Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- Long Distance Works SometimesThe amazing thing about how I chose to do my road trip, aka mostly by the seat of my pants, is that I can change my mind about where I go, when I go, and how long I stay.
I have Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 4, 2014
- China 2014Toilet facilities in China are terrible at the best of times. There are certainly a lot of them, both in the towns and countryside. So finding a terrible one is relatively easy. But, having found it, you will also find Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Nov 4, 2014
- China 2014One of the problems with China is it doesn't have church bells so you have no reminder that another week has gone by. All the shops stay open on a Sunday as well so each day just passes in a Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Nov 3, 2014
- SeaShore Resort.(Sogod)Hotel/Resort name: SeaShore Resort. Stay no 2
Location: Sogod, Southern Leyte
Booking Year: 2014
Price: from 1.300 PHP
Staff service: Good
Room type: Superior suite
Standard rooms: OK need Posted by Odd-Arne in Hotel and Resort Review | Nov 2, 2014
- Go Hotels TaclobanHotel/Resort name: Go Hotels
Location: Tacloban, Leyte
Booking year: 2014
Stars: *** (3)
Price from: 1.288 PHP
Staff service: Very good in every way
Room type: Single bed.
Standard rooms: rooms are sma Posted by Odd-Arne in Hotel and Resort Review | Nov 2, 2014
- Catalina Hotel and resort (Sogod)Hotel/Resort name: Villa Catalina Manor & Beach Resort
Booking year: 2014
Price from: 850 php
Staff service: OK very helpful and nice
Room type: double bed room
Standard roo Posted by Odd-Arne in Hotel and Resort Review | Nov 2, 2014
- Introducing Asia Hej guys,
Initially I have to say that I'm just happy that I arrived safe in Bangkok.
The 12-hour-travel is really a torture for someone who's absolutely not used to travel within three different time zones in the time of Posted by J.Winschewski in travelizer_experience@theworld. | Oct 31, 2014
- 'Letters From The Amazon' Audio Story Book Episode Six
[float=left][b]“There's something about saying the word 'jungle' which immediately invites the thoughts of danger and intense curiosity: a secret Utopia which only the boldes Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Oct 27, 2014
- I'm Officially Going Nuts..[center]Changing of seasons is a great time to take a step back and do some self reflection. As the landscape around you changes, look at how you have changed and GROWN over the past weeks, months, years. One of the Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Oct 24, 2014
- Trip SummaryWow, where to begin? India was such a fascinating place to visit. It far exceeded my expectations, mostly because I didn't have many expectation when we left. I wanted to see the Taj Mahal and everything else Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 22, 2014
- Day 11 - Going HomeToday will be a long day; mostly waiting around. Our flight doesn't take off until 10:50 this evening.
We wake up, and clean up as we will need to check out by 12:00. We started packing last night, so Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 22, 2014
- Day 10 - DelhiWe are in no hurry, so we slept in a little bit, then cleaned up and went down for a nice breakfast. Beginning to think that there is a competition between the groups to get people to eat. Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 22, 2014
- Day 9 - Goodbyes and New DelhiToday we leave the train, bid farewell to Seema and Prem and Lily and Som, then head back to the JW Marriott.
We woke up early to shower and finish packing. The train was already in the Delhi train station Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 22, 2014
- China 2014From my log:
Catch the train from Lhasa to Chengdu, 48 hours
Sleep in bits but difficult clean breathing due to altitude (it is after all the highest train ride in the world!)
Stop in Golmud in middle of night and a man Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 21, 2014
- A Worldly Addiction Taking over WordpressBonjour
Because I'm not on the road anymore traveling around, I've moved A Worldly Addiction over to Wordpress!
I'm currently at University studying International Studies with Communication and Media and use Posted by missadelaide in A Worldly Addiction | Oct 19, 2014
- China 2014From my log:
Sleep really well in Manarsarovar Hotel for 8 hours from 9pm to 5am, then slumber till 6 when alarm goes off. Bed is quite hard, as are most Chinese beds to be honest, and the duvet is really Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 19, 2014
- China September 2014[float=right][/float]
===Visa for China===
To visit China you may need to apply to the Chinese Embassy for a visa. For British citizens applying from the UK this takes 5 to 10 days by post from the Chinese Embassies in London, Manchester Posted by downroute in Downroute | Oct 16, 2014
- Worldperks pro tipI forgot to mention this little gem. After I booked my ticket through the SkyTeam desk, it didn't automatically show up in my Delta.com information unless I searched using my confirmation number. No big deal, but once I Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 16, 2014
- pre-trip planningWhen I was in primary school I decided I wanted to be a journalist when I grew up, because I loved writing. One day I asked my parents how much it costs to go to university to study journalism. My Posted by elizavdl in UK/Europe 2014 | Oct 16, 2014
- China 2014October 1st is not the best day to go to the train station of a large city in China as it is National Day. But, with booked tickets in hand, we go early to be on the safe side. The Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 16, 2014
- My Own Backyard==The opening blog post is always awkward.== You have to think about who's going to be reading it. Friends? Family? Lover(s)? Strangers? Facebook creepers?
And cater to them all. Too much intro to yourself/your trip and it'll seem funny to Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Oct 14, 2014
- Oristano -- the base for 3 nights After the amazing Agritourisimo luncheon at Morgonongiori earlier today, another meal seemed beyond comprehension, but as we checked into Sinis Vacanze Sa Pedrera , in the rural setting between Oristano & Sinis, we were briefed on times Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 12, 2014
- Vietnamese Cooking... the recipes!I apologise for the wait....!
As promised, here are the recipes and instructions for the food we learned how to make at cafe 43.
Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf
1 tsp smashed ginger
1/2 white onion
1/4 red pepper
bunch spring onions
sm Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Oct 11, 2014
- And so it begins...So we're sitting here enjoying a glass of Indian wine in a beautiful hotel in New Delhi. Needless to say, we've made it here safe and sound. It was a long day of travel, but we'll get a Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 10, 2014
- All the possibilities.... Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014