Blog Entries tagged 'volunteer'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'volunteer'
- Travels: 4th of August to the 11th of August.4th of August 2010: We pack our bags and start our long journey to Green Turtle Lodge. In total, it takes one taxi and three tro-tro's to get there, even though the distance isn't actually that large. Being the only Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Aug 12, 2010
- Travels: 1st of August to the 4th of August.1st of August: We wake up and after Ben has spoken to a couple of the backpackers, we realise that the boat-trip we were wanting to take on the Volta Region does not seem worth it. Overpriced, extremely touristy and Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Aug 12, 2010
- 29th of July until the 31st of August (by Emilie)We have returned to Glasgow and currently experiencing the “we-want-to-be-back-in-Ghana”- blues. So not surprisingly, all of our 1st day back has been spent with Ghana-related things such as unpacking, washing and filing all of our pictures. Ben has been Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Aug 11, 2010
- Preparation for my first overseas volunteer experiencePreparation for my first overseas volunteer experience Posted by kat.chan in 2010 Nicaragua | Aug 11, 2010
- The end of our adventure...
Just a last quick message from beautiful Ghana. Our traveling has come to an end and therefore, so has our adventure in this wonderful country: we leave on Tuesday the 10th of August, which seems much too soon... Time has Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Aug 8, 2010
- Traveling in Southern GhanaAnd this is the end of my diary entries about Denu... :( From Saturday onwards, we will be traveling around Southern Ghana and saying goodbye to our wonderful host-family. We have had the most wonderful time and the experience has Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 29, 2010
- 26th to 29th the July (by Emilie)26th of July - Unfortunate day at the Construction Site today...
In the morning, Bless joins us to the site and is eager to help us dig some more holes. Her excitement soon fades as she realises what hard work Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 29, 2010
- 21st to the 25th of July (by Emily)Here we are again!
21st of July - We are ready at 6am to leave back to Denu when Simon reveals another problem that the little shabby car faces: the driver's door won't open anymore and chances are great that the Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 29, 2010
- The projectWhen we were coming to Ghana to volunteer, we both knew exactly what we would be doing here.
Emilie would be teaching at the Ebenezer school, and I would be working on a construction site, where an orphanage is being built.
When Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 29, 2010
- Where There is No DoctorHere’s an important lesson for travelers arriving in a foreign country: decline when people ask to help you with your bags. When I went to Ghana in April, I fell prey to this trap and ended up tipping the guy Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 28, 2010
- Sun, Sun, Sun, Here It Comes...
[i][b]Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces.
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here.
Here comes the sun, here comes t Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Jul 27, 2010
- Reflections In A Mirror
==I Should Learn to Shut Up...==
[i]Back in April, I made an apology to everyone involved with the Foundation and it's workings. Littl Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Jul 26, 2010
- 19th and 20th of July (by Emilie)19th of July: Today I finally gather my courage and tell the Headmaster about my issue regarding wasting so much time. I am afraid he will be dissapointed or embarrassed, but he confesses that the reason I have done such Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 22, 2010
- 13th to the 18th of July (by Emilie)13th of July: First day at the Ebenezer school! Bless and Ben both escort me. School starts at 7.30am with what they call 'devotion', which is mainly singing in praise of the Lord. I'm not too sure what to do, Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 22, 2010
- African Alarm ClockToday we were woken up by people singing in the church. This happens almost every day, because the people here in Ghana wake up so early, and it just so happens that we have possibly the largest church in Africa Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 22, 2010
- 8th to the 13th of July (by Emilie)Hello dear subscribers,
I am very sorry to have made you wait such a long time, but squeezing in a trip to the Internet Cafe has proven more difficult than expected as we are so busy enjoying this beautiful country and Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- 10th July (by Ben)On the drive to Denu, Simon took us the long way, to see some of the beautiful scenery Ghana has to offer. Ghana has everything that you could possibly want out of Africa. It has the little villages, where people Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- 9th July (by Ben)Ghanaians wake up early! Emilie woke me up at 6am (she was slightly confused, so I had to explain to her that there was actually a 6 at the beginning of the day, as well as at the end, as Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- 7/8th of July (by Ben)So finally we are here in Ghana!
Getting here was not without its hassle though... We forgot (well, at least I did) that you had to pay a deposit on rental cars, and it's quite a lot, so there were a Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- Nepali Time UpdateSo our attempt to upload blogs and photos in Thamel the other day failed when the power went out. Oh well. The photos were taking forever to upload anyway. So for now, we'll just have text updates and we'll upload Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 19, 2010
- Nepali TimeHello All,
Just a quick update... We are in Nepal, working in a medical clinic in Kathmandu, and loving it. However, the internet here is pretty poor, so it's difficult to update blogs (photos especially). We are hoping to find a Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 16, 2010
- After Patience comes Amazing results! Finally making strides
As many of you may know, I’m not an idle person. I can never sit still, I don’t mind napping but I don’t like it to turn into my routine and I like productivity – especially if I’m on a Posted by WendiBandi in Venturing into Kenya: Wendi's Adventures | Jul 13, 2010
- Spring SpringsHello !
Wow, it feels like ages since I've written a blog. So much has happened! As usual, I'm always super busy and too tired to devote some time to this; I feel like I've been neglecting it recently so Posted by KatieG11 in Katie in Canada! | Jul 9, 2010
- Subjects of Great PassionWhilst working in Sri Lanka I've been staying in a small family run guest house. This has given me the chance to sample the culinary delights of Sri Lankan home cooking, from dosai to hoppers, string hoppers, roti, rice and Posted by skerrigan in Eastern Promise | Jun 29, 2010
- NGO relief and development workWell I’m settling into the rhythm of Sri Lankan life quite nicely now. I must admit it was hard at first, after backpacking around with fellow travelers to getting back into the a working routine. (I thought I had escaped Posted by skerrigan in Eastern Promise | Jun 23, 2010