Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- I walked behind a waterfall I can feel billions of mist particles crashing on my skin as I enter the proximity of the force. My bare feet walk on the moss-covered rocky surface. Holding on to the attached ropes Posted by stenivan in Wandering Sten | Nov 24, 2015
- China!!! Yikes What Were We Thinking!!
Three years ago I backpacked across Europe for 89 days, with a budget of fifty dollars a day.
Now I am sixty six, my ri Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Sep 18, 2015
- Beijing and The Great Wall of ChinaBEIJING municipality is bordered to the south by Shanxi province and to the north and west by Inner Mongolia.
We started out in Shanghai, went south to Zhangjiajie, west to Chengdu and then north east to Xi'an and the Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Nov 20, 2015
- Xi'an, Shaanxi - Ancient Capital of China, Terracotta ArmyTwo nights in Xi'an, main goal, to see the terra cotta warriors, an amazing archaeological find in 1974. Thousands of six foot tall terra cotta soldiers with intricate detail, each unique, as well as chariots and life size terracotta Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Nov 18, 2015
- Giant's Causeway Coast Photography TourGoing on holiday during the festive season is always very exciting. After all, you get to leave the stresses of daily life behind to enjoy a much-needed break and some precious quality time with the family. Unfortunately, [[http://www.sooperarticles.com/t Posted by warrenbuffett in Holiday Season Travelling Mistakes | Nov 16, 2015
- Yichang, Hubei[center][/center]
YICHANG is the gateway to the Three Gorges. The Three Gorges Dam, completed in 2012, is the largest hydro power plant I Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Nov 14, 2015
- Zhangjiajie and Mount Tianman, ChinaWe moved from the town of Wulingyuan to the city of Zhangiajie on 28 September. We took the little bus from the clock tower, cost is ten yuan and the distance is about 35 km.
The driver Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Oct 30, 2015
- Welcome to my World Race Journey! Thank you for visiting! I hope you enjoy exploring my blog and joining me as I get ready to set out on this awesome, amazing journey that is the World Race!
The World Race is an 11 month mission trip to Posted by jensilverman in Jen's World Race Journey | Nov 7, 2015
- Malapascua Island, Cebu lovin'People often ask why I'm so into long journeys and tedious rides when I travel. Well besides the adrenaline rush I get by being on the road and the excitement it brings to my core while imagining what's in store Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Nov 3, 2015
- Easter Island: free day with a walk to the museum We left the alarm off this morning and don’t actually get up until 08:50. We are the last for breakfast, which is a cakey-thing and bananas, ham and cheese. The rolls are much fresher this morning than they have been. Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 3, 2002
- Easter Island: Rano Kau, Orongo Ceremonial Village and rain It rained all through the night and this morning there is a terrible smell in our room. It smells like raw sewage and we report it to the reception on the way out hoping they’ll do something about it while Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 1, 2002
- Step ThreeHey guys,
3 weeks and one day in! Sorry for the late post but we had a lot stuff to do! The most important thing: our little girl is already sitting up and being very comfortable with using her hands! We Posted by Tool Box in The first steps and beyond | Oct 29, 2015
- Faye's arrival/HobbitonSo usually my alarm goes at 6.30am and it is PAINFUL knowing I have to cycle to work. But today I couldn't wait to get up earlier than that!
My lovely friend Faye Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 24, 2015
- Sliced and Diced.[center]
When: 11:30pm. 5 hours before scheduled arrival time to hospital
Where: The streets of Boston, North End.
Who: Three of my nearest and dearest, who took me out, made me laugh and snuggled all over me - Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Oct 19, 2015
- Homeward Bound (The End)
Cheetah - in my eyes the most beautiful of the safari animals
My 2001 East and Southern Africa guide book describes Tanzania as "the most u Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Oct 18, 2015
- 5 must-try Chettinad dishesThe Indian state of Tamil Nadu has a reputation amongst aficionados of Indian cuisine for boasting one of the most celebrated and popular culinary cultures of the sub-continent. The secret of the food that can be found in this region Posted by basant in Travel Food | Oct 16, 2015
- On your next trip, leave Trip Adviser and Google at home. I am such a fuddy-duddy. When it comes to cell phone technology, I am actually worse than my grandma (she has an iPhone idk, while I'm still punching buttons on a broken Nokia). Not only am I out-of-date, but I Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Oct 13, 2015
- Step two[float=right][/float]One week in and I thought it’s time for a few updates!
After a heartwarming and emotional good bye fr Posted by Tool Box in The first steps and beyond | Oct 13, 2015
- Ya Casi Llegamos?Walking out of the doors of the El Dorado airport in Bogota, Colombia, the cool breeze hit my face. First things first, I need to find my long lost uncle who is in a sea of people who are all Posted by kGoWhereNext in Where in the world? | Jun 22, 2012
- Maralal - Naivasha - Nairobi - Brussels - London - Bristol Day eight of our Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwtO2wBRCu0d2dkvjVi5cBEiQAMEIVGZuMmcLMhdap1pD9W6wYIzvP4Z7E6ofRtFxSn5J2rjQaAt7b8P8HAQ|Undiscovered Destinations]].
What a difference a cool room makes! Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 16, 2015
- Kingdom of HeavenTanzania is the largest country in East Africa and contains the highest mountain and largest lake on the continent. For me, Tanzania was also the last country on the way back to my home in Kampala and I felt growing Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Oct 11, 2015
- Day 1 - Casablanca & the BurbsHaving issues with the processor on my tablet & unreliable connections - please visit www.Instagram. com/raincitygirl_travels for notes and photos until further notice. PLEASE subscribe to Kathi's blog in the interim - you'll love her humorous perspecti Posted by RainCityGirl in Morocco 2015 | Oct 9, 2015
- The Sea InsideAs I already mentioned in the last entry, I didn't have the best start in Malawi. Our bus was really delayed, so that I didn't get till Lilongwe until around 8pm and ended up in a very weird hostel, Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Oct 7, 2015
- YVR to YYZ to CMN
WOW. We booked this trip over a year ago - how time flies when you are over 40!
Today I depart Vancouver for Toronto where I will meet Kathi and board a flight destined for Casablanca. We Posted by RainCityGirl in Morocco 2015 | Oct 5, 2015
- Lake TurkanaDay six of our Journey to the Jade Sea with [[http://www.undiscovered-destinations.com/|Undiscovered Destinations]].
The wind certainly kept us awake in the night, rustling through the palms, banging tree branches against each other, sending the wind g Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 14, 2015