Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- The Afghanistan You Don’t See on TVSo, Afghanistan is a backwater of medieval clan leaders fighting to resist any attempt to modernize their country, educate girls or limit their opium growing, while they are blowing up government buildings in Kabul… right?[float=left][img=http://photos.tr Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jul 10, 2013
- Experimental TravelOne of the "bad" things about travel and tourism is that people tend to go always to the same places and do the same things. I speak for myself as I too find it difficult to innovate and escape the Posted by danics in World Away | Jul 12, 2013
- The Big Easy can be kinda rough....This was composed Friday the 5th but just now getting sent so act like it's still Friday when you read it....
SSSSOOOO what did YOU do for the 4th of July? Mine was spent wandering around the City of New Posted by TX_Bizkit in Bizkit USA | Jul 11, 2013
- Prague, Ceska Republika 2013 Part One
So here is my latest entry for my Easter trip to Prague, solo for one week. I stayed at Prague Square Hostel which was very nice, clean and comfortable. Very centrally located, situated one min Posted by KayleighTwyman in Kayleigh's Travel Reports | Jul 11, 2013
- Prague, Ceska Republika 2013 Part TwoDay 5: Wednesday 3rd April 2013:
So yesterday I left the hostel around 9:30am and headed for Namesti Republiky, via Celetna which seems a quite tacky tourist street which is a shame as it is the main street that connects the Posted by KayleighTwyman in Kayleigh's Travel Reports | Jul 11, 2013
- Seattle to Husum Highlands OregonSuitcases overflowing with clothes (though we talk bravely of wearing the same outfits to see how much we really need to pack) we set off at 1100 on our road trip. Thanks to Urban Spoon we end up in Berryfield's Posted by Gapwa in Oregon here we come | Jul 8, 2013
- Hungary[float=left][/float]Today we left Slovenia for Hungary. Although we liked our apartment, we weren't too sad to leave because we were excited to wash o Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 2, 2013
- To Slovenia via Trieste[float=left][/float]Today was yet another travel day and we were all a little sad leaving our house this time. Today we would be crossing over from Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 29, 2013
- From Travel to Tennis: The "GrandPiggies" enjoy a new hobbyAs we know, the three little pigs left their rural North Carolina home last year in pursuit of an adventure abroad. Thus far, they've been living the dream.
During this adventure, they spent the majority of their time in Prague, Czech Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jun 28, 2013
- A Trip Inspired by GenealogyI was lamenting the fact that I would not be at Stonehenge for the Solstice this year as we had planned. As I spoke I was thinking about next summer; the trip to Indonesia, perhaps the trip to Europe we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 27, 2013
- Day 27: Today Was A Rough DayFirstly, I'll confront the obvious issue: I somehow time travelled and missed a few days here and there. I'll fess up and admit the real reason for this, as it's definitely not laziness: I am utterly exhausted from my relaxation Posted by haclabAlysse in See Alysse Travel | Jun 27, 2013
- Day 5-19: Time Flies When Alcohol is CheapHOLY WOW. So, I am a few days away from being in this fabulous country for an entire month! And has it ever been a whirlwind. The first two weeks weren't spent idle, instead we were running around like Energizer Posted by haclabAlysse in See Alysse Travel | Jun 26, 2013
- Day 4/5: South Africa, What's Happenin'I am here, and I am exhausted, but today has been a great day. My flight from Johannesburg to Durban was uneventful, besides almost missing my flight due to insane lineups, and having to pay a lot of extra money Posted by haclabAlysse in See Alysse Travel | Jun 26, 2013
- Settling downI arrived in Boston several hours late, so I changed my ticket for the next [[http://www.amtrakdowneaster.com/|Downeaster]] up to Portland. I met up with another young woman who had followed me off the [[http://www.mbta.com/|T]] while I was transferring s Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jun 25, 2013
- The National Sport is Cow DodgingMy impressions of Georgia may cause quite a stir. There is a State in the USA called Georgia. They will almost certainly think that my comments are about their world and will be unimpressed - little realizing that another Georgia Posted by Wheelspin in A Merry Go Around | Jun 24, 2013
- It's the government's faultYesterday evening I was supposed to depart on the first northbound Northeast Regional Amtrak train of the week at 10pm. But apparently the train was having technical problems and had to go in for repairs right before we got on, Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jun 23, 2013
- Off to the wilds of MaineHello again dear readers!
You may recall that I did a [[http://poetisa16.travellerspoint.com/|blog last summer]] about my stay in Arizona and California, where it met its untimely end at the [[http://bit.ly/z9Ya20|SCBWI conference]].
This year I'm Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jun 22, 2013
- Mountain Biking in Sri LankaThis track definitely wasn’t on the map, and it certainly wasn’t on the Google earth print-out I was using to navigate. I was twenty miles north east of Unawatuna in the south of Sri Lanka and it was starting to Posted by Moonstone Exped in Sri Lanka Adventure Travel | Jun 22, 2013
- To Italy!Today was yet another travel day, but less exciting than some of our previous ones. We were sad to leave our great apartment, but also excited to be heading back to Italy. We were out the door by ten, and Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 21, 2013
- Melissa's Blog
Posted by NSCC Intl in NSCC International | Jun 20, 2013
- From Chicago to Stockholm… For the first time since I have been here I can honestly say that I loooove Chicago, this windy city that is known for its magnificent glass and steel architecture, its wonderful museums, and its fabulous mag mile.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by CCFerguson in Cecily och Joakim | Sep 5, 2010
- What to Wear in Central AsiaIt’s not just because I, as an independent traveller, feel superior to the charter tourist with their spoiled attitude, cluelessness to where they are and the fact that they let themselves be herded around like sheep by a guide. Both Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jun 16, 2013
- Paris July 14-17==Day 1==
The flight to Paris was brutal, not only was it expensive, but it took FOREVER. We left Rio de Janiero on Saturday night, and got to Paris on Monday morning. But unfortunately this is what happens when you Posted by oliviiaaaaaaa in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 6, 2013
- Bolivia - Old Ladies in Top Hats and a Death RoadSan Pedro de Atacama turned out to be a pleasant surprise considering we originally had no intention of going there, we ended up grateful for the border debacle! Armed with new friends, we booked our Salar de Uyuni trip Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | Jun 2, 2013
- Day 1a: Crackers Are Not Cookies==HELLO YYC==
Arriving in Calgary is always an occasion of mixed emotions for me; walking in to the airport inspires such a feeling of excitement, with all the shiny store fronts and good smelling coffee junk, but, then you head out Posted by haclabAlysse in See Alysse Travel | Jun 1, 2013