Blog Entries tagged 'trees'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'trees'
- Oak Park Migrants & Miller Meadows Bird WalkHooray! I am FINALLY done with school for the year - this extremely hectic sophomore year is over!
We are nearing the end of spring migration; however, there is still a good amount of birds coming through and we are in Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 27, 2016
- Springbrook PrairieToday (Sunday, May 22) I led a private bird walk at Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve in Naperville, Illinois. It was a beautiful day in the lower 70's with completely sunny skies, and the expansive, rolling grassland landscape of the preserve Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 22, 2016
- May 16 - 18: Montrose and More!This is another recap post from this Monday - Wednesday, which were three more great days of birding during pretty much the peak of bird migration through northeast Illinois.
MONDAY, MAY 16:
I was excused from 1st through 3rd period on Monday, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 20, 2016
- May 9 - May 15: Migration Madness!I am a bit behind in posting due to a crazy schedule, but this is the recap post of what is usually the most productive week of birding of the entire year in northeast Illinois: the second weak of May! Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 17, 2016
- May 4 - May 8: Marvelous Migration!!!The last few days have been absolutely fantastic for migrant songbirds and other avian specialties coming through the Oak Park area. This post covers five days, so it will be split up day-by-day like my last post. For anybody reading Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 8, 2016
- April 25 - May 1: Many, Many Birds!Migration has now hit northern Illinois in full swing! I have seen a huge number of birds recently, just haven't had the time to post about them due to the AP psychology exam and other school and musical obligations!
Since this Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 4, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Hôtel des InvalidesOne of stops on the hop-on-hop-off bus was the Hôtel des Invalides. I went twice – once on the first round of the bus, and once again when the bus came back to the area.
The trip went past my Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Up the Eiffel TowerWith the sun up and the sky looking boring, I headed back across the river, and saw the lines for the tower were quite short. I decided I would wait and go up! I got the pass to Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Sunrise Champ de Mars and the Eiffel TowerI’ve never really liked jetlag, but it was a good thing this morning. I was up long before the sun was, so I headed out to watch the sunrise, and I’m so glad I did. This post and Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- A WILD AMAZONIAN ADVENTURE IN THE PAMPAS!Our next step was to head to Rurrenabaque, in the North west of Bolivia, for another long and painful journey. Everyone knows that taking the bus from La Paz to Rurre (as locals call it) is not a good idea Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Apr 29, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Blackburnian Warbler!Today was an awesome day of spring migration! I managed to photograph many migrant birds which can be found very close to home in Oak Park. I LOVE migration because anything can show up anywhere!
Just before leading an Oak Park Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 24, 2016
- Watching Woodcocks!Today, as well as leading the Thatcher Woods bird walk in the morning (see previous post), I attended the Illinois Young Birders' Club field trip to look for American Woodcocks at Air Station Prairie in the evening.
The Metra dropped me Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 23, 2016
- A Week of Migration & 2nd ILYB Thatcher Woods Walk!This week has proved to be an intense week, with everything from an AP psychology final exam to this spring's first real wave of migrants coming through Oak Park. This post also includes a recap of today's young birder walk Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 23, 2016
- Coca Cola Trekking
Kaji had called it Coca Cola trekking referring to my trip to Annapurna Base Camp while we were on our way over the Cho La Pass in Everest region. Obviously some pride there from my mounta Posted by imagesbyandrea in Andrea's Travel Blog | Apr 20, 2016
- GETTING TROPICAL IN BOLIVIAN ORIENTERyan had planned to stay in Sucre for 2 weeks to do some Spanish classes so I decided to follow Anna and Baptiste and keep exploring Bolivia towards the East while Antoine and Yasmine both went to La Paz. I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Apr 20, 2016
- Thatcher Woods Bird Walk!On this beautiful April day, Sunday the 17th, I led the first of three Oak Park Kids - Illinois Young Birders' Bird Walks held at Thatcher Woods Forest Preserve this spring. The others will meet at the parking lot west Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 17, 2016
- Week Recap & 1st Oak Park Bird Walk of Spring!This week has been a busy one for me...preparing for a piano exam, studying for the AP psych test...I have to say I can't wait until summer's here when I don't have to worry about school!
On Thursday while waiting for Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 16, 2016
- Spring Oak Park Bird Walks start this Saturday!You are all invited to this spring's seasons of Oak Park Bird Walks ([[https://sites.google.com/site/opbirdwalks/]]), led by yours truly! Reserve a spot by emailing me at: trumpetswan (@) comcast.net
The first walk is on this Saturday and still has sev Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 10, 2016
- COMMON SENSE - Be sure to bring a big bunch with you!Traveling from USA to Panama (and further south into S.Amer) requires a good vehicle and good judgement. The vehicle should be in excellent mechanical condition and go with spare parts, also should be comfortable for you and your passengers to Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 9, 2016
- Camping overland into Central and South AmericaTRAVELING OVERLAND IN A RV!
To us, travel has nothing to do with cruises and vacations. It’s not about staying at fancy hotels or taking a two-week holiday.
Travel is a way of life. It’s how we learn, develop ourselves, educate our Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 8, 2016
- Pan American Highway - Going again in 2017!!I have decided to "get ready" early and do my pre-trip preparation for this great journey thru Mexico, Central America, and South America. I am using a excellent low-milage Ford F250 , 7.3 diesel, long bed pick up with Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 8, 2016
- Morton ArboretumYesterday (Tuesday, March 29), my family and I made a trip out to the Morton Arboretum in nearby DuPage County. First, we headed to the Lake Marmo and Hemlock/Spruce Hill area on the west side where the birding was pretty Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 30, 2016
- ToowoombaWe arrived in Toowomba on 23 March. The plan was to stay off the main road over the Easter long weekend and just take it easy. This is a major city with total population of 162 000 (including the regional Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 29, 2016
- Sri LankaFor a country so small, Sri Lanka comes with lot of surprises. After give a lot of thought to where to travel next, me and D chose Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka recently recovered from civil war 2009 and is Posted by Swapnil91 in Sri Lanka | Mar 22, 2016
- Esk to ToowoombaWe were planning to do free camping in Kilcoy but there were lots of flying foxes. So we decided to go on towards Esk. We ended up in town because the 35 degrees made the swimming pool at the park Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 21, 2016