Blog Entries tagged 'volunteer'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'volunteer'
- ETHIOPIA HERE I COME......Those of you who know me well will be aware of my long term desire to do volunteer work in Africa. Well, the time has come! Earlier this year I noticed a small ad in a medical magazine asking for Posted by gunny64 in Ethiopia Adventure | Jun 27, 2016
- The Simple Life
[b]“[[http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostID=38293|Happy Healing Home]]: This is a place to learn and experience Lanna-culture, Buddhism and old knowledge that is close to be forgotten…
Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Apr 13, 2016
- Teaching in Thailand
“Volunteers, please come stand here. Introduce yourself to the visitors.” I stand as 60 pairs of eyes turn their gaze my way. My tummy turns and I feel the blood rush to my face. Making Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Mar 24, 2016
Although we’d been warned of the scorching heat that was to greet us in Thailand, especially when arriving from Scottish winter time, we were pleasantly surprised to find that we were no Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Feb 21, 2016
- The Arrival
The sun beats down on us as we lug our bodies down another side street, peering at the signs trying to figure out if the curly squiggles match what we have on the iPhone. Oh bugger. It's running Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Feb 21, 2016
- Welcome to my World Race Journey! Thank you for visiting! I hope you enjoy exploring my blog and joining me as I get ready to set out on this awesome, amazing journey that is the World Race!
The World Race is an 11 month mission trip to Posted by jensilverman in Jen's World Race Journey | Nov 7, 2015
- The Moroccan organisation AVEC is looking for volunteers whoThe Moroccan organisation AVEC is looking for volunteers who like to work in Morocco in July and August 2015. There are several possibilities: teaching (english or french), organising activities for children and painting schools. The organisation provi Posted by avec in Association of voluntary and cultural ex | May 7, 2015
- Bienvenida a la República DominicanaDay 1: Arrival in Jarabacoa.
I sit here in the newly initiated VAW apartment way to excited to sleep. LUC VAW is officially kicking off its first Medical Outreach Trip in the Dominican Republic. (see www.volunteersaroundtheworld.org) After a Posted by kbali in La República Dominicana | Dec 27, 2014
- Volunteer VacationsI recently went on my own version of Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat, Pray, Love".
There was definitely a lot of Eating (border-line gluttony), a little bit of Praying, but more importantly an abundant amount of Loving.
Don’t get excited…I didn’t fall Posted by meeshyme17 in Meeshy's Mochila | Sep 26, 2014
- Poverty? Perceptions through the eyes of the "developed"Where I just was in Tanzania is heaven compared to what I just walked through last night on my way home from an event in East Hastings (The downtown east side) in Vancouver, BC. It is truly a world unto Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Aug 13, 2014
- Helping in small ways in Siem Reap
Cambodia is a place of great wonder and great sadness. Bright green fields of rice stretching across a flat plain, palm and coconut trees dotting the landscape, the occasional Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Jul 25, 2014
- The Street Children of The Philippines
ChildHope Asia Philippines is an international, non-profit , non-political, non-sectarian organization whose principal purpose is to advocate for the cause of street children in the Philippine Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 9, 2014
- WelcomeHello travelers!
My name is Anton Nashev. My age is 23 years old and I am from Republic of Bulgaria. My current location is England, United Kingdom. Here I am working as a volunteer in one organization which is related Posted by tonideportivobg in South America | Mar 13, 2014
- Welcome to CambodiaOur first 24 hours in Siem Reap have been wonderful. We arrived off the plane and met our wonderful host Davy who owns a guesthouse in Siem Reap. The rooms are beautiful, clean and have air-conditioning.. we are pleasantly surprised Posted by sonya13 in A Cambodian Education | Jan 4, 2014
- The Italian Job We were so excited to have found a volunteer job through WWOOF** but minutes before our host was due to pick us up from the local train station, the nerves kicked in. We had no experience caring for animals beyond Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Oct 4, 2013
- Rebuilding Nawlins one floor at a time
Our accidental visit to Puerto Rico freed up a bit of time in the schedule before meeting Ange and Courtney in New Orleans. After a bit of investigation into volunteer opportunities, Hayl Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Sep 6, 2013
- Day 21 - Last Day in Phnom PenhMorning came way too soon. I didn't look as bad as I could have. We stayed up way too late last night but we couldn't help but want to enjoy each other's company. It was the last Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 27, 2013
- Day 11 - Prahos Kbal and areaToday I slept in and didn't go for a walk with the others. A few of us stayed behind. Woke up around 6:30 am and headed to breakfast shortly after brushing my teeth.
We were leaving at 8:00 am Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 20, 2013
- Day 10 - Working in Prahos Kbal - Hitting a WallWent to bed nice and early last night and fell into a not too bad sleep. Somewhat restless and I remember turning from side to side to get comfortable. Woke up just after 3 am with an urgent Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 20, 2013
- Day 9 - Pursat to Prahos Kbal We met for breakfast extra early, 7 am in the dining room of the hotel in Pursat. After having breakfast we went upstairs to get our bags to head back to the village. Anything we didn't need to Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 19, 2013
- Fundraising to go to Cambodia with UNION Before May 1st I was freaking, literally freaking out, but frozen and unable to get my fundraising started. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to raise the money. A careless negative comment here and there from a Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 1, 2013
- Kid Interviews III
===Alex and Leah Interview Each Other About their Experiences at [[http://www.saveelephant.org|The Elephant Nature Park]]
(M Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | May 30, 2013
- Why your school should offer alternative break tripsYour school already offers study abroad and service learning- what can alternative breaks offer that these two programs can't? If you've been following the news, you know that shorter trips to more affordable destinations are the current trend, and Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | May 1, 2013
- What is an alternative break trip? I was surprised at how many “adults” asked me this question on a recent alternative break trip. Only students and staff at schools that have these trips seem to know what they are; the outside world is clueless. And they Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Mar 29, 2013
- Campfires, monkeys and DIY. All in a days work at the safariWednesday has been a very productive day. Chelsea took Danni to feed the giraffes in the morning which was as lovely as always. We cleaned and fed the monkeys and then got to work on our tasks. Adam and Danni Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Mar 29, 2013