We are looking at a 2 month self-drive African Overland trek from Joburg-Ethiopia & back starting end-March 2014. Our goal is to have an adventurous trip, and specifically explore Ethiopia, do the Gorilla Trekking and visiting specific Lakes along the way.
We were planning on travelling as three friends – two girls & a guy - however, one friend (guy) has decided not to go ahead with the trip... The trip is still going ahead none-the-less, but we think it will be great to find a replacement as its more fun (and safer) travelling with three people. So we are looking for our third passenger to join us for the whole trip…
The main deets for you to figure out if you can do this with us or not is as follows:
- Departure from Jo’burg on 29 March 2014;
- Two months travel time available to end-May 2014;
- At least $5,000 cash available – I can provide you with a more detailed budget breakdown if you are interested;
- An international drivers licence;
- Valid passport – with visas for countries if required;
- Be a keen camper, incl. camp-fire maker;
- Have a similar goal for an adventurous trip;
- Be able to deal with two ladies in a car for over 15,000kms….!
What will be organised from our side:
- A fully rigged 4x4;
- Car import administration for all the countries we’re travelling to;
- Main routes – I can provide you with a more detailed itinery if you are interested – this being said the point of having your own car is flexibility;
- Some great friends along the way that will join us for shorter ‘legs’ along the way;
Obviously, there will be a lot more questions and checks and skypes, but let ,me know if you are interested, and I’ll organise a way for us to get in contact so that we can deal with serious questions.
Please only reply if you are interested.
If I want a negative response about the details of the trip, I’ll ask the guy whose not coming and every other Jo’burger who thinks this trip is impossible. Only positive vibes please!!
[ Edit: Edited on 03-Mar-2014, at 02:45 by sue_v ]