Blog Entries tagged 'writing'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'writing'
- Bill's European Adventure, 2001. Part 6: LjubljanaAug 31
Up out of our wet beds at 6.45 to pack up the miserable, cramped contraption allegedly called a 'tent', and get a bus to Mestre station and the 08.25 train to Ljubljana. To our delight, it's empty, and our Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | May 24, 2014
- World Schooling -- The Messy Truth
==What Did World Schooling Look Like For Our Family?==
I started writing this entry when we were at the start of our travels. I'm glad I didn't publish it because I've just gone back and delete Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Jan 31, 2014
- Oh London
Oh London, what an extravagant mistress you are
Your flirtatious eyes hyptnotise us
We are captivated by your riches
You promise us so much
We wish upon your sparkling lights
And dream under your sky
Oh London but why are you so kind and cruel? Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 23, 2014
- Guatemala in Retrospect[float=left][/float]The last year and a half of living in Guatemala has been an unexpected bonus in my life. Somehow a three-month visit/art project turned into a series of delayed departures Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 18, 2013
- Traveling with Purpose & Panache[center]Visit The NGO List, my new labor of love, built to connect international volunteers and grassroots NGOs from around the world:
[[http://www.thengolist.com| Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 11, 2013
- Writing On The Road Over the past couple of months I have been doing a little freelance writing in between working and travelling for an online website called [[http://Awesome.Canada.com|Awesome.Canada.com]]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/552093/407443C72219AC6817CD Posted by TezaTravels in TEZAS TRAVELS - VANCOUVER NOSUN EDITION | Oct 9, 2013
- The Sixth Grade AmbassadorGreetings...
I have started my next project. Several weeks ago, a friend of mine who teaches sixth grade came to me and told me she wanted to do a project called, "Where in the World is Thom?" I thought it was Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 7, 2013
- The Beginning Bonjour
I am a young girl who has more thoughts, ideas, opinions and feelings than there are golden specks of sand on the shores of the world.
I am fascinated by life and all of its hidden treasures.
I want so much Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Oct 6, 2013
- Shamelessly Seeking Devotion & Love[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
It wasn’t until I started writing semi-professionally that I realized how important it is to have people gush over y Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Sep 27, 2013
- And He Lived Happily Ever After...I'm commiting blogicide (Is that a word?). Though "The Dusty Vagabond" has been a pleasure to produce, I would rather lay it to rest with style then watch it wither away through lack of effort.
It feels right, you know? I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jul 23, 2013
- The Next Twist in the PathFact: I don’t know what to write about today. I could’ve written this sentence every day this week, but this fact didn’t come to me until this morning. Is this what writer’s block is all about? To be sure, I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jul 6, 2013
- Who Am I?
I get around, you know? I'm a professional visitor, a homeless (is that a typo?) romantic, a voyageur of sorts, a guy who wonders what‘s around the next bend. I spend most of my time outside. I' Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jun 21, 2013
- Bleeding all over the PageThese last few months I haven't been the most diligent travel-blogger.
Writing from abroad has always posed a difficult decision - do I live in the moment or do I reflect through writing? These last few months I've chosen to do Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | May 21, 2013
- Interview with freelance travel writer Tim RichardsWe speak to Tim Richards, a Melbourne-based freelance writer. Tim is a contributing Lonely Planet author, and creator of several mobile travel apps including [[http://www.iwriter.com.au/apps/ausbyrail/index.html|Australia by Rail]]. He blogs at [[http://i Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Apr 26, 2013
- Mapping Journey to Your Heart - Part 2Sorry for the delay. Thanksgiving celebrations took up most of last week.
Here as promised is part two of my interview with my friend Mara Purl, Award Winning Author of Where the Heart Lives.
Jane -- You have published books both Posted by ladyjanes in Where Is She Heading | Nov 30, 2012
- Blogging Not-So-Live from SCBWI: Day Two, Part TwoFor Saturday afternoon, I went straight to [[http://scbwiconference.blogspot.com/2012/08/editor-panel-jordan-brown.html|Jordan Brown]]'s talk on writing for boys, because the only other thing that interested me would have been "Issues in Writing Girls," e Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Out West | Aug 27, 2012
- Blogging Not-So-Live from SCBWI: Day Two, Part OneOn Saturday we started off with a keynote by [[http://www.karencushman.com/|Karen Cushman]], one of my favorite childhood authors. It was a day for inspiring the creative process, however, so instead of talking about her amazing books, she talked about th Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Out West | Aug 22, 2012
- Blogging Live(ish) from SCBWI: Day OneThursday evening we drove out to the Century City neighborhood in the city proper of LA (as opposed to the Valley), where I'm staying at a guest house referred to me by [[http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/california-los-angeles-thelinningtonbedbreakfast.html Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Out West | Aug 4, 2012
- Glimmer TrainBut wanted to share this bit of good news with my 3 dedicated followers! I feel shocked and honored. Click here:
Posted by kchapman88 in Leaving Tennessee | Apr 19, 2012
- Blogging For a Cause
You might have seen this image around the site but what is it about?
As Travellerspoint hosts an active blogging community, we Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Apr 9, 2012
- A Note About the BlogTime is so much shorter than I imagined. I’ve read but one book, failed to make even a modest dent in the remnants of my pre-trip do list, and more troublingly, done worryingly little of the planning for Tokyo, Beijing Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Apr 2, 2012
- My meager return to blog writingI have not written much for the blog in a long while. Well, I have written brief descriptions of stops on the map and attempted to manage my mounting pile of digital images but I haven't continued my enthusiastic Posted by tltisme in A Longwinded Journey South | Mar 30, 2012
- Industry Interview with Mark Hodson of 101 HolidaysIn this month's Industry Interview we chat to Mark Hodson, co-founder of [[http://www.101holidays.co.uk|101 Holidays]]. A travel writer by profession, Mark spent 12 years working as a full-time freelance travel journalist at The Sunday Times in Lon Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Feb 12, 2012
- Regular Life
"Of course I want to save the world, she said, but I was hoping to do it from the comfort of my regular life." - Brian Andreas
It is a lot harder to put our actions where our mouths (or Posted by globalmomma in Momma's Hula Dance | Nov 6, 2011
- Report Composing Services - 3 Items To Look at Out ForRelated topics: http://www.regalcontent.com/ , http://www.regalcontent.com/ , http://www.regalcontent.com/ There are a good deal of various services identified on-line. You can purchase just about any kind of task you can believe of, without having to Posted by vanterrell1221 in Emile Pope Lionel | Sep 21, 2011