Blog Entries tagged 'trees'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'trees'
- Additional Songs Added to Tropical Waves RadioTake Tropical Waves Radio with you wherever you go. Tune in often as songs are being added and programming is constantly being adjusted. It's a mix of Jimmy Buffett & several other Trop-Rock singers along with Zac Brown Band, Kenny Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Apr 25, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Blackburnian Warbler!Today was an awesome day of spring migration! I managed to photograph many migrant birds which can be found very close to home in Oak Park. I LOVE migration because anything can show up anywhere!
Just before leading an Oak Park Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 24, 2016
- Watching Woodcocks!Today, as well as leading the Thatcher Woods bird walk in the morning (see previous post), I attended the Illinois Young Birders' Club field trip to look for American Woodcocks at Air Station Prairie in the evening.
The Metra dropped me Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 23, 2016
- A Week of Migration & 2nd ILYB Thatcher Woods Walk!This week has proved to be an intense week, with everything from an AP psychology final exam to this spring's first real wave of migrants coming through Oak Park. This post also includes a recap of today's young birder walk Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 23, 2016
- Coca Cola Trekking
Kaji had called it Coca Cola trekking referring to my trip to Annapurna Base Camp while we were on our way over the Cho La Pass in Everest region. Obviously some pride there from my mounta Posted by imagesbyandrea in Andrea's Travel Blog | Apr 20, 2016
- GETTING TROPICAL IN BOLIVIAN ORIENTERyan had planned to stay in Sucre for 2 weeks to do some Spanish classes so I decided to follow Anna and Baptiste and keep exploring Bolivia towards the East while Antoine and Yasmine both went to La Paz. I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Apr 20, 2016
- Thatcher Woods Bird Walk!On this beautiful April day, Sunday the 17th, I led the first of three Oak Park Kids - Illinois Young Birders' Bird Walks held at Thatcher Woods Forest Preserve this spring. The others will meet at the parking lot west Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 17, 2016
- Week Recap & 1st Oak Park Bird Walk of Spring!This week has been a busy one for me...preparing for a piano exam, studying for the AP psych test...I have to say I can't wait until summer's here when I don't have to worry about school!
On Thursday while waiting for Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 16, 2016
- Spring Oak Park Bird Walks start this Saturday!You are all invited to this spring's seasons of Oak Park Bird Walks ([[https://sites.google.com/site/opbirdwalks/]]), led by yours truly! Reserve a spot by emailing me at: trumpetswan (@) comcast.net
The first walk is on this Saturday and still has sev Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 10, 2016
- COMMON SENSE - Be sure to bring a big bunch with you!Traveling from USA to Panama (and further south into S.Amer) requires a good vehicle and good judgement. The vehicle should be in excellent mechanical condition and go with spare parts, also should be comfortable for you and your passengers to Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 9, 2016
- Camping overland into Central and South AmericaTRAVELING OVERLAND IN A RV!
To us, travel has nothing to do with cruises and vacations. It’s not about staying at fancy hotels or taking a two-week holiday.
Travel is a way of life. It’s how we learn, develop ourselves, educate our Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 8, 2016
- Pan American Highway - Going again in 2017!!I have decided to "get ready" early and do my pre-trip preparation for this great journey thru Mexico, Central America, and South America. I am using a excellent low-milage Ford F250 , 7.3 diesel, long bed pick up with Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 8, 2016
- Morton ArboretumYesterday (Tuesday, March 29), my family and I made a trip out to the Morton Arboretum in nearby DuPage County. First, we headed to the Lake Marmo and Hemlock/Spruce Hill area on the west side where the birding was pretty Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 30, 2016
- ToowoombaWe arrived in Toowomba on 23 March. The plan was to stay off the main road over the Easter long weekend and just take it easy. This is a major city with total population of 162 000 (including the regional Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 29, 2016
- Sri LankaFor a country so small, Sri Lanka comes with lot of surprises. After give a lot of thought to where to travel next, me and D chose Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka recently recovered from civil war 2009 and is Posted by Swapnil91 in Sri Lanka | Mar 22, 2016
- Esk to ToowoombaWe were planning to do free camping in Kilcoy but there were lots of flying foxes. So we decided to go on towards Esk. We ended up in town because the 35 degrees made the swimming pool at the park Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 21, 2016
- Mapleton to EskWe spent 5 days in Mapleton exploring the surrounding area. The mountains and walks, and forests, and views are truly spectacular! Everything people have told you about Montville and this area is true. We did the circular drive (Kennilworth, Witta, Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Mar 19, 2016
- February Pictures[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Arexiu in Alex's Travel Journal | Mar 14, 2016
- Long weekend on the NSW Mid North CoastI have a friend who lives on the Mid North Coast of NSW near Forster, and she invited me to stay over the weekend and go to a concert in Forster on Sunday night.
I drove up on Thursday and back Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 5, 2016
- The Birthday (That Never Was)“I don’t need a weepy goodbye”, he said, looking fixedly at me.
He took the last drag of the cigarette, threw it with a flick of his fingers and continued, “Goodbyes should be on a happy note…”; took a deep Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Feb 29, 2016
- Thailand - Koh Mak[center]Our small mini bus left Bangkok at 8am on Friday 22nd January. We were cramped inside for a 5 & 1/2 hour journey with a young couple who were constantly taking selfies - a picture of the inside of a Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Feb 24, 2016
- RIO DE JANEIRO, CIDADE MARAVILHOSASorry for the wait it's been a crazy last couple of weeks... here is my long overdue post about Rio!
You can't fully appreciate why Brazilians call Rio the "wonderful city" until you've actually been there. Its setting is incredible - Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 19, 2016
- Geoffrey Bawa's - The Blue Water in Sri Lanka
We planned a short trip of 3 nights and 4 days to Sri Lanka from Dubai, during the Eid break of Sep 2015. This was our first trip with our baby who was then 10 Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Dec 30, 2015
- The most beautiful place on earth?I had to take a boat from the main city Yamoussoukro all the way to Taï the country's biggest national park. It was quite a journey going on a speedboat all the way there, it made me feel alive. When Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Dec 3, 2015
- Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, a place of worship?Is the 2 hour drive to the cathedral actually worth it? The answer is yes! If you keep reading you will find out more...
First of all if you want to get to the cathedral you have to take Posted by milestheblogger in Is Ivory Coast A Scam? | Nov 29, 2015