Travel and photography go hand-in-hand for most people and the Travellerspoint community is no different. When we put the call out for our Best of 2012 Photo Competition, we had no idea of the response we would receive.
After more than 1100 entries and countless hours looking at beautiful travel photos (poor us, right?), we put forward the top 160 photos for the community to vote on their favourites. We presented the winners in a Best of 2012 post but there were so many photographers that deserve a mention that we will be showcasing their talents with a series of photo posts. Enjoy this collection of the best wildlife photos of the year as voted by the community.
Check out the results of past competitions:
Recent in Photography
- BLYDE RIVER CANYON, SOUTH AFRICA
- Back to Bagan
- 20 Things I Learned on Guana Cay….Redux.
- Chasing shadows around Santiago
- Utila, Vingt mille lieues sous les mers...
- The Sri Lanka Highlights Tour
- Chefchouen: Blue, blue piggies
- 17 Captivating Photos of People Around the World
- Travellerspoint's Top 12 Wildlife Photos
- The Best Travel Photos of 2012