Blog Entries tagged 'travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'travel'
- The End of a Road TripWe’d originally planned to go from Hovenweep on to Arches, Capital Reef, Monument Valley and then home. We had wanted to visit more parks in Utah then got the idea for these from an article I saw.
[[https://utah.com/itinerary/grand-circle-tour?utm_sour Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Nov 18, 2016
- Port au Prince: Fet Gede / Day of the Dead===Fet Gede===
Today we are setting out to see, experience and photograph the Fet Gede – the reason we made this return journey to Haiti.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 1, 2016
- Hovenweep For A DayHovenweep is part of the Canyon of the Ancients, located at the end of the canyon. The canyon is very narrow at the bottom and not much elevation gain between the bottom and the top. Nevertheless, the Ancient Ones built Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Nov 17, 2016
- Another State, Another RestaurantIf someone doesn’t know us, they’d probably wonder how we have so many favorite restaurants and do we do anything besides eat. We were laughing about this over breakfast and realized that we are only in the southern part of Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Nov 16, 2016
- A Day in New OrleansWe had a long list of to-do’s for today. Eating some gluten free New Orleans food, lunch with a co-worker, shopping, more shopping.
We parked next to the quarter and 1st thought w Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Nov 14, 2016
- On to NOLAI’ve worked in New Orleans on several occasions, living here for 4-6 weeks each time. I’ve also stopped here on my way home from various storms. Each time this change but yet it is the same. And so it is Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Nov 13, 2016
- Montrouis - Port au PrinceToday is very much a non-event, as David is up at 04:00 with an upset tummy. He stays in bed while I go for breakfast, the whole morning, as well as while I enjoy lunch. Only as we are checking Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 31, 2016
- Hitching a Ride – with a PlaneRead [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/76/|Part I]], [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/77/|Part II]], [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/80/|Part III]] and [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/81/|Part IV]] here.
[float=ri Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Nov 11, 2016
- Playing Tourist on Miami BeachTime for a road trip, and while we are at it, drive home.
I finally got released from my work in Florida. The storm didn’t last as long as many but was a good run.
1st stop was Miami. I have Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Nov 10, 2016
- Port au Prince - Montrouis
We have a nice leisurely start this morning before being picked up for the two hour journey to Montrouis and the Moulin sur Mer beach resort.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 29, 2016
- Wind Created HavocWe had our RV parked at the Melbourne Mobile RV, but were parked on the beach. We had to leave that specific site but more about that in another blog. We decided to move back to the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Nov 8, 2016
- Driving through the Jungle Night with no Lights On[[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/76/|Part I]], [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/77/|Part II]] and [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/80/|Part III]] here.
[float=right][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/396327/IMG_5810.jp Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Nov 8, 2016
- London Heathrow - Atlanta - Port au Prince, HaitiNever before have we travelled with so much luggage! Normally when we travel, we park at an off-airport long-term car park and take advantage of their valet parking deal, where we just drive up to the terminal, jump out of Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 28, 2016
- Bristol - London Heathrow
During our visit to Haiti for the [[http://grete-howard.travellerspoint.com/288/|carnival]] in February this year, we were fascinated by our guide Serge's tales of the Haiti's offic Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 27, 2016
- Best time for travel to ArgentinaIn 1816, the United Provinces of the Rio Plata declared their independence from Spain. After Bolivia, Paraguay, and Uruguay went their separate ways, the area that remained became Argentina. The country's population and culture were heavily shaped by immi Posted by thetraveller1 in Best time for Travel | Nov 4, 2016
- Palawan trip2016January 2016 I decided to celebrate my birthday in Puerto princesa ,Palawan. I choose to stay in AZIZA paradize which is near the airport 10-15 min away from the airport and staff will pick and drop you. 5 min Posted by elvienture in Palawan trip2016 | Oct 31, 2016
- Spending a Night in the JungleIf you haven't read this story from the beginning, go to [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/76/|Part I]] and [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/77/|Part II]] here.
[float=right][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/396327/IMG_5762.jpg Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Oct 30, 2016
- Truffle Farming in La MarcheTruffle Heaven in Ascoli Piceno
It’s the day I have been looking forward to on a trip of many special days, but there is something about the farming of truffles that really excites the senses. The Staffolani family have one of Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | Oct 24, 2016
- It cant be just me right ?Since I have been writing, I’ve been thinking a lot about the past 5 and half years, remembering things that I forgot along the way, like…
I remembered while I was in Colombia last year, somebody found out how long Posted by av9901 in Forever roaming the world | Oct 24, 2016
- Finding a Ride[float=right][/float]Arriving in Ganta [[http://askgudmundsen.travellerspoint.com/76/|on my way to Harper]] I had Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Oct 24, 2016
- Japan Day 9 – Travel to Tsumago via MagomeThis was one of our favorite days. We took the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6078.html|Magome-Tsumago trail]] (a well maintained section of the Nakasendo post trail).
After forwarding our luggage to Kyoto using the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e22 Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Family Time - Part Two==I've moved! ==
You can continue reading my letters following the link below!
See you there ;)
[[http://lettersfromcharlotte.travellerspoint.com/32/|Click here to r Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Oct 21, 2016
- Maps Lie![float=left][/float]Lynn H. Hough, an American theologian, once said, [i]“Life is a journey, not a d Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Oct 20, 2016
- Unusual laws around the world==You might want to bear in mind these 9 strange laws next time you're travelling to avoid embarrassment, fines, or worse...!!!==
==1. Only a licensed electrician is allowed to change a light bulb even in a private residence in Victoria, Posted by Akshat1995 in Roam Sweet Roam | Oct 29, 2016
- White Man Money[float=right][/float]As a white guy in Africa, skin colour clearly makes me stand out. So does more or Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Oct 17, 2016