Photo by Lavafalls.
America's most interesting city, New Orleans has a unique multicultural heritage. Spanish and French settlement heavily influenced the city's impressive architecture but further cross-cultural development has resulted in its world-famous cuisine, rich music traditions, and a wealth of historically important sites.
One of the most visited cities in the USA, travellers come to experience the Big Easy; taking in Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, and Preservation Hall. Other notable sites include City Park, the National World War II Museum, and Saint Louis Cemeteries.
Known also for their big celebrations, the city hosts major events Mardi Gras and the Jazz & Heritage Festival—but this is just the beginning! There is so much to discover about New Orleans.
Photo by paulymx.
New Orleans on Travellerspoint
Photo by jancassoe.
Photo by donvega.
Recent in North America
- 12 Typical Mexican jobs (Part 1)
- Tiptoe Through the Hedgerow: The Hamptons From A to Z
- 5 Surprising Guests to the Hot Springs in Arkansas
- Magical Mexico - The fourth & final chapter
- Posadas and Pastorelas - Mexican traditions
- Millions of pilgrims on my doorstep
- Thankful and Reflective in D.C.
- Hey Mister Whiskers...
- I went to the shop and I bought tickets to the baseball...
- Introduction to Amtrak