Skip Navigation

Working Holiday Visa

Travel Forums Europe Working Holiday Visa

1. Posted by Daniel John (Budding Member 31 posts) 2y

Sorry if this has been covered.

If I were to obtain a 12 month WHV for Germany, would I legally be allowed to travel through other schengen countries for the duration of the visa?


Daniel John

2. Posted by KellieBarnes (Admin 813 posts) 2y

Found the following via Wikipedia:

(2) Article 21 is amended as follows:

(a) paragraph 1 is replaced by the following:

‘1. Aliens who hold valid residence permits issued by one of the Member States may, on the basis of that permit and a valid travel document, move freely for up to three months in any six-month period within the territories of the other Member States, provided that they fulfil the entry conditions referred to in Article 5(1)(a), (c) and (e) of Regulation (EC) No 562/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 March 2006 establishing a Community Code on the rules governing the movement of persons across borders (Schengen Borders Code) (20) and are not on the national list of alerts of the Member State concerned.;ELX_SESSIONID=GWwWTkTKb77xhFh51gFKGjyrW8kpsWjjLHS7LC08YSZ9xTQHnr1r!1968996778?uri=CELEX:32010R0265

Hope that helps

3. Posted by Daniel John (Budding Member 31 posts) 2y

Thanks for tracking that down for me