Blog Entries tagged 'washington'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'washington'
- Washington D.C.Warum süß (v.a. im Vergleich zu New York und Philadelphia)? Keine hohen Hochhäuser. Es gibt nämlich ein Gesetz, dass kein Gebäude höher als das Capitol sein darf.
Wir kamen am Samstag in Washington an und dachten, wir erkunden noch ein Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 27, 2016
- National Museum of American History
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758636/IMG_5757.jp Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 12, 2015
- National Museum of Natural History
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758636/IMG_5741.jp Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 12, 2015
- US Capitol inside
Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 11, 2015
- US Capitol outside
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758636/90_IMG Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 11, 2015
- Abraham Lincoln 16. President 1861-1865
Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 11, 2015
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758636/CDADF8340DAFE63D3206455 Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 10, 2015
- White House
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758636/180_IMG_5536.j Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 10, 2015
- Washington D.C.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758636/9BF71EC8FE3669EB8C15761310CB9 Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 9, 2015
- We're Gone from OregonWe leave our host in Oregon around 10:30 and set out for the wilds of Portland. It is official: We are heading east in a very serious manner. Farewell, West Coast. You are arguably the best coast. Seriously, the weather Posted by MiriG in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 28, 2015
- Overnight to Washington, DCDD2 was born in January 2014. We have taken a couple of brief trips since then, but I have not had the chance to get these posts up until now.
Our first trip as a family of four happened last Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 17, 2015
- Unlikely Things to Say on a Holiday...A late start, then a trundle to the station, luggage in tow. Kate is jealous of her parents' rolling luggage. At the station we decide to dump the bags in lockers for the few hours before our departure. Some investigation Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 3, 2014
- Creepy Rabbits and Stepping Into The Third DimensionUp, at em, more museums. Today we tried out the National Art Gallery. We started in the Italian art where we were proud that we were starring to recognize the different styles and artists more without using information signs. Next Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 2, 2014
- Sleepless in SeattleMaking it to the West Coast was actually pretty astonishing. The realization of how far away I'd driven was pretty cool, and being on the opposite coast, pretty much exactly across, was surreal. I was meant to stay with one Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- The Lighthouse at the End of the UniverseMary to the rescue!
No, not THAT Mary. :)
Mary Hutter! I remember my friend Chris mentioned how a friend of his and also a Twin Peaks aficionado moved up to Snoqualmie. Okay, so yesterday I got a phone call from Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Sep 23, 2014
- Flashback: Washington, DC and the blizzard of aught-nineJust a month after our trip to San Diego, we were on the road again. I had to be in DC for work, and my husband and daughter (then 7 months old) came along. For this trip, at least, I Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Aug 14, 2014
- Catching Up: Where We Stayed: Washington, DC/BethesdaBethesda North Marriott
We stayed at this hotel because it was where my husband's work meetings were. It was nice, with the decor and amenities you'd expect of this level of hotel. My daughter and I especially appreciated the complementary fruit-infuse Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 12, 2014
- Catching up: Washington, DCI am still in catch-up mode! This entry covers a trip from July 2013. My husband had to work in DC for a couple of days, so my daughter and I tagged along.
We arrived at our hotel in the mid-afternoon, Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | May 31, 2014
- Washington DC HighlightsIf there's one place to go in the USA to get your fill of history, it's Washington DC. It's bursting at the seams with monuments, cemeteries, memorials, and museums that all have something unique and memorable about them. And as Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | May 23, 2013
- Washington D.C. After another successful Greyhound ride, we arrived in Washington D.C. Coming from NYC, it was refreshing to step into (what felt like) cleaner air and streets, open spaces, and a less hectic energy. It seemed we arrived during a Posted by always_explore in Never lost, always exploring | Sep 11, 2013
- Washington Travel Suggestions==Washington Travel Suggestions==
The city of Seattle is the crown jewel of the state of Washington. If this is a first visit to the state, then it is a must see. But for those who've already seen Seattle, or have the Posted by hamellr in Pacific Northwest Travel | Oct 11, 2013
- Capitol Hill and the White HouseTours of public buildings tend to be free in the USA but often have to be booked up a long time ahead (as I found out to my cost when trying to visit the US Mint in Denver). I was Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 5, 2013
- A taste of the SmithsonianThe Smithsonian Institute is massive; its nucleus of over a dozen large museums lining the top end of the National Mall in Washington is the largest museum complex in the world. It was founded in 1846 using 105 sacks Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 4, 2013
- Mount VernonWhen I said I wanted to visit Washington DC for a few days lots of people recommended that if I should try and do an excursion out to George Washington's country estate and tomb at Mount Vernon while I was Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 4, 2013
- Washington Open Top Bus TourI wanted to see the US Capitol and White House while I was on the US East Coast so shortly before the end of my round the world trip I booked myself into a hotel for a few days in Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 3, 2013