Photo by dleeak.
An archipelago comprising 7,107 islands with a unique blend of Spanish and American influence, the Philippines is an Asian country unlike any other.
Containing some of the world's finest beaches, exceptional biodiversity, a vibrant cultural identity, and adrenaline-pumping action, this island paradise deserves a spot on every traveller's itinerary.
More than pure white sand and palm trees, however, visitors also enjoy the Philippines' five UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the historic town of Vigan, Baroque Churches, Tubbataha Reef, the Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras, and the impressive Puerto Princesa Subterranean River.
Home to modern spectacles Manila Ocean Park and Imelda Marcos' Cultural Center of the Philippines, this exciting country is always on the move. If you haven't been yet, get in a jeepney and discover the Philippines.
Photo by Exposure.
Philippines on Travellerspoint
Photo by TLWH.
Photo by Sander938.
Find more Philippines inspiration, hotels, and information on Travellerspoint.
Recent in Asia
- Froggering through Bangkok
- Luang Prabang…with a bang!
- 'Antie's Thailand in a Nutshell'
- ... And on to Vietnam!
- Hit for six in Jaipur, India.
- And some days just go plain wrong...
- Đà Nẵng
- South Africans visa requirements for South East Asia
- Searching for the authentic China.
- Visitor's Guide to Hangzhou Bike Share (Part II)