Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- Top 5 Arts of PackingThe Top 5 Arts of Packing is really simple for example packing a couple of days ahead of time will spare you a great deal of inconvenience amid your voyage. Furthermore, along these lines, you'll have a couple of days Posted by remisame in Travel,Tips, Advice and Hints | Sep 1, 2015
- Quadra IslandAfter breakfast and then a goodbye to Henry and Chrisanna, we had a day of driving, along with a 1-1/2 hour ferry ride over to Victoria Island. We had a reservation at an RV park not far from the ferry Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 31, 2015
- The Journey BeginsAnd so the journey begins; wondering if a move to Canada is in our future.
At home, I’d spent time looking online at properties for sale. Our problem is this: we don’t know where we really would like to settle, will Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 30, 2015
- Old Friends, New FriendsWe’d stopped at the last rest stop in Washington to spend the night thinking that it would be much easier to cross the border into Canada in the morning. There were several reasons, mostly becau Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 28, 2015
- Making Our Way to the BorderEver onward. So we had to be in Seattle for lunch, maybe a late lunch, but lunch nevertheless.
Dale’s cousin suggested that we meet in the parking lot of a mall, a mall that is likely the most deserted mall Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 26, 2015
- Baler, Aurora 102013I started traveling back in 2013 for a reason that a lot of us can relate to, to mend a broken heart. I never thought that being outside, traveling, going to places, meeting new people, trying new things or just Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 25, 2015
- EcoZip - whizzing across Waiheke Island at 60km/hrYEAH! My first blog about New Zealand.
Well, it was about bloody time as I've been here a month now. I've packed so much in I don't even know where the days have gone. I've been on so man Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Aug 25, 2015
- Old Friends, Good WineOne plus of a road trip is being able to stop when and where we want, see friends, make a detour, eat in a restaurant or in the RV, turn around and go back home.
Once I knew that I had Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 23, 2015
- A Little Work, Lots Of PlayWe made San Francisco, the weather was cold next to what we’d come from; 100+ in Bakersfield to high 60’s in S.F.
I made my claim meeting and laid out what would be paid for.
From the claim, we went straight Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 22, 2015
- And It Starts With a BangAnd so we are off once again. And before we even get to our 1st destination we get a call from our granddaughter, from our house. She has found Dale’s wallet, complete with cash and his driver’s license, on the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 20, 2015
- "Walking in a royal ghostery"With River Days two weekends ago I was too busy last week to write a blog entry. Thus I am feverishly chasing Mr. Hatch through England, but it seems as though he will continue to escape us. This entry details Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Aug 19, 2015
- Made In ChinaSo this is what is feels like to be a rock star...long hair, jet lag, another hotel room, all thats missing is the fame, fortune and wild parties, unless you count two bottles of Tsing Tao, a pot of jasmine Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Aug 18, 2015
- Spending the Winter in SydneyIt's been a while since I updated my blog! The last couple of months I have been working in a [[https://www.zomato.com/sydney/ten-buck-alley-darlinghurst|little coffee shop]] in Darlinghurst, Sydney to save up some money for my/our next road trip. The pl Posted by JulieSm in Heading to the Kimberley | Aug 16, 2015
- More TravelsIn the middle of our last trip, we started planning 2 additional trips. Plans have been discussed off and on, but now the trip for next week must be decided upon.
We’d originally planned to leave and be away until the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 14, 2015
- Family Gathering, Part 2On Friday a.m. we woke up to see our sister-in-law Jan. We haven’t seen her since our Downton dinner and were glad to catch up with her. Other relatives arrived on Friday afternoon and those we hadn’t seen for several Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 13, 2015
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” [b][/b]People wrote plenty of different blogs about travelling. Some of them exciting, some are funny, another one are boring and full of unnecessary info. But no matter how they are and what you read, it will never substitute to you Posted by beautyeyes in Notes of Cheerful Pilgrim | Aug 12, 2015
- The last legWe decided a long time ago to spend our last two weeks on the beach. Before we came home, it was time to really unwind. No overnight buses, no dorm rooms and, as good as our time was at [[http://www.newhopecambodia.com/|New Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Aug 11, 2015
- Family Gathering, Part 1After a day at home, we had to leave once again, this time to our son’s house in the Lompoc area. This last part of our vacation was to last thru the week.
Upon the death of Dale’s parents, the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 10, 2015
- Giant Steps, The Horse GalaI’d not planned well and dates were slightly off on the schedule I’d made out. As it turned out we had 2 days free before heading to Petaluma for the Giant Steps Gala Fundraiser.
We went home and washed clothes and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 8, 2015
- Behind the Eurovision CurtainAfter over 5 months on the road in Asia I decided to head back to Europe for a few weeks for three reasons...
1. A friend was having his stag do in Prague, one not to miss
2. I had been planning Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Aug 7, 2015
- A Tough HikeDale, Justin and Lucian were due in by dinner time, no specific time except that they’d be back by evening. In the meantime, I’d promised the other kids to have fun too.
We sat around camp like lumps on a Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 6, 2015
- A Birthday DinnerAfter a day of recovery for Justin and Dale, me doing word games in old newspapers, kids playing at the river, and generally a whole lot of nothing, we ended with a huge fire, marshmallows, smores and more wine.
Justin had Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 4, 2015
- More Kings Canyon AdventuresJustin was only able to obtain a total of 5 permits so the new plan was that he, Dale and Lucian would backpack into Grouse Lake overnight. I would stay with Christine, Cassie, Sequoia and Zaya.
Justin and Dale left Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 3, 2015
- Goodbye Australia[center][/center]
There were tears - more than I expected - as I said goodbye to the place I have called home for the last year.
'Straya has been a real mix of tricks - each location h Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 3, 2015
- And Then There Were BearsWell the longer hike didn’t happen. People slept late, too late, then Justin had to be at the backpack office by 1pm to get permits for the overnight backpack trip. We thought we’d play at the river while we got Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 2, 2015