Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- On leaving a continent[center][/center]
Six months it was. Six months ago I arrived in Kuala Lumpur for the first time. On that day I knew nothing. Coming ou Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 7, 2014
- Randomness #2Here are a few more random groupings of photos I've taken and haven't gotten around to sharing.
In China - particularly places with climates like my city of Xiamen where it never freezes - you have to look carefully at those Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Apr 1, 2014
- 10 Things I Dug About La Juanita Finca Verde[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Last month, Emma and I took a tiny bus out of Bogota, changed to another tiny bus at a place called La Playa (it was Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Mar 30, 2014
- At long last...Cyprus!
Most people seem to know vaguely that Cyprus is somewhere in the Mediterranean, so I thought I'd include this map. I have been wanting to visit the island for years. History's greatest c Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 29, 2014
- Let me tell you a story [center][/center]
...there was a little girl wanting to go out in the world and discover new places. She found another girl called Elisabeth who wanted just the same and they desided Posted by theabag in "Not all those who wanders are lost" | Mar 23, 2014
- Getting settled and making sense of thingsI just want to give the preamble that my words will absolutely not do any of this true experience justice, but so it is….
It’s Sunday evening now (actually I'm posting this on what is now almost a week later, but Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Mar 22, 2014
- Seven Days of Meditation===I have been blessed===with the opportunity to return to the Mystical Yoga Farm in the beautiful country of Guatemala once again. At 6 am the morning of my flight, fear crept up my stomach and strangled my throat. Regressing back Posted by nicolexplore in nicolexplore | Mar 20, 2014
- The three day thing[center][/center]
It’s been six months since I left Mexico City. Two of those I've been in South East Asia.
As I approached Kuala Lumpur a fourth time, I felt as unready and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 17, 2014
- Confessions Dear Mum and Dad,
Please don't be mad.
Okay I've just WhatsApped you guys anyway but here's a full account of my couch surfing and hitchhiking activities so far:
Couch surfed in Brussels with this really nice guy called Nicolas. That's Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 16, 2014
- Bus musings 2Ireland is an absolutely beautiful place. As we drive through the Irish countryside from Kinsale back to Cork, I can't help but love the green, which even as farmlandish land is already so much wilder and less kept than the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 15, 2014
- Bus musings While Paris itself has a comprehensive metro and train system, the whole of Ireland has been made easy to travel by bus.
There are several operators but the cheapest we found was eireann, because it's not a direct 2 point Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 14, 2014
- Sparky down SouthSparky has been trying to
go on a trip for about a year
He has been reaching out
to his monster friends
to see if they Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Mar 14, 2014
- A New AdventureA new year and a new adventure.
After a year of partying, working, travelling and living over in London and galavanting across Europe, it was time to knuckle down and get stuck into developing my professional self.
For those who don't Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Mar 12, 2014
- The Emboldened Sole TravellerMy confidence just soared exponentially after last week's successful trek up to Wuthering Heights by myself. So, almost on some travel-drug high, I decided to head to Manchester and Liverpool, especially Liverpool because of THE BEATLES.
However, beca Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Mar 1, 2014
- My Relationship with Sleep[center]As far back as I can remember, sleeping never came easy.
I remember tip-toeing the hallway of Nonnie and Pepes sleeping house, the only noise being the clink-clink-clink of the dining room clock. I remember setting up pillows and blanke Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Mar 8, 2014
- Simultaneously getting stoked and freaked at the same time.I know that this is something I want to do, there's no question, but that doesn't stop my idle mind from wondering a series of what if's and in general, questioning the overall intent of this trip, and the length Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Mar 6, 2014
- Moving Right Along NowWe are getting our act together for our Europe trip. Finally!!!
I bought airplane tickets for Dale and our grandson. They will fly out on a Tuesday arriving in Brussels on Wed a.m., the same day that our granddaughter and I Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Mar 6, 2014
- The Traveller's CurseOnce, while traveling, I met a philosopher. He’d been on the road for three years, at a time when I had only been out there for a mere three months. This number interested him for, according to his experience and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 1, 2014
- Colombia: Our First 2 Weeks in a Coconut Shell[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Well, it has been around six years in the making, but Emma and I finally descended to South America, our budget flig Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Feb 28, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Bir haftaya bedel 87.gun Kutsal Vadide gundelik hayatAnd Daglari, Dunyanin en uzun dag dizileri.. Uzunlugu 7000 km civarinda. Guney Amerika kita'sinin Bati Kiyisini Kuzeyden Guney'e kesiyorlar.. Bir ucu Karayiplerde, diger ucu Patagonya'da.... Yaklasik 40 gundur, biz de onlari guneyden kuzeye teker teker ke Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 25, 2014
- Temples, tuk-tuks and friends[center][/center]
If you want to see the whole world, stay no longer than three days at a place. It's not just me says it. I first heard the concept in the Kino’s Journey seri Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 25, 2014
- Common travel fears when going aloneThe prospect of travelling alone is a daunting one. It is our "last resort" when it comes to travel because when all our options of finding a companion to travel with and share the experiences are dried up, our desire Posted by Deanxc220 in Lonely First Step | Feb 24, 2014
- "New York City I'm coming!"The countdown is on. There are only 39 days up until I leave for New York, where I’m gonna stay for three full months.
I’m absolutely excited!
The trip is gonna be the starting shot for this blog about fashion, lifestyle and Posted by agirlsw0rld in agirlsworld | Feb 23, 2014
- Mantra? Life Motto?==Cards. Guns. Paradise. Destiny.==
It all started when I packed my life into two big bags (one of which was entirely my SCUBA & underwater photography equipment) about to head Honduras for one week and then straight to Ecuador for another Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Feb 21, 2014