Blog Entries tagged 'volunteer'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'volunteer'
- 19th and 20th of July (by Emilie)19th of July: Today I finally gather my courage and tell the Headmaster about my issue regarding wasting so much time. I am afraid he will be dissapointed or embarrassed, but he confesses that the reason I have done such Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 22, 2010
- 13th to the 18th of July (by Emilie)13th of July: First day at the Ebenezer school! Bless and Ben both escort me. School starts at 7.30am with what they call 'devotion', which is mainly singing in praise of the Lord. I'm not too sure what to do, Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 22, 2010
- African Alarm ClockToday we were woken up by people singing in the church. This happens almost every day, because the people here in Ghana wake up so early, and it just so happens that we have possibly the largest church in Africa Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 22, 2010
- 8th to the 13th of July (by Emilie)Hello dear subscribers,
I am very sorry to have made you wait such a long time, but squeezing in a trip to the Internet Cafe has proven more difficult than expected as we are so busy enjoying this beautiful country and Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- 10th July (by Ben)On the drive to Denu, Simon took us the long way, to see some of the beautiful scenery Ghana has to offer. Ghana has everything that you could possibly want out of Africa. It has the little villages, where people Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- 9th July (by Ben)Ghanaians wake up early! Emilie woke me up at 6am (she was slightly confused, so I had to explain to her that there was actually a 6 at the beginning of the day, as well as at the end, as Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- 7/8th of July (by Ben)So finally we are here in Ghana!
Getting here was not without its hassle though... We forgot (well, at least I did) that you had to pay a deposit on rental cars, and it's quite a lot, so there were a Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie's Adventures | Jul 19, 2010
- Nepali Time UpdateSo our attempt to upload blogs and photos in Thamel the other day failed when the power went out. Oh well. The photos were taking forever to upload anyway. So for now, we'll just have text updates and we'll upload Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 19, 2010
- Nepali TimeHello All,
Just a quick update... We are in Nepal, working in a medical clinic in Kathmandu, and loving it. However, the internet here is pretty poor, so it's difficult to update blogs (photos especially). We are hoping to find a Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 16, 2010
- After Patience comes Amazing results! Finally making strides
As many of you may know, I’m not an idle person. I can never sit still, I don’t mind napping but I don’t like it to turn into my routine and I like productivity – especially if I’m on a Posted by WendiBandi in Venturing into Kenya: Wendi's Adventures | Jul 13, 2010
- Spring SpringsHello !
Wow, it feels like ages since I've written a blog. So much has happened! As usual, I'm always super busy and too tired to devote some time to this; I feel like I've been neglecting it recently so Posted by KatieG11 in Katie in Canada! | Jul 9, 2010
- Subjects of Great PassionWhilst working in Sri Lanka I've been staying in a small family run guest house. This has given me the chance to sample the culinary delights of Sri Lankan home cooking, from dosai to hoppers, string hoppers, roti, rice and Posted by skerrigan in Eastern Promise | Jun 29, 2010
- NGO relief and development workWell I’m settling into the rhythm of Sri Lankan life quite nicely now. I must admit it was hard at first, after backpacking around with fellow travelers to getting back into the a working routine. (I thought I had escaped Posted by skerrigan in Eastern Promise | Jun 23, 2010
- Viva el peru glorioso I can not believe how fast time has gone since arriving here in Cusco. I´m sure its mainly down to being so busy and having a lot of fun.
My first week in cusco was nice, staying in the family home Posted by Sampri07 in A North and South American Sandwich | May 30, 2010
- A night in OliteIn Olite, we drive through the town wall to the Parador. It is only to unload, as there is no parking in town. This Parador is in the Castle/Church/Bishop’s manor complex built into the city wall.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/281964/P1010682 Posted by lostagain in A big trip | May 22, 2010
- Que Vaya Bien33 more days. 33 more times to awake to beauty of the mountains. 33 more chances to walk into OLR and be surrounded by the paralyzing joy that is the girls. I feel like I’m squinting my Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | May 16, 2010
- Salmonella and ScarfsDays 3 - 6 in Cusco - 11th - 14th May
Today was my first day back at the school after a spell in the health clinic! Myself and another girl Vicky spent three days in a local clinic after Posted by JoannaLucy in Jo's South American adventure | May 15, 2010
- First visit to Pumamarca schoolDay 2 in Cusco, Peru
This morning myself and the other 14 volunteers visited the school in Pumamarca where we will be working for the next month. Pumamarca, meaning area of the Puma; is a small agricultural community located in Posted by JoannaLucy in Jo's South American adventure | May 10, 2010
- Gracias a TiFirst I want to say thank you to all of you who donated! I have reached my goal! I feel a new lease on life here, to not have to have financial worries on my mind, and as Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | May 7, 2010
- PortraitsI think when you travel abroad you lose yourself and find yourself again and again. Right now I’m glad to say that I’m in “the finding” period. And more and more, I’m finding God in the home. Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Apr 28, 2010
- Annapurna Self Sutaining Orphan Home
A typical day can be described as follows. We would usually get up around 6:00 or so and Amma would have tea for us shortly after. It was hard to sleep in as Amma was usually up well before Posted by pmunson in Peter and Meghans Big Trip | Apr 27, 2010
- A Village Home Stay We left Kathmandu early in the morning for the 7 ½ hour bus ride to Pokhara. We were sat in the back of the “AC” bus (AC is Nepali for windows) and as usual we were on the sunny side. Posted by pmunson in Peter and Meghans Big Trip | Apr 26, 2010
- Man eating lions? Welcome to Tsavo..I've neglected this blog long enough, so with a little (a lot, actually), of persuasion from Babs, I've decided to finally 'update' (I think inform is now the right word) you on the final 3 weeks I spent in Kenya Posted by flynck in Kenya blog | Apr 25, 2010
- Third Year in TapiniWell just last week I started my third year in Tapini.
Last year my biggest job for the year was my landscaping project. Over 9 months the students and I took the block of jungle next to the music room and Posted by tonybozz in Tapini, PNG | Feb 8, 2012
- I Wish I Could Give...
==It's Been Awhile==
I feel the need to take this time and apologize to all of you. It's been several weeks since our last Kiva contributions - fo Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Apr 20, 2010