A few weeks ago Peter put together a cool new feature and we're excited to formally introduced it now...
Travel Stats is a neat way to visualise all your mapped trips on Travellerspoint. The tool extracts your trip data and presents it in a one-page infographic.
For example, here are Peter's stats:
If you enter the mode of transport and date while mapping a trip, more detail will be shown:
To insert the stats on your Travellerspoint blog or externally-hosted site, simply click the 'Embed this!' link in the top right-hand corner:
And now for the fun part - collective stats from the TP community!
- 70,949 users have created trips with a total of 234,892 trips mapped so far
- The total kilometers to date is: 1,594,754,638 (over a billion) - this incidentally is 4,392 one-way trips to the moon
- The average stops per trip is 6.07
- The most popular modes of transport in order are (numbers are total number of stops):
- 108976 Airplane
- 57515 Car
- 54802 Bus
- 39124 Train
- 16884 Boat
- 2299 Foot
- 1698 Bicycle
- 1737 Motorbike
- 229 Animal
To get started, simply make sure you've mapped a trip on Travellerspoint before and head to your custom stats link. E.g. http://www.travellerspoint.com/stats/username/
You can then choose to share them with your friends and family via the social buttons.
Recent in Travellerspoint
- How To Become A Travel Blogger
- Travel Planning Made Easy
- Show Us Your Stats!
- 3 Effective Ways To Book The Best Hostel
- Welcome to Travellerspoint!
- Blogging For a Cause
- Welcome to our newest team member: Kellie Barnes
- Travellerspoint comes to your mobile
- Results from our 2011 Community Survey
- Announcing Travel Stats