Photo by pcmano69.
This fascinating city features the quintessential delights of Dutch culture, cuisine, and architecture, combined with a renowned laid back attitude and all the quirks of life on the famous canals.
Many of Amsterdam's notorious sights are well-known to travellers—passed on in private travel stories and hazy memories—but it is the city's wealth of museums that keeps visitors returning, including Rembrandt House, the Van Gogh Museum, and Rijksmuseum. Other attractions include Westergasfabriek, the Anne Frank House, and Albert Cuyp street market.
The Netherlands' first zoo, Artis, is also Amsterdam's best kept secret with more than 900 species of animals located in the heart of the city. If you haven't seen it, now is the time to discover more about Amsterdam.
Amsterdam on Travellerspoint
Photo by jessnsteve.
Photo by paperix72.
Whether you are looking to stay in one of the famous narrow apartments, Amsterdam's liveliest hostel, or a houseboat on the canal, we have you covered with this list of the top 10 budget properties in Amsterdam.
- Cocomama - 91% Customer Satisfaction (307 reviews). Shared and private rooms available.
- Bees Studio - 89% Customer Satisfaction (15 reviews). Private apartment.
- Hotelboot Angeline - 89% Customer Satisfaction (31 reviews).
- St Christopher's at The Winston - 88% Customer Satisfaction (749 reviews). Private and shared rooms available.
- Flying Pig Downtown - 88% Customer Satisfaction (807 reviews). Shared dorms.
- Funky Chickin - 87% Customer Satisfaction (27 reviews). Private apartment.
- Alexander Guestrooms - 87% Customer Satisfaction (30 reviews). Private rooms.
- Durty Nellys Inn - 86% Customer Satisfaction (270 reviews). Private and shared rooms available.
- Bethany B&B - 86% Customer Satisfaction (75 reviews). Private room.
- Passenger Ship Avanti - 85% Customer Satisfaction (97 reviews). Private rooms.
Search for more Amsterdam hostels, sights, and travel help on Travellerspoint.
Photo by daveliz.