Blog Entries tagged 'vienna'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'vienna'
- First two weeks in ViennaWow, so there you go. So far the blog is doing a bit better than my paper journal (in that it has two entries more than none), but my plans to update almost daily have not yet come to fruition. Posted by CeeZeeDeeBP in Spring in Central Europe | Apr 15, 2014
- AustriaOur next train ride took us to Munich in south Germany. If we were going to give awards to the cities we visited, Munich would have received the most underwhelming trophy…. Our hotel was a dive located in the heart Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 9, 2014
- Now or neverI like Vienna from the word go. It's Sunday, sunny, and the city's residents are all out for a stroll. The buildings around me have an elegance and gravity that's not from this century nor even the one before. There Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Dec 30, 2013
- ViennaWhen I was deciding where to go in Europe before leaving NZ I talked to my friend from university Jessie, we had similar ideas so agreed to meet up and travel. We decided on a good central meeting place, Vienna. Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 6, 2013
- Schönbrunn Palace[float=left][/float]Mom and I went out with just the two of us today, as Dad wasn't feeling well and Abby had had enough of trooping around fancy old buildin Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 26, 2013
- Different Faces of Vienna[float=left][/float]It’s getting harder and harder getting all four of us out for an adventure – could we REALLY be getting tired of each other after only Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 21, 2013
- Tursko to ViennaWe drove and drove and drove today, only stopping for food and fuel on our six hour travel day. After lunch at a little roadside restaurant, Mom and Dad gave Abby and I the 45 remaining koruna (just under $2.50 Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 21, 2013
- June 2013VIENNA IN JUNE (2013)
[img=ht Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jun 13, 2013
- Windows, Toilets and CastlesAs I lay jet-lagged and exhaused but wide-awake last night at 1:30am during our first night in Vienna (after finding the kids wide-awake with lights on playing hangman at 1:00am and asking them to PLEASE try and go back to Posted by Forever Liesl in A Few of Our Favorite Things | May 26, 2013
- The Contest and Winning EntryHere's the story of how we won an all-expense paid trip to Salzburg, Austria.
"Tourism Salzburg and Austrian Airlines want one lucky winner to enjoy an all-expenses trip to Salzburg to see the locations where the classic movie THE Posted by Forever Liesl in A Few of Our Favorite Things | May 24, 2013
- Headed eastHello again e'erybody! Time to step back into the time machine for a quick trip through April 'til some excitement at the end! Here we go!
I actually found out, while my parents were here in February and much to Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | May 8, 2013
- Democracy Road - Austria
16 July- Budapest continued....
In the evening Cara and I switched to hotel accommodation (score!) to join the 10day Democracy Road trip operated by Topdeck. We were joining the ‘Disc Posted by KylieClark in Rock Paper Scissors | May 4, 2013
- Quattro Citta, Tre Paesi in Quattro Giorni
It's not a bad life when you can have dinner in Venice, arrive in Vienna for breakfast, have lunch in Bratislava and finish off with dinner in Bergamo. This was how we spent our recent long Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | May 3, 2013
- Christmas in ViennaAfter Bratislava we took the one our train ride to Vienna. It was a beautiful place to be at Christmas time, and a gorgeous city overall. It’s famous for its music and performing arts, so we took advantage of that Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Dec 26, 2012
- Vienna Day 4Took the U-Bahn to the Schonbrunn Palace, the summer residence of the Hapsburgs. It rivals Versailles.
The Gloriet Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 16, 2012
- Vienna Day 3I took the tour of the Vienna Opera House.
Then I walked around the Ringstrasse which is a boulevard around the city's core. Below is a statue of Mozart in the Hofburg Palace Gardens Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 16, 2012
- Vienna Day 2Today I did a self-guided walking tour of Vienna. I saw the famous Sacher Cafe, home of the sachertorte, the Monument Against War and Fascism, and Albertinaplatz. When it started to rain, I ducked into the Kaisergruft, the church with Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 16, 2012
- Vienna Day 1Woke up to a rainy day, and thought it might let up, but after some time I braved the rain and walked with my luggage to the tram and back to the train station for the train to Vienna, only Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 16, 2012
- Vienna by other eyesWe met in Vienna our friends and spent a lovely day together.
Here is Vienna by their eyes - all photos are taken by I. Yacubovich.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/4400/Anna.j Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jul 29, 2012
- Love and warPerhaps I have been travelling for almost a month and have been cut off from the real world (no work, no news, only sightseeing)... I realize that everything I feel and think inside my mind has been amplified, it's like Posted by doleesi in Not everyone who wanders is lost | Sep 27, 2012
- Vienna - fancy place = fancy people (en)I was i little disappointed with Vienna during my short weekend there. As everybody had told us 2 days are good enough to visit and leave the city with no regrets.
It is wrong to say that because it is not Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Sep 17, 2012
- Last days - they are short daysLast days are running fast.
Packing and some meetings, last talks, preparation and stuff.
(We) came to say hello (and thanks!) to Monika and Gerhard. I missed a moment to take their photo in the villa Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Sep 11, 2012
- The place, where trams are sleepingIn the way to [[http://wien.travellerspoint.com/170/|Technical Museum]] (which is great!) we found
the place where trams are sleeping.
[img=http://photos. Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Aug 12, 2012
- Doors and windows - collection of 2012IN VIENNA
This window with a bear is my favorite of Vienna 2012.
It's hard to believe that I Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Sep 14, 2012
- KonstantinToday we met Konstantin, bitten by a wasp, and with his GF Alex.
We knew about Alex for ages, and even staid once in her one-room apartment in the old University building, but never met personally. So, today it finally happen. Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Aug 26, 2012