Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- Pre-planning for IndiaSaturday, July 5, 2014
We get a call from a friend of my wife. She remembers my wife saying "if you ever go back to India, we'd love to go with you". So roll the clock forward eight Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Jul 13, 2014
- Touring Regensburg in the RainWe planned to net up with Dieter, repack, and then head out for Prague. Dieter emailed and asked if we might meet in Regensburg instead at 2pm. I’d wanted Dale to see Regensburg so this would be perfect. What Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2014
- LondonI started this beautiful day in the Jubilee gardens where I saw the London Eye, as well as the Houses of Parliament and the hidden Big Ben.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690781/IMG Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 7, 2014
- LondonI had to wake up early today because my friend had to go to work. I took the train from Hither Green station heading to Charring Cross, then I changed the train to arrive to St. Pancras station. Across the Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 4, 2014
- Frankfurt - Estonia
The [[http://www.eurica.nl/|EURICA]] programme is open to students at certain universities in Europe and America (mostly South America). As Germany is excluded from this programme I was Posted by nerikimmera in Diving into the World | Jul 12, 2014
- Bordering a WarzoneWhile the Kurdish armed forces – the Peshmenga – had placed themselves firmly between my destinations and the unruly, Islamist-controlled territory of northern Arab Iraq I was not completely spared the daily life of conflict – neither in my surroundings Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jul 5, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- Safety is in Community, Not in FearThe below was written, and then life changed - as it always does, though arguably more rapidly and dramatically here it feels. A bit of an EDIT therefore (and I've edited the below slightly as well)....I’m still here, in Tanzania, Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Jul 10, 2014
- BudapestAfter a long month away from home working in the Falklands and also missing my girlfriend's birthday down there made me think about a well deserved break. On my daily 10-15 minute chat per day with her, I mentioned about Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- Traveling Day 1 Dallas-Doha, QatarAs we relax in the cool AC at the Coral Hotel in Doha, Qatar, we look back on the past 24 hrs as a whirlwind of culture shock! Travis and I left AR at 11am and drove to Dallas to Posted by TandLTrip in Journey2Africa | Jul 9, 2014
- Dessert 1st then VivaldiGreat thing that today was warm, 80’s, and sunny. We had to check out of our apt by 11 and no one wanted to wake up.
Dale and I walked to the store for bread, pastries and coffee. We got back Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 7, 2014
- The Salzburg FortressBekki was due in today after a day of delays. We thought and hoped she would arrive around 6pm. Since today was Bel’s real birthday we thought that maybe Bekki would arrive in time for dinner. Bekki, was traveling with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- DAY 1: Uncomfortable Flight (July 6, 2014)Greetings from Shanghai!
We spent 14 hours on the direct flight from Toronto to Shanghai on Air Canada.
My flight could be summarized in three simple key words: sleep, malnourishment, and noisy.
I slept for 13 out of the 14 hours—I have Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 6, 2014
- Mozart in SalzburgIt was raining today, pouring at times. It was a good day to visit the indoor museums.
We took the kids to Mozart’s birthplace. That seemed to be a good place to start. This is a small, 1 bedroom house. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- Got dropped off in a seedy suburb and I'm still alive. Today is a massive travel day for me! Had another homemade granola at the Finch & Fork – couldn’t leave without having the greatest breakfast again in the world! Said goodbye to the whole extended family who has invited us Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 5, 2014
- Made it to SalzburgI’ve lost track of time, half the time I don’t know what date or day of the week it is. Thank goodness for the cell phone.
I’d asked Tobias, our exchange student, if we could spend the night at the last Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 5, 2014
- Strikes and Rain Interupt Travel Off to Munich, first leaving Sunny off at the train station in Nuremburg. This was the beginning of the circus. Sunny was to travel from Nuremburg to Frankfurt to Brussels.
We were told to wait for someone to help us but Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Festivals and RuinsWe had originally planned to go to Munich today but Dieter suggested a new plan to visit a festival in a little town called Ransbach. This festival is a week- long festival to celebrate the church with traditional dances, food Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- The Foreign Experience
This is a picture of an artefact in Suzhou museum
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/687524/90_2014-05-31-15-00-54_photo.jpg caption=2014- Posted by travelxdreams in China Travel Experience | Jul 2, 2014
- Cleaning Up
Our day began with a metro ride to the Parlament. The building is huge with every inch full of detail. There are guards at all the entrences. We walked around the entir Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 2, 2014
- Canoeing in the Franconian SwiterlandA little about Dieter: Dale and I were going to go to the Middle East for a visit with relatives. I had to do last minute shopping at the mall and boys were small; 1, 3 & 4. Clayton would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 1, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part OneHere is my latest slightly delayed post for a two week trip to Poland I did last October/November.
Day 0: (Travel):
So I left my home town of Nottingham on a National Express Coach to Stansted. I left knowing that my suitcase Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part TwoDay 7: Friday 1st November:
So this morning I had a little later start and left around 10:30am and walked down to the Lazienki Park, it was ridiculously cold on this day and so didn't spend too long here but it Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Waterloo, The MonumentThis was a day to reorganize and get ready for the next leg of this trip. Kids slept late, Dale and I sat and drank coffee. Ghislan had already been to the bakery and bought pastries for the kids, rolls Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 29, 2014
- 28th June 2014The way I've been counting down to the big trek abroad is an actual countdown and the one in my little brain.
The actual countdown says I've got 15 days until I'm off to Manchester airport. In two weeks Fay and Posted by emmaabroad in Yorkshire | Jun 28, 2014