Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- THE ISLANDS Throughout my week on the islands life was very different from what I am used too wether it be trees growing in water, hospitality service, types of transport, or a little wind gust putting the power out. I had to Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Mar 1, 2015
- Bali Background So I've realized after my visa nightmare post I've probably made bali sound so horrible. So here is just some background and history on the beautiful island that it is.
Bali is a tiny Hindu island, only about the Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 25, 2015
My time spent in Sanur became a bit less lonesome and disciplined and a bit more social. But It was all worth it. Big Pinapple backpackers was a great place to stay and make connections with friends from all over Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 24, 2015
- VISA NIGHTMARE If you don't want to read all of this, basically;
If anyone is visiting Bali for over a month ever, make sure to plan a quick round trip ticket in the middle to a close destination of your choice or figure Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 24, 2015
- Rock & Roll - Sun & Snow===[center]December & January[/center]===
[center]Three Places. Three Take-A-Ways
1. Canada for Christmas.
Pepe: "How happy are you on a scale of 1-10?"
Me: " A 12" (When my Pepe asked me about RJ) I'd say that accurately sums up that Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Feb 22, 2015
- Happy (Chinese) New YearMelaka - The Venice of Asia but without the prices and not a single pavarotti wannabe gondolier in sight. A relaxing three days and a chance to soak up the atmosphere at the local night market and soak up the Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Feb 22, 2015
- The Reason Behind the Name....Imagine that you just finished a long day at work. You're tired, glad to be off, and have to do it all over again the next day. As you drive home, you try to search in your mind for a Posted by God Within in God Within | Feb 17, 2015
- Thirsty MonkeyOnto the next stop, a new country -Malaysia, a new city - Kuala Lumpur, a new host and a home straight out of grand designs.....and not the kind of one that is still a pile of breeze blocks, architect drawings Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Feb 12, 2015
The first few days in BalinI have been staying in an area called Seminyak. Although very close to the ever forbidden Kuta that everyone tells me to stay away from, Seminyak has been just touristy enough that it's good Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 9, 2015
- Patience I arrived 6 am feb 7th. Shared a cab with a new friend after bartering with the taxi drivers at the airport and got dropped off at my place. I had forever been thinking I arrive February 8th and Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 8, 2015
- Loosing track of time..Well they took my yoga Matt off my backpack when I checked it and asked me to carry it on. So yoga sessions had to be held at all airports.
The flight from Newark to Tokyo was long but I Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 7, 2015
- Bags are packed and I'm ready to go. May I just take a moment to state something obvious?
I just love yoga.
I love the places it brings me too and the people it brings too me.
I am enjoying so much my short in between Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Feb 7, 2015
- Hong Kong Baby!Three planes, two trains, two buses and plenty of airport terminal walking and I'm there.....Hong Kong. Now going by the title of the blog you might have expected a different first location...two points 1. You would be right, this was Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Feb 7, 2015
- Setting OutHi I'm Julie! I'm an advertising exec from Brisbane and Kiwi expat, and I'm currently exploring the top end of Australia with the help of my trusty campervan 'Duncan' (don't ask). I've been on the road for about a week Posted by JulieSm in Heading to the Kimberley | Feb 5, 2015
- An exciting prospect - the starting line has been drawnJust realised it is only 11 weeks or so until our travel adventure begins. In reality its already here. Deborah is leading the charge on the planning front. With every turn of a page in the travel books and Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Jan 30, 2015
- Goodbye Florida
I've come to love Florida more than I ever thought I would.
I used to think florida was "flat" in every sense of the word. Boring, no waves, no mountains, Flat was Florida 'word'. I was spoiled by lots of time Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Jan 28, 2015
- Delray and DeerField Beach
"There's nothing like returning to a place unchanged and realizing it is you yourself that has changed."
Although I had been to Delray and Deerfield before in 2013, there is always something new to experience especially when with new people.
It's Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Jan 28, 2015
- Never Rush A Good ThingThere is one thing that is guaranteed: If you are doing your job just for the money you won't be lying on your deathbed wishing you'd spent more time in the office. So many people spend their lives waking at Posted by zwillenberg in Around The World In 80 Years | Jan 20, 2015
- Six monthsTravel is more than an arbitrary change of scenery, its more than just going from here to there.
It is an experience; an adventure.
What is adventure, then?
Once I read Georg Simmel defining it as an experience so outside the normal routine, Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Jan 18, 2015
- First Blog EntryWell Hello Internet Humans.
I have always had the thought of starting a blog in the back of my mind. But thought that my travels weren’t ‘cool’ enough or my information wasn’t 'wise' enough. Today I have decided to start Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Jan 8, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterThe east coast of the US had a terrible winter in 2014. Freezing cold, lots of small snow storms. In other word, not fun. So this past summer, I decided to get away for the month of Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 8, 2015
- Road Trip through Middle Earth==South Island==
===Day 1 - Kaikoura===
Kaikoura sunrise & wild dolphin swim
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/10809012_1.._54524922_n.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506 Posted by Cindy_bb in New Zealand | Jan 1, 2015
- Let's all make a change in 2015It's getting harder and harder to see the bigger picture of what is important in life.
As a race of people we are constantly being bombarded with advertising and marketing campaigns from the moment we wake up until the time Posted by rj2v in D.Y.O.T | Dec 29, 2014
- 10 travel moments that made me go hmmmI travel to see things with my own eyes. To know what it feels like to take in a view or look at some place truly special, connect with it, and add it to my memories forever. These moments are Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Dec 19, 2014
(Look how Portland I am.)
Aside from large-framed glasses and apathetic attitudes, Portland has some really beautiful surrounding nature. I met up with my friend from college, Greg. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014