Blog Entries tagged 'volunteer'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'volunteer'
- Sunny Side Up, Please...
So, I said I would be back and here I am... Though, only for a few brief comments and to show off a bit of math. No, you don't have to do the math. I Posted by Isadora in Our Two Cents Worth... | Jan 6, 2010
- Oh, The Questions Of A Thousand Dreams
==A NEW DAY AND A NEW WAY==
The above photograph was taken in Niger by my brother-in-law back in 1985. He, along Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Dec 31, 2009
- Feliz NavidadSo. Forgive me for not posting recently. I’ve been so consumed with all kinds o feelings, I haven’t felt articulate enough to post anything. But now…..Stateside.
The week before I was supposed to take off might Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Dec 30, 2009
- Utila II. Y una historia....The long overdue pictures from Utila!!!!!
Getting off the boat after puking. Ahhh....the sweet divinity of fresh air.
Me at our hotel on the water
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Dec 10, 2009
- Hey Everyone!So this is the blog that Ive told everyone about, that I'll be updating as much as I possibly can. Notice how i havent said every day! Thats mainly because im not entirely sure what the internet coverage is going Posted by carl.adams in Southeast Asia 09/10 | Dec 2, 2009
- Have You Ever Seen A Hippo?
Yessireebob! That time has come again where I am allowed to pontificate about whatever strikes my fancy. Well, within reaso Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Dec 2, 2009
- Utila. Part I.Utila, Honduras
There is a cluster of islands of the coast of Honduras, known as the Bay Islands. There are four main islands; Roatan (the cash cow or ‘jewel of the islands’ I’ve heard said), Helene, Guanaja, and Utila. Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Nov 28, 2009
- Accion de GraciasSo I have to be quick. It's 10:20 and I'm leaving for Utila tomorrow and have to be up at 3:30! Utila is an island of the coast of Honduras. Brenda, Hannah, Hannah's father (Rick) and I Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Nov 26, 2009
- Is the hokey pokey a mission?
Pamela asked me what our mission on this trip is. Strangely hard to answer for me -- of course, to see the kids, to make sure things on the ground are what they are supposed to be. I got some Posted by CateinTO in Kasese Again | Nov 24, 2009
- Una ManzanaLa hace mi dia.
One of my students gave me an apple today in a yellow grocery bag. I beamed.
When I told them I was going home, they told me I must be really excited to see my family. Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Nov 19, 2009
- good intentions"nude cyclists, come on, you know you want to ride through a corporate dinner with a box on your head to 'who let the dogs out'!"
That's a recent facebook status update from one of my fb acquaintances. It exemplifies Posted by CateinTO in Kasese Again | Nov 13, 2009
- HELP WANTED
I'm sure some of you have been wondering why there haven't been Kiva loans made recently. I'm also sure those of you following this blog will have read the [url=http://foundation.travellerspoint.c Posted by Foundation in Our Two Cents Worth... | Nov 9, 2009
- 4 Glimpses of Life in HondurasOne. –-Words, words, words
Because the rhythm of life is very different in the states I have found that I am able to read books I’ve been putting off or wouldn’t have read otherwise. There is always so much to Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Nov 4, 2009
- OcupadísimosGuatemalan culture is very laid back. At least here in San Juan, the norm is to work from about eight in the morning until about noon and then maybe again after lunch until about two. Very similar to what I Posted by BenjaminE in Turtle and Barracuda | Nov 4, 2009
- La Esperanza, Copan, and AFEWell, I haven't been very good at updating this thing lately...sorry about that! I am currently in Tegucigalpa at the mission guesthouse again. We've been to La Esperanza and Copan since I last wrote. La Esperanza is Posted by SarahMay86 in A Traveller's Tale | Nov 2, 2009
- BelizeWell, I am a little behind on keeping my travels updated. So here we go with what I was up to this summer
I took an internship as an NGO intern with ProBelize. It is a small group located Posted by MJMatson in My Travels | Oct 26, 2009
- HopeI live in fear of being cliché, but I am learning to embrace the fact that just because life is full of clichés and what I’ve done and what you’ve done is cliché doesn’t mean it doesn’t mean something. Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Oct 22, 2009
- SnehalayaI have just arrived back, last night, from a 2 week break in Nepal, to find that two of the children at the orphanage have died since I went away. I am profoundly shocked and deeply saddened at this tragic Posted by tcbcrews in Travels In India | Oct 19, 2009
- More fun at El SembradorSo, yesterday we (Erica, Alyssa, and I) got to go on the 9th grade feild trip! It was a lot of fun. We first went to a mountain on the outside of Catacamas (the town Escuela El Sembrador is Posted by SarahMay86 in A Traveller's Tale | Oct 18, 2009
- El Partido Grande y El Festival FolkloricoHere are the pictures, as promised, from the big game. Courtesy of Hannah. And further down you'll see the celebration we had a school today! (for all the photos go to my photo library, I didn't post them Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Oct 17, 2009
- The Primrose, Pine Nuts and Post-It™ Notes
==WELCOME ONCE AGAIN==
Okay, you caught me. The title of this blog has nothing to do with it's content. But, admit it. You were curious. I can see Posted by Isadora in Our Two Cents Worth... | Oct 16, 2009
- !Hoy Si! !Papa!Honduras has been on the road to the World Cup in Africa in the summer of 2010, which they have not qualified for since 1982.
Friday they played the United States, in San Pedro! Unfortunately we weren't able to get Posted by buscarme in En El Desconocido | Oct 15, 2009
- Post Script - Sponsorship FormHere is the sponsorship form for myself, which I decided to put on here as I'd assumed it would be slightly tidier than on Facebook. There doesn't appear to be a table-making function however so it's just going to work Posted by Tom.Calver in Calvers on the Continent | Oct 10, 2009
- Introduction – Who Blogs?Blogging isn’t for me. Blogging is for:
a) Smart people who know a significant amount about a particular issue and want to share their opinion
b) Funny people with stories that other people read when they should be working
c) Weird people that thin Posted by acermak in Amanda´s Great South American Adventure | Oct 9, 2009
- Still at El Sembrador...Ok, so I know I haven't really been writing on this thing much and it's because there hasn't been much to say. Oh, life here is interesting...but I just don't know what I'd write about.
I've been teaching Posted by SarahMay86 in A Traveller's Tale | Oct 7, 2009