Blog Entries tagged 'volunteer'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'volunteer'
- A night in OliteIn Olite, we drive through the town wall to the Parador. It is only to unload, as there is no parking in town. This Parador is in the Castle/Church/Bishop’s manor complex built into the city wall.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/281964/P1010682 Posted by lostagain in A big trip | May 22, 2010
- Que Vaya Bien33 more days. 33 more times to awake to beauty of the mountains. 33 more chances to walk into OLR and be surrounded by the paralyzing joy that is the girls. I feel like I’m squinting my Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | May 16, 2010
- Salmonella and ScarfsDays 3 - 6 in Cusco - 11th - 14th May
Today was my first day back at the school after a spell in the health clinic! Myself and another girl Vicky spent three days in a local clinic after Posted by JoannaLucy in Jo's South American adventure | May 15, 2010
- First visit to Pumamarca schoolDay 2 in Cusco, Peru
This morning myself and the other 14 volunteers visited the school in Pumamarca where we will be working for the next month. Pumamarca, meaning area of the Puma; is a small agricultural community located in Posted by JoannaLucy in Jo's South American adventure | May 10, 2010
- Gracias a TiFirst I want to say thank you to all of you who donated! I have reached my goal! I feel a new lease on life here, to not have to have financial worries on my mind, and as Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | May 7, 2010
- PortraitsI think when you travel abroad you lose yourself and find yourself again and again. Right now I’m glad to say that I’m in “the finding” period. And more and more, I’m finding God in the home. Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Apr 28, 2010
- Annapurna Self Sutaining Orphan Home
A typical day can be described as follows. We would usually get up around 6:00 or so and Amma would have tea for us shortly after. It was hard to sleep in as Amma was usually up well before Posted by pmunson in Peter and Meghans Big Trip | Apr 27, 2010
- A Village Home Stay We left Kathmandu early in the morning for the 7 ½ hour bus ride to Pokhara. We were sat in the back of the “AC” bus (AC is Nepali for windows) and as usual we were on the sunny side. Posted by pmunson in Peter and Meghans Big Trip | Apr 26, 2010
- Man eating lions? Welcome to Tsavo..I've neglected this blog long enough, so with a little (a lot, actually), of persuasion from Babs, I've decided to finally 'update' (I think inform is now the right word) you on the final 3 weeks I spent in Kenya Posted by flynck in Kenya blog | Apr 25, 2010
- Third Year in TapiniWell just last week I started my third year in Tapini.
Last year my biggest job for the year was my landscaping project. Over 9 months the students and I took the block of jungle next to the music room and Posted by tonybozz in Tapini, PNG | Feb 8, 2012
- I Wish I Could Give...
==It's Been Awhile==
I feel the need to take this time and apologize to all of you. It's been several weeks since our last Kiva contributions - fo Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Apr 20, 2010
- empowermentMwala district lies in the Eastern province.Its a semi arid region with a a hilly terrain and with about a million residents(as per the 1999) census.Its well endowed with a permanent river, River Athi 1 of the biggest we Posted by missymadam in travel and empower disadvantaged women | Apr 20, 2010
- A Request10 weeks to go. The end is in sight. How did this happen?! I don’t know. One day I’m helping clean out the classrooms and learning how to write lesson plans and then next I’m starting Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Apr 19, 2010
- MEDCAP in AfghanistanFriday and Saturday myself and three pilots went to the Zerco (?) Valley for a MEDCAP mission to help women and children. The village was about 7 minutes from Shindand via helicopter.
We spent a day and a Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Apr 9, 2010
- The first three weeks: part twoHello again
It seems at least 2 people read the first edition, and now apparently i'm obliged to do another one. I've also had a request for photos. I can upload photos to this website, but the bulk uploader Posted by dan226 in daniel farrow is out of the office | Apr 16, 2010
- The Family Cometh!Mom and Alex left Honduras five days ago and already it seems like they never came. It was a strange visit, as I knew it would be. Don’t get me wrong, I was thrilled they were able to Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Apr 11, 2010
- Back to the PastI always felt that children exhausted me terribly. They are always filled with so much excitement and I think that possibly their lively energy can transfer onto me. However, that doesn’t prove true. The experience reminded me of my time Posted by myscope in Three Scoops of China | Mar 26, 2010
- Cleaning the Kilrush CemeteryToday was a really long and tiring day. We left in the morning to clean up the Kilrush famine cemetery that we went to see a while back. When we went the first time there were all kinds of broken Posted by Caitlin39 in Caitlin's Travel Diary | Mar 22, 2010
- 24My birthday was last Tuesday. Y que fantastico, que perfeco!
I woke to a banner outside my door,
With a date for breakfast.....chocolate chip pancakes....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Mar 6, 2010
- IT'S A CELEBRATION!!!!==HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO TRAVELLERSPOINT FOUNDATION!!!!!==
Okay, so I've picked really obnoxious disco music for this one but I happen to like the song. Plus, at this particular moment in time, it fits. We have things to celebrate!
As I write t Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Mar 6, 2010
- Gina, An Indian KittenI worked flat out upon arriving at the sanctuary. Christmas went in a blur and I was fine with that. I threw myself into sorting out the charity. Understanding exactly what Mad Dogs Trust was trying to achieve and how Posted by saraintrep in Sara the Intrepid is in INDIA | Jan 1, 2010
- Mad Dogs - An Indian Animal ShelterIf I had thought that volunteering at an Indian animal shelter was going to be an easy ride, my bubble was soon burst.
After arriving at 6.45am at Penny’s house, meeting the ten animals currently residing there, dumping my stuff and Posted by saraintrep in Sara the Intrepid is in INDIA | Dec 21, 2009
- A monthOkay so it has officially been a month since I arrived in beautiful Canada!
So far I have had three groups of kids. The first two groups were insanely challenging for me. The first, even with three counsellors to about 10 Posted by KatieG11 in Katie in Canada! | Mar 2, 2010
- Domingo TranquiloI have no major updates, just some photos. While life here is sure to be turbulent, my emotions as varying as a basket of fruit, I am happy. I think mainly because I have/am beginning to feel comfortable Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Feb 28, 2010
- Bye bye civilization, hello LIONS!SORRY FOR THE RUSHED ENTRY AND BAD SP!
I'm sitting in Forty Thieves Bar on my FINAL day at Diani Beach, before heading off to Tsavo East National Park tomorrow morning. I'm being serenaded by the awful music playing, which has Posted by flynck in Kenya blog | Feb 23, 2010