Blog Entries tagged 'vienna'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'vienna'
- Vienna - Day 13 Wednesday, 11/16It is amazing how much better you sleep when you are not going through noisy locks during the night! Day two in Vienna was very rainy. Vienna is a city of museums, and indoor activity appeared to be Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 16, 2016
- Vienna - Day 12 Tuesday, Located on the Danube River, Vienna is the capital and the largest city in Austria. It is also....wait for it....the first stop where we can visit CHRISTMAS MARKETS!!
The sky was foggy with some light snow when we started our Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 16, 2016
- Chapter 1: Europe. I love running marathons. It's the only sport I can think of where a regular chap, such as myself, can share the same stage with the elite, with the same support. I mean, I'll never play football on the same Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | May 22, 2016
- OmAl was feeling the need
to stretch a little
he invited his friends
to enjoy some yoga.
Most of his friends
enjoyed Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Feb 20, 2015
- Vienna, AustriaTraveling from Brno, Czech Republic to Vienna was a easy train ride. Vienna is an absolutely beautiful city located in western Austria. It has very much a German feel to the city yet with its own unique identity. Compared to Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Nov 3, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - Central Europe (Pre-Intrepid)
My Czech food experience began with lunch at Cestr; A Czech steak house recommended on a Prague food blog (Taste of Prague...check i Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 20, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 3]Hey guys I know its been a while as me and Michelle have been busy on our Intrepid but I have finally managed to gather up some HDR images of our time in Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Vienna.
[b][[https://www.flickr.com/photos/65279968@N07/sets/72157648829 Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 18, 2014
- The Symphony of ViennaSo we are off on another train heading to Budapest before we start our Intrepid Tour through Eastern Europe. This part of our trip should be a little more off the tourist path and include a bit Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 6, 2014
- Vienna, Austria Firstly, and most importantly: my head hurts. A lot…
…. Kids. Alcohol is bad.
I refused however, REFUSED, to let this stop me from enjoying Vienna. Self-inflicted illness is just not a good enough excuse to miss this city. I Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 19, 2014
- Here for the HabsburgsSo! The Habsburgs were a family that pretty much ruled most of Europe for almost 700 years, from the late 13th century until WW1 in the early 20th century. Mostly through strategic alliances (ie marriages), at their greatest point they Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 26, 2014
- Vienna, Gateway to Eastern EuropeVienna, the city that for years has been known as the gateway to Eastern Europe, has also been a tourist destination for those travelling the Bavaria route through Europe and also as the Western most stop for those travelling through Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- A Drive in the Vienna CountrysideA couple of years ago we’d planned to move to Austria for a few months. I had negotiated for a house in the Krems area, an area between Salzburg, Vienna and Prague.
We decided to drive to Krems and just look Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 9, 2014
- Music in ViennaAnother forecast for rain but this time in Vienna, thunderstorms were forecast for night.
First we needed groceries. We saw that a “Bella” supermarket was close to us. Of course we got lost while walking and had to ask directions.
Once Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2014
- Dessert 1st then VivaldiGreat thing that today was warm, 80’s, and sunny. We had to check out of our apt by 11 and no one wanted to wake up.
Dale and I walked to the store for bread, pastries and coffee. We got back Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 7, 2014
- Crowns, Jewels and Royals at Schonbrun PalaceDespite the late night, I had a lot on my agenda today and got a pretty early start. First up was going to the grocery store which was actually open when they said they would be! Great start! Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- Wandering around ViennaWhen I woke up at 4:15am to get to the train station by 4:45, it was almost completely light out. While I’m not as far north as I was in Stockholm, I’m significantly farther east but still in the Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 28, 2014
- Relaxing in Budapest and (attempting) to leave for ViennaWell, today is my last day in Budapest so I wanted to make it count. I got up around 8:30, booked the Hotel Meninger in Vienna for the next 3 days, then hit the grocery store to stock up Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 25, 2014
- 3 Days and CountingSuddenly we look up and the calendar says its the middle of June. Oh my, where has time gone? As we finish the preparations for our European journey, it is time to make the final reservations on airbnb, check all Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 18, 2014
- Expert OrganizingMoving is no fun
there is so much stuff
and once you go through all the stuff
you find more stuff
and stuff behind that
(and don't forget about the stuff!)
in an effort to be helpful
the monsters wanted to
contribute to organizing
the closet Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jun 17, 2014
- Lolly Lolly LollyHow? where? or when?
can be answered with an adverb
that there was a lot
when she Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jun 13, 2014
- Vienna, AustriaVienna has got to be the most beautiful city I’ve ever seen. Stockholm just got knocked off the pedestal. Walking the streets of Vienna, it seems like every corner you turn, you run into another gorgeous building or view. Many Posted by danza in There and back again | May 1, 2014
- First two weeks in ViennaWow, so there you go. So far the blog is doing a bit better than my paper journal (in that it has two entries more than none), but my plans to update almost daily have not yet come to fruition. Posted by CeeZeeDeeBP in Spring in Central Europe | Apr 15, 2014
- AustriaOur next train ride took us to Munich in south Germany. If we were going to give awards to the cities we visited, Munich would have received the most underwhelming trophy…. Our hotel was a dive located in the heart Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 9, 2014
- Now or neverI like Vienna from the word go. It's Sunday, sunny, and the city's residents are all out for a stroll. The buildings around me have an elegance and gravity that's not from this century nor even the one before. There Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Dec 30, 2013
- ViennaWhen I was deciding where to go in Europe before leaving NZ I talked to my friend from university Jessie, we had similar ideas so agreed to meet up and travel. We decided on a good central meeting place, Vienna. Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 6, 2013