Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- Bhutan Part 2So Bhutan wasn't all healthcare, hospitals and nursing, we also spent some time sightseeing, exploring and generally having a grand old time.
We did a day trip to Punakha, the old capital, stopping on the way at the Dochula Pass Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Dec 17, 2013
- Music Makes The World Go Round
'==Where Words Fail, Music Speaks== Hans Christian Anderson'
Music is a way of life. It shapes your moods and thoughts, opens your mind and lets your imagination run wild.
Since being abroad, my ipod has been my best friend, provi Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Dec 17, 2013
- Chaya & The Super Food Conundrums[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
It wasn’t until returning to Earth Lodge in 2012 that the term super food meant more to me than a larger portion of Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 16, 2013
- Day 1 - travel timeYesterday was a long day, with three back to back flights. We landed in Bangkok late and had to run to make our flight to Siem Reap, which landed about 7.30pm local time. The Siem Reap international airport is very Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 16, 2013
- The Secret of My Success[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
First, as is the protocol with my new blog theme, let me establish my Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 13, 2013
- Kathmandu - our first 24 hours We all experience first impressions! They usually determine the outcome of a friendship, job interview, the purchase of a home and sometimes an indication of quality travel to a new country. When our plane landed in Kathmandu (KTM) some Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 8, 2013
- How to Deal with The Devil's Snot[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Recently turned 35, Emma and I have become aware of the impending likelihood Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 7, 2013
- Spaces in Time[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
I’m getting older. Not old, but older. Generally, when I’m in a hostel, un Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 4, 2013
- Why should you stay in a hostel?Our first hostel experience was in Paris in 1999. We went on a romantic trip to Paris but as a student I didn’t have a lot to spend. So we decided to stay in a hostel so we could save Posted by GoAroundEurope in Hostels and travelling in Europe | Dec 4, 2013
- Moving Contradictions[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/551459/916F99D72219AC681759B137DDFDC4F1.jpg caption=Visit Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad, home to articles, blogs, and useful travel links from the one and only Mr. Jonathon Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Nov 30, 2013
- Traveller's AnxietyIn exactly one week we will be flying over the pacific and beginning our new adventure!!! Sounds pretty exciting and trust me it is the only thing I think about - ALL the time.
We'll that's not the whole truth…but Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Nov 27, 2013
- The Change of Experience[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Travel is a peculiar thing in that it can have such vastly different implications for different people. In some inst Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Nov 25, 2013
- FYIWe got home a week ago, but unfortunately jet lag hit hard and we're just now almost fully recovered.
Be sure to check back again soon as I'll be continuing to post the second half of the trip including the awesome Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 22, 2013
- Bangkok and Hua HinAfter flying out of Bhutan, we had a couple of nights in Bangkok. Due to the fact that Paro's airport is purely visual and doesn't have a control tower we had to have a grace period before the groups flight Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Nov 21, 2013
- The Adventure Begins, Again[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
On our last night in Antigua, Emma and I ate dinner at Cactus Grill , one of our regular haunts—wicked good burritos Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Nov 21, 2013
- The Ins and Outs of our trip planning to India & NepalAbout 18 months ago Amanda and I were discussing about where we wanted to travel to next. Our last big trip was Thailand,Loas & Cambodia and was mostly where I wanted to go so being fair it was Amanda's Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Nov 18, 2013
- Turkey - Travel agent and guidesTravel Agent
The travel agent for our trip was Karen Fedorko Sefer, owner and President of [[http://www.seasong.com/|Sea Song]]. In the past, I have done extensive res Posted by BeachGlass in Bulging Bags | Nov 18, 2013
- Japan - Day 8 – MatsumotoLeaving [[http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/asia/japan/central-honsh%C5%AB/takayama/|Takayama]], we traveled to [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsumoto,_Nagano|Matsumoto]] via bus. The road was very windy and by the end we were both a little bit c Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 17, 2013
- Paris, France, Part One
So here is my latest entry for my Summer trip to Paris, solo for one week. I stayed at MIJE Faucounnier Hostel in a private room which was very nice, clean and comfortable. Very centrally loca Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Nov 17, 2013
- Paris, France 2013, Part Two
Day Four: Tuesday 6th August 2013:
So this morning I got an earlier start and left the hostel around 8:30am and headed to Gare De L'Est to get the train to Provins, a small, very scenic and picturesque town around 1 Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Nov 17, 2013
- Tea stainsInspiration and motivation is hard to find sometimes, you can't conjure it out of nowhere, yet looking for it is also requires effort which I usually don't have. So as I'm sitting on the airplane on my way back to Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Nov 16, 2013
- Backpacking Toronto to Montreal. First time in Canda[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwFT89wZ90s|Canada Backpacking Video]]
This is my second backpacking adventure to Toronto, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, and Montreal and my long desired first time to Canada.
At first glance, this Canada trip seems like l Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Nov 15, 2013
- Pieces of a puzzle, falling into placeIt will be around a year ago now when I was sitting at my work desk, realising that this was not for me, I could not stand being in that dead old town and dead end job for much longer. Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Nov 13, 2013
- Japan - Day 6 – Shirakawa-go and TakayamaAfter breakfast we headed upstairs to grab our stuff and head out for [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5950.html|Shirakawa-go]] and [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5900.html|Takayama]]. I was surprised though to hear a ringing, Mat from [[http://www.insid Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Nov 13, 2013
- The DAAN FoundationLet’s get serious for a moment, and maybe even a tad sentimental, just for a moment. The rise of that new stage of young adult life, the Gap Year, has been surrounded by a lot of discussion about the values Posted by PhilippaW in Cultural Exchange Programme, India | Sep 3, 2013