Blog Entries tagged 'trees'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'trees'
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 4Before taking an overnight flight back home to Chicago, my dad and I had one last day on the Olympic Peninsula, which we spent on a whale-watching boat tour in the Strait of Juan de Fuca! Apart from the obvious, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 3On Saturday, July 16, birding guide Scott Atkinson gave my dad and I a fantastic full-day birding tour of the north Olympic Peninsula, in search of specific target birds I needed for my life list. Scott turned out to be Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 2On Friday, July 15, my dad and I traveled around the Olympic Peninsula to hike & go birding.
Our morning destination was a drive-up mountain peak on the east side of the Olympics called Mt. Walker, where my target birds were Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Brandenburg GateLeaving Alexanderplatz, we went past the Berlin Dom (Cathedral), that was under restoration. Unfortunately it was pouring at the time, I didn’t have the time to go back later, but my memory says that it was pretty spectacular in 1988 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 1Last weekend, my dad and I traveled to the Olympic Peninsula in northwest Washington state for birding, hiking, and even whale-watching! I will split this trip up day-by-day since I have so many photos. Enjoy!
On Thursday, July 14, we took Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 21, 2016
- Tibet In Exile..!!..Mcloud Ganj (Himachal Pradesh)17th-21st. July...
After an awesome week with Naveen & Neera at Darang Tea Estates and a 45min. drive, with many thanks to Naveen for the lift and farewell lunch at the Dhauladar Hotel in Dharamsala.. I've now been in Bhagsunag, about Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 21, 2016
- "Heading Back Home..!!"5th _ 10th. July.... Plenty of walking & exploring the region in and around the towns of both New & Old Manali on either side of the Beas River..Both sides have their unique differences, with the new being the more Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 12, 2016
- Mbuzi Mawe - Seronera Part II
After leaving the ‘Lion Tree’, we try to find somewhere to stop for our picnic lunch. Malisa’s initial plan is to park down by Lake Magadi, but there is n Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 20, 2016
- Surprise Summer Visitor!Today after hearing it's distinctive piercing, high-pitched call, my mom and I tracked down a surprise Broad-winged Hawk sitting in a tree in our front yard! This is a big surprise because usually these birds are found in the deep Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 9, 2016
- Indiana Dunes State ParkBack to a regular post...yesterday my family and I visited Indiana Dunes State Park. I was hoping to find Cerulean, Prothonotary, and if I was really lucky, maybe my hoped-for life bird Prairie Warbler.
Upon arriving at Trail 2, I immediately Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 5 Brugge – Wandering Around The City (Daytime)I arrived in Bruges and made my way to my hotel. It was in an amazing location and the view was great, but I should have listened to the reviews, as it wasn’t very clean or comfortable. My Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 5 Paris To Brugge – Europe 2013 HolidayToday was a train trip to Brugge / Bruges in Belgium.
I caught the metro to Gare du Nord, then a Thalys train to Brussels Midi (South), then a local train to Brugges.
[center][/cen Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Mbuzi Mawe - Seronera Part I
Another early start in the dark today, complete with luggage as we are moving Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 20, 2016
- The HagueDespite being the judicial capital of the world, The Hague is not actually a dry, boring, legalistic place to be in. It is actually a beautiful city with plenty of things to see and do. Both the Dutch Royal Family Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Jun 25, 2016
- Last bird walk of the season!Today I led the final bird walk of "spring," at Miller Meadows Forest Preserve in Maywood, Illinois. It actually turned out to be the most productive walk at Miller this spring in terms of # of species, 39 in total, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 3 Paris – Notre Dame TowersAfter getting the train from Versailles, I headed to Notre Dame Cathedral and bought my ticket for the tower tours. I had seen many photos of Paris taken from these towers, and I really had to see it for Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Jardins du Château de VersaillesAfter wandering through the Palace buildings, I headed outside into the gardens. As it was winter, unfortunately all the fountains were turned off (it was only 6C / 42F). I loved it anyway!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/04_Vers Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Junior Naturalists' Bird WalkFirst of all, this Monday, June 27 I will be leaving with my choir, the Voice of Chicago, for a week-long tour to HAVANA, CUBA! This will be one of the best experiences of 2016, and it is a groundbreaking Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 21, 2016
- "Brews With Views"20th & 21st June'16:
Proud of their heritage & rich cultural history & with a reputation for good cuisine.!!..That's what you get when you are in the Ribble Valley & that's where I've been hiding out for the last two Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 21, 2016
- South AmericaVISITING BRAZIL
BEFORE I LEFT FOR GUYANA AND BRAZIL , I HAD TO TAKE A VACCINE CALLED ,YELLOW FEVER'? MY SPECIALIST TOLD ME THAT BECAUSE ITS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BEFORE TRAVELLING TO SOUTH AMERICA AND THEY DONT LET ANYONE INO Posted by DrucillaC in Around The World Trip | Jun 12, 2016
- Illinois Beach State Park!Today I birded with birding friend Al Stokie in northern Lake County, Illinois. Although it felt quite hot at times (it topped out at 93 degrees today!), we had a productive day of birding.
After an hour-and-a-half commute on the Metra, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 10, 2016
- Orland GrasslandYesterday I birded Orland Grasslands South near Orland Park in southern Cook County, Illinois. I decided to go because the preserve hosts many quality breeding birds, and it was forecast to be a pleasantly cool day in the upper 60's Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 8, 2016
- 3 days of summer birding!This post is for three awesome days of birding in my first week of summer: Thursday, June 2 - Saturday, June 4.
THURSDAY, JUNE 2:
A pair of rare Hudsonian Godwits, a large species of shorebird, had been reported at a random Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 5, 2016
- Tarangire National Park
I am awake before the alarm goes off this morning, being abruptly dragged out of my slumber by the not-so-distant roar of a lion.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 14, 2016
- Miller Meadows Bird Walk & Columbus ParkToday, I led a bird walk at Miller Meadows Forest Preserve in Maywood, IL and then did a bit of birding in Columbus Park, IL.
Eight birders showed up for the bird walk, which turned out to be quite productive. The Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 31, 2016