony this morning, I really wish I’d got up in the night to take some pictures of the stars. I shall just have to photograph the sunrise Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 16, 2016
- Maramboi - Ngorongoro
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Breakfast_at_Maramboi_1.jp Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 15, 2016