Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- China 2014From my log:
Sleep really well in Manarsarovar Hotel for 8 hours from 9pm to 5am, then slumber till 6 when alarm goes off. Bed is quite hard, as are most Chinese beds to be honest, and the duvet is really Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 19, 2014
- China September 2014[float=right][/float]
===Visa for China===
To visit China you may need to apply to the Chinese Embassy for a visa. For British citizens applying from the UK this takes 5 to 10 days by post from the Chinese Embassies in London, Manchester Posted by downroute in Downroute | Oct 16, 2014
- Worldperks pro tipI forgot to mention this little gem. After I booked my ticket through the SkyTeam desk, it didn't automatically show up in my Delta.com information unless I searched using my confirmation number. No big deal, but once I Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 16, 2014
- pre-trip planningWhen I was in primary school I decided I wanted to be a journalist when I grew up, because I loved writing. One day I asked my parents how much it costs to go to university to study journalism. My Posted by elizavdl in UK/Europe 2014 | Oct 16, 2014
- China 2014October 1st is not the best day to go to the train station of a large city in China as it is National Day. But, with booked tickets in hand, we go early to be on the safe side. The Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 16, 2014
- My Own Backyard==The opening blog post is always awkward.== You have to think about who's going to be reading it. Friends? Family? Lover(s)? Strangers? Facebook creepers?
And cater to them all. Too much intro to yourself/your trip and it'll seem funny to Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Oct 14, 2014
- Oristano -- the base for 3 nights After the amazing Agritourisimo luncheon at Morgonongiori earlier today, another meal seemed beyond comprehension, but as we checked into Sinis Vacanze Sa Pedrera , in the rural setting between Oristano & Sinis, we were briefed on times Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 12, 2014
- Vietnamese Cooking... the recipes!I apologise for the wait....!
As promised, here are the recipes and instructions for the food we learned how to make at cafe 43.
Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf
1 tsp smashed ginger
1/2 white onion
1/4 red pepper
bunch spring onions
sm Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Oct 11, 2014
- And so it begins...So we're sitting here enjoying a glass of Indian wine in a beautiful hotel in New Delhi. Needless to say, we've made it here safe and sound. It was a long day of travel, but we'll get a Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 10, 2014
- All the possibilities.... Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- China 2014After leaving our Yangste a River boat we boarded the train in Yichang. 7 hours on a Chinese train in soft seat should not be too bad, seated in a big chair with foot rest and plenty of leg room. Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 6, 2014
- The ListThe Bucket List
1- [s]Visit Chichen Itza before 22122012[/s]
2 Posted by Cindy_bb in The Bucket list | Oct 6, 2014
- And So The Garden Lives On…Without Us[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
We knew back in April that, at some point, we’d be leaving the hard work ahead of us behind us, and so it has Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 3, 2014
- Salisbury & StonehengeI was staying at Bournemouth so I had to travel to see the Stonehenge! I decided to travel by myself so I booked a tour online, packed my bags and was ready for witnessing my dream place! The mini bus Posted by AkshayBhagat in Travel Diaries | Sep 30, 2014
- China 2014Having settled ourselves into our VIP suites on Yangste Gold Boat No. 7, Dick, Cindi and I convene on our cabin balcony and open a bottle of wine to celebrate our good fortune. It had been a stressful check-in, and Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 30, 2014
- Up in the Air=="If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.".==
In the beginning...
Cape Schanck, Victoria, Australia.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by camenbrothers in Up in the Air | Sep 29, 2014
- China Escaping the typhoon we headed South on a bus to the most southerly point of China, this is Sanya on Hainan Island. We travelled down the East coast, the scenery getting more and more tropical the further south we went. Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 29, 2014
- Solomente Insanity, tenacity, a fiery desire for something more. A fervent passion for discovery and dissidence. For everyone these feelings differ in origin, yet they pull us all into the unknown. They propel us and our desire to leave comfort in Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 27, 2014
- Group6_KohJiaWen_Pre-trip reflectionI anticipate visiting banks and Stock Exchange in Taiwan to gain genuine insight of the Taiwan’s finance industry. Through the talks given by the speakers, I hope to learn why the banking industries in Taiwan are not doing as well Posted by Jiawen in Group6_KohJiaWen_Pre-trip reflection | Sep 21, 2014
As I start to write this story of our time in Zhanjiang we end this part of our trip marooned. The wind is whipping the windows and the rain smashes onto the street outside. With sandbags in place, the hotel Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 20, 2014
- Pre-trip Reflection [center][/center]
Taiwan, famous for its night markets, is one country I have been longing to visit. The thought of this study trip intrigues me for s Posted by jayforjoey in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Budapest, Hungary So here is a city that I legitimately had no idea what to expect from. Budapest.
No one I know has been to Hungary. I have heard of the country before of course, but apart from having a name that Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 19, 2014
- Victoria to VancouverDear All
First of all, apologies for the lack of communication.
Now I've finally managed to get some access, albeit not the most stable, I'll forward these as I can.
Internet coverage has been less than desired. The last hotel we were staying Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 19, 2014
- ChinaCindi, Dick New and I flew overnight from Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong and took one bus and one train to the border at Lo Wu. We were checked into the Best Western Felicity Hotel in Shenzen by midday. This Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 15, 2014
- Belgrade, SerbiaMy latest little adventure took place in the capital of Serbia, Belgrade. This is an interesting city. Other towns that I have visited in recent days I have described as ‘charming’ and ‘magical’. I am not sure that is fitting Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 15, 2014