Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- On the Road in CzechTime to leave Prague, Dieter would be outside the hotel near 11am. We had breakfast that the hotel served: toast, meat, cheese, tomatoes and coffee. From breakfast we finished packing then went out to the square to buy some chocolates, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2014
- The Beautiful Province of BatangasBatangas is one of the most popular destinations near Metro Manila, Philippines. The province has many excellent beaches and resorts to visit including Pico de Loro, which has a great resort and beach view, and Anilao, which has a great Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 18, 2014
- My Love Triangle Since leaving our journey story in Scotland a month ago, I have received a large number of emails. They basically fall into 2 groups. There are the 29 people who have ordered Haggis Whistles. Interestingly, the expatriate Scottish buyers all Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jul 17, 2014
- BledBefore I start talking about my travels here, I just want to highly recommend Slovenia to anyone.
I travelled here with my girlfriend, Lydia, for a little break after I'd just came back from Benidorm on a stag do and Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 17, 2014
- Racing Ghosts & Near Death Laugther[center]It feels very strange to be writing an entry from a place other than sandwiched between two large men in the middle seat somewhere on the back-half of a Southwest flight. Got to L-O-V-E having boarding position C48 every. damn. Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Jul 16, 2014
- No - we're not crazy!Well, the news of our trip has led to mixed reactions from our friends. Some think it is a great opportunity and a chance to stretch our comfort zone a little farther. On the other hand, as you Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Jul 16, 2014
- SoFL, Volume 1I've raced storms to catch the sunset. Flown till 12:30 am to drive four and a half hours the next morning to visit enchanted castles and goblin banks. Been stormed away from a zoo by lightning. Ate the best tacos Posted by JenniElle in (Miss)Adventures | Jul 16, 2014
- Last Day in PragueOur last full day in Prague, our concert at the Estates in the evening.
We agreed to meet up with Dieter and Inge at 1 or so, it gave us time to tour the castle area. We walked up the steep Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 16, 2014
- Stormy Day in PragueIt was forecast to rain so we wore our rain jackets. It was cool, about 65F so we all wore our warm clothes.
The 1st stop with the Music Museum, Narodni Museum.
http://www.praguewelcome.cz/srv/www/en/objects/detail.x;jsessionid=BDE23680CCCBA045EDD8C Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 15, 2014
- And It's Off to PragueAnd we were off to Prague, a 2-1/2 hour drive.
We could not drive our car into Czech, something about a problem with the insurance. We planned to ride the train but at the last minute Dieter got the days off Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 14, 2014
- Pre-planning for IndiaSaturday, July 5, 2014
We get a call from a friend of my wife. She remembers my wife saying "if you ever go back to India, we'd love to go with you". So roll the clock forward eight Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Jul 13, 2014
- Touring Regensburg in the RainWe planned to net up with Dieter, repack, and then head out for Prague. Dieter emailed and asked if we might meet in Regensburg instead at 2pm. I’d wanted Dale to see Regensburg so this would be perfect. What Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2014
- LondonI started this beautiful day in the Jubilee gardens where I saw the London Eye, as well as the Houses of Parliament and the hidden Big Ben.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690781/IMG Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 7, 2014
- LondonI had to wake up early today because my friend had to go to work. I took the train from Hither Green station heading to Charring Cross, then I changed the train to arrive to St. Pancras station. Across the Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 4, 2014
- Frankfurt - Estonia
The [[http://www.eurica.nl/|EURICA]] programme is open to students at certain universities in Europe and America (mostly South America). As Germany is excluded from this programme I was Posted by nerikimmera in Diving into the World | Jul 12, 2014
- Bordering a WarzoneWhile the Kurdish armed forces – the Peshmenga – had placed themselves firmly between my destinations and the unruly, Islamist-controlled territory of northern Arab Iraq I was not completely spared the daily life of conflict – neither in my surroundings Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jul 5, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- Safety is in Community, Not in FearThe below was written, and then life changed - as it always does, though arguably more rapidly and dramatically here it feels. A bit of an EDIT therefore (and I've edited the below slightly as well)....I’m still here, in Tanzania, Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Jul 10, 2014
- BudapestAfter a long month away from home working in the Falklands and also missing my girlfriend's birthday down there made me think about a well deserved break. On my daily 10-15 minute chat per day with her, I mentioned about Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- Traveling Day 1 Dallas-Doha, QatarAs we relax in the cool AC at the Coral Hotel in Doha, Qatar, we look back on the past 24 hrs as a whirlwind of culture shock! Travis and I left AR at 11am and drove to Dallas to Posted by TandLTrip in Journey2Africa | Jul 9, 2014
- Dessert 1st then VivaldiGreat thing that today was warm, 80’s, and sunny. We had to check out of our apt by 11 and no one wanted to wake up.
Dale and I walked to the store for bread, pastries and coffee. We got back Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 7, 2014
- The Salzburg FortressBekki was due in today after a day of delays. We thought and hoped she would arrive around 6pm. Since today was Bel’s real birthday we thought that maybe Bekki would arrive in time for dinner. Bekki, was traveling with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- DAY 1: Uncomfortable Flight (July 6, 2014)Greetings from Shanghai!
We spent 14 hours on the direct flight from Toronto to Shanghai on Air Canada.
My flight could be summarized in three simple key words: sleep, malnourishment, and noisy.
I slept for 13 out of the 14 hours—I have Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 6, 2014
- Mozart in SalzburgIt was raining today, pouring at times. It was a good day to visit the indoor museums.
We took the kids to Mozart’s birthplace. That seemed to be a good place to start. This is a small, 1 bedroom house. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- Got dropped off in a seedy suburb and I'm still alive. Today is a massive travel day for me! Had another homemade granola at the Finch & Fork – couldn’t leave without having the greatest breakfast again in the world! Said goodbye to the whole extended family who has invited us Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 5, 2014