We wanted to shed a little more light about Travel Massive by posting more here. Travel Massive is a global initiative to connect people in the travel industry locally. It brings travel bloggers, brands, startups and socially engaged travellers together by way of a free monthly meetup in various cities.
It was started in Sydney in 2009 by Alicia Smith and Ian Cumming after they tweeted an open invite to meet other travel-focused people in the area. Over the summer, the monthly meetup grew rapidly with a steady stream of travel entrepreneurs, travel bloggers, travel photographers, brand managers, and passionate travellers all meeting for drinks and networking in Sydney's backpacker bars.
Today Travel Massive has spread to over 12 cities around the globe. A full list of locations is available here.
Melbourne Travel Massive Christmas meetup. Photo credit to Tom Howard.
Travel Massive also draws support from some large online travel companies, including World Nomads, Flight Centre, Intreprid Travel, as well as media partners Tnooz.com and Web In Travel.
An early Sydney Travel Massive meetup. Photo credit to Ian Cumming
- If you happen to be in Melbourne on 20 September, there's the opportunity to meet cofounder Peter. Event details here.
So, if you're in interested in travel and the travel industry, try and get along to a #travelmassive!
Recent in Working in Travel
- Interview with freelance travel writer Tim Richards
- Interview with Rod Cuthbert, author of Vacation Rules
- Interview with travel photographer Richard I'Anson
- Interview with Anthony Asael from Art in All of Us
- Industry Interview with Mark Hodson of 101 Holidays
- Interview with Alexis Grant of The Traveling Write
- Colin Wright: full time traveller and entrepreneur
- Interview with Stuart McDonald of Travelfish
- Industry Interview with Steph of Twenty-Something Travel
- Travel Massive: Global Meetups for Travellers