Blog Entries tagged 'trees'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'trees'
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – OverviewThis was my first full day of the tour. We ha a great day and saw some fantastic scenery. We went to:
• Tranz-Alpine Railway
• West Coast
• Franz Josef Glacier
[center][img= Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Arthur's Pas==Otira Highway==
We all piled back into the bus made our way to Hokitika.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – OverviewThis was my last full day wandering around before the tour started. I made the most of it by going to:
• Punting on the Avon
• Rebuild Tour
• Christchurch Gondola
• Wandering Worcester Boulevard
Once I was back at the hotel, I went to the dinner Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 3 – Gondola RideThe day before I had bought a gondola ticket as part of the Punting & Tram tickets. I also purchased shuttle bus tickets so that I could get there quickly. The shuttle bus left from the front of the Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 2 – Rebuild Tour==Rebuild Tour==
Before I left home, I booked a ticket on the Rebuild Tour, as I wanted to get a local's insight into how things had changed and to see the major sites that had been rebuilt since the earthquakes.
I had Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- A Day in the DesertWe were up at 6.00 to collect our breakfast packs, leaving by 6.20 to drive the 45km over bumpy roads and through the mist to reach the Sesriem Gate by 7.05, where we watched the sun come up over the Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 24, 2016
- Butuceni - Capriana - Hincu - ChișinăuThe restaurant looks completely different this morning without the wedding party, decorations and DJ equipment.
For breakfast we are on the same table as a group of el Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 3, 2016
- And no you can't see it from outer space (China)Beijing in 1989 was in a small way the inspiration behind taking this trip. Not so much because of the student uprising that took place and the subsequent events that unfolded in and around Tiananmen Square at the time but Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Sep 14, 2016
- 3658 Miles Apart || My first days in Nova Scotia!Hi, I'm Giulia and I'm 3658 miles apart!
I'm 16 years old and I'm from Italy. I actually live an hour away from Venice.
On August 27th I arrived to Canada. I was very excited and I still am. My flight was Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Sep 10, 2016
- LAST STOP: FROM THE COFFEE REGION TO THE COLOMBIAN CAPITALSALENTO
After our time in Cali, Zoya and I caught a bus to Pereira and changed to get to Salento, in the Zona Cafetera (the coffee region), a sleepy little town with pretty colourful houses. Did you know that Colombia is Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Aug 11, 2016
- Obihiro ButadonThe Obihiro butadon is a famous local dish in the region of Tokachi in Hokkaido. Every butadon in the nation of Japan looks up to the butadon in Obihiro because that's where it was originated from. In this Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 10, 2016
- 2016 KickOff in Bicolandia!Why 2016 KickOff you ask? Let me explain! :D This blog entry, I have written this after the trip and has been sitting in my document folder for quite a while now. I completely forgot about it and I'm sorry Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 7, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 4Before taking an overnight flight back home to Chicago, my dad and I had one last day on the Olympic Peninsula, which we spent on a whale-watching boat tour in the Strait of Juan de Fuca! Apart from the obvious, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 3On Saturday, July 16, birding guide Scott Atkinson gave my dad and I a fantastic full-day birding tour of the north Olympic Peninsula, in search of specific target birds I needed for my life list. Scott turned out to be Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 2On Friday, July 15, my dad and I traveled around the Olympic Peninsula to hike & go birding.
Our morning destination was a drive-up mountain peak on the east side of the Olympics called Mt. Walker, where my target birds were Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Brandenburg GateLeaving Alexanderplatz, we went past the Berlin Dom (Cathedral), that was under restoration. Unfortunately it was pouring at the time, I didn’t have the time to go back later, but my memory says that it was pretty spectacular in 1988 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 1Last weekend, my dad and I traveled to the Olympic Peninsula in northwest Washington state for birding, hiking, and even whale-watching! I will split this trip up day-by-day since I have so many photos. Enjoy!
On Thursday, July 14, we took Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 21, 2016
- Tibet In Exile..!!..Mcloud Ganj (Himachal Pradesh)17th-21st. July...
After an awesome week with Naveen & Neera at Darang Tea Estates and a 45min. drive, with many thanks to Naveen for the lift and farewell lunch at the Dhauladar Hotel in Dharamsala.. I've now been in Bhagsunag, about Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 21, 2016
- "Heading Back Home..!!"5th _ 10th. July.... Plenty of walking & exploring the region in and around the towns of both New & Old Manali on either side of the Beas River..Both sides have their unique differences, with the new being the more Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 12, 2016
- Mbuzi Mawe - Seronera Part II
After leaving the ‘Lion Tree’, we try to find somewhere to stop for our picnic lunch. Malisa’s initial plan is to park down by Lake Magadi, but there is n Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 20, 2016
- Surprise Summer Visitor!Today after hearing it's distinctive piercing, high-pitched call, my mom and I tracked down a surprise Broad-winged Hawk sitting in a tree in our front yard! This is a big surprise because usually these birds are found in the deep Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 9, 2016
- Indiana Dunes State ParkBack to a regular post...yesterday my family and I visited Indiana Dunes State Park. I was hoping to find Cerulean, Prothonotary, and if I was really lucky, maybe my hoped-for life bird Prairie Warbler.
Upon arriving at Trail 2, I immediately Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 5 Brugge – Wandering Around The City (Daytime)I arrived in Bruges and made my way to my hotel. It was in an amazing location and the view was great, but I should have listened to the reviews, as it wasn’t very clean or comfortable. My Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 5 Paris To Brugge – Europe 2013 HolidayToday was a train trip to Brugge / Bruges in Belgium.
I caught the metro to Gare du Nord, then a Thalys train to Brussels Midi (South), then a local train to Brugges.
[center][/cen Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Mbuzi Mawe - Seronera Part I
Another early start in the dark today, complete with luggage as we are moving Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | May 20, 2016