Blog Entries tagged 'vancouver'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'vancouver'
- Sapphire PrincessWe woke up to fog and mist as we were well at sea. The fog started about 0345 as we started hearing the mandatory ship's fog horn every three minutes or less (required by COLREGS - International regulations for Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 1, 2013
- Vancouver to Summerland to KelownaThe first 48 hours of our trip have been a whirlwind! Paul and kids, along with our nieces Kassandra and Ariana, went to the Taylor Swift concert in Vancouver with 42,000 other teenage girls (Paul says he was one of Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jun 30, 2013
- Vancouver - Boarding dayWe awoke this morning to bright sun, and warm temperatures - a true chamber of commerce day. The ships in today include the Holland America Zuiderdam and our own Sapphire Princess - both are heading northbound to Alaska. Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jun 30, 2013
- I like PanoramasThe iPhone takes some pretty good panoramas. The novelty will wear off soon, but for now here are two I took today.
[url=ht Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Apr 22, 2013
- Exploring more of VancouverToday I explored Vancouver; Downtown, Yaletown, False Creek, Granville Island, and Gastown.
These are some of the things I noticed.
* People here seem to really love Paninis, they're everywhere. Also they aren't that cheap $7.99 (for context, amaz Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Apr 22, 2013
- Vancouver eh!I've just finished my first strong American coffee and am feeling pretty good. My direct flight from Auckland went very smoothly, especially because my neighbor booked the middle seat too, which meant I could stretch out and slept for at Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Apr 17, 2013
- Week Thirteen....Vancouver and home!Breaking up the flight from Hong Kong to Ottawa by stopping in Vancouver was an excellent idea! Not only does it allow us to spend some time with Moorea and Eli, but it made the flight bearable....only just over 10 Posted by hermanita in Hong Kong "staycation", winter 2013 | Apr 7, 2013
- Vancouver Island Road Trip - Tofino 03/01/2013
Today after extending our stay at the Whalers Inn Tofino, due to not having locked down any concrete plans going forward and where we were going, we took a spontaneous trip with local company Ocean Outfitters to the well known Posted by TezaTravels in TEZAS TRAVELS - VANCOUVER NOSUN EDITION | Jan 2, 2013
- En Route
So were sitting here at the airport in LA... with our celeb stalking goggles on, but no luck yet! We got an hour and half before we depart for Fiji so we're still hoping!
We're not quite sur Posted by freerangechicks in Free Range Chicks | Nov 15, 2012
- Canada, round 2!For only a few bucks extra, we found out that the return flight we took to South America, did not have to return to the same place, namely Vancouver which you have read about at the start of our adventure. Posted by DebandMatt in Deb and Matt's awesome adventures | Jun 28, 2012
- Trip continuesAfter leaving Costa Rica,the scenery changed completely! I was so stoked going to New York,even though sad to leave the land of Pura Vida... Once again,I got delayed due to the same border and security control at the same airport Posted by ninni.palin in Around the world in 10 months | Jun 27, 2012
- Vancouver: een impressie - deel 2Capilano Suspension Bridge
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Liesbeth1986 in Liesbeth in Canada | Apr 29, 2012
- Vancouver: een impressie - deel 1Lynn Canyon
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/46634 Posted by Liesbeth1986 in Liesbeth in Canada | Apr 29, 2012
- Rocks & IceDay one, walked Vancouver all over. Off to Gastown tonight for dinner and the lights.
Posted by grimbo1 in Rocks & Ice | Jun 3, 2012
- Stanley Park: een oase van groen midden in de stadHéhe, net een paar uurtjes terug in mijn hosteldorm, na de dag te hebben doorgebracht in Stanley Park, een stadspark van meer dan 400 hectare, op een plek die wegens zijn uitstekende ligging ooit de thuishaven was van een aantal Posted by Liesbeth1986 in Liesbeth in Canada | Apr 28, 2012
- Over Vancouver: deel 2 Wat me de afgelopen week is opgevallen:
Overal vindt je openbare toiletten. In parken, patio’s in de kelder van appartementsgebouwen of gewoon op de hoek van de straat. En ze zijn nog schoon ook en mét WC-papier ;-). Erg handig :-)!
[b]Honden Posted by Liesbeth1986 in Liesbeth in Canada | Apr 28, 2012
- Vancouver: liberaal, groen en "Hollywood of the North"Vandaag heb ik zoals reeds aangekondigd deelgenomen aan "Erik's Lynn Canyon Tour".
Met een groepje bestaande uit Duitsers, Zwitsers, een Nederlandse, een Australische en een meisje uit Hong Kong verkenden we onder leiding van Erik, een Deen op zijn 21s Posted by Liesbeth1986 in Liesbeth in Canada | Apr 26, 2012
- Welkom in Canada!05:10
De wekker loopt af. Veel te vroeg. Nog een paar keer snoozen.
Opgestapt op de Amsterdammer. Netjes op tijd. Ik bekijk de aan ons voorbijrazende Nederlandse landschappen en architectuur.
Aankomst op Schiphol. Posted by Liesbeth1986 in Liesbeth in Canada | Apr 26, 2012
- Vagabonds in VancouverThe pace in Vancouver is much slower than Toronto, and it’s got that laid back feel to it whilst still being a city. On arriving at the airport we saw the great display of local totem poles. We catch Skytrain Posted by kelnweps in Something Ventured | Feb 11, 2012
- NanaimoWe have also spent a few days wandering around Nanaimo. Mostly running errands, but we had some time to have lunch on the harbour.
At the [[http://lighthousebistro.ca/|Lighthouse Bis Posted by Kristy_pj in Here and There | Feb 11, 2012
- LadysmithWe have spent a few days puttering around Ladysmith. It's a cute little town with a small town vibe.
We always stop for cinnamon buns at this little bakery. They are such an indulgen Posted by Kristy_pj in Here and There | Feb 10, 2012
- Vancouver IslandMy mom, brothers and I are out on Vancouver Island to visit family. We fly into Comox which is an amazingly beautiful place. Unfortunately, we couldn't really see much with the rain and fog.
Our first stop was [[http://www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/section_park Posted by Kristy_pj in Here and There | Feb 9, 2012
- Vancouver Part 1==January 14, 2012==
First trip to Vancouver!
We started the trip this morning driving from Bellevue, WA up to Vancouver, BC thru the Pacific Highway border crossing. Luckily wait times were very short being the middle of winter an Posted by erincorrine in Exploring My Own Path | Jan 25, 2012
- Our first cold ChristmasI’m not sure what it was about the Christmas build up in Hawaii that got to me. I’ve only ever known Christmas in warm climates and all the strange traditions that entails. Maybe it was the constant TV and Posted by iainph in The Orsum Adventures | Dec 27, 2011
- Vancouver - the big smoke!Have just finished our week in Vancouver. Despite this being our last week in Canada, there has been no let up in the packed itinerary. After our wonderful visit to Whistler, Vancouver turned on its waterworks and the rain Posted by The Robbos in The Robbos Go North America | Nov 1, 2011