Alhambra is a great palace located in Granada, Andalusia, Spain. This historical palace is completely amazing. There you could discover the mix cultures of western, middle east and Africa. Andalusia (Granada, Cordoba, Seville etc) was once a largest city in the world back in 9th-15th century. You should have a trip there
Another vote for the Galapagos Islands - absolutely brilliant!
Bolivian Salt Flats (just west of Uyuni),
some of the national parks in south western USA - Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce - unmatched anywhere in the world (so far!),
trekking in the Nepalese Himalayas.
oh, yes, and the rice terraces in Batad, Philippines.
There's a place in India (Rajasthan)- known as Bhangarh
Well I prefer to see some un seen places which one can't even find in Lonely planer and even Wikipedia. So as I am from Rajasthan, here are some places which even a subscriber of top magazines on Rajasthan can't find.
1. Chand Baori in Abhaneri - This is a stepwell build in 8th century and it came to light as a scene from Batman - Then dark night 2008 was filmed here.
2. Khimsar dunes of Nagour - Well Rajasthan has some amazing dunes like Sam, Osiyan but not many know about the Khimsar village dunes of Nagaur district. The locals here have developed 3-5 km area are some of the best sand dunes area one can experience in Asia. Have a look at this image
Plus I am currently covering some amazing destination which don't even have a single image on the net. Some are amazing while some are just local stories.
Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia is not be missed - low prices, great food, plenty to see and wonderful people.
Speaking of wonderful people, Vietnam tops the list, in my book! (My personal favorite is Hanoi).
Boundary Waters Canoe Area/Quetico Provincial Park.. N. Minnesota/Ontario.
Myanmar has some amazing places that may excite you, also northern India and Nepal. If you have to spend in one place then try Japan. There are cheap ways to get around if you're interested. It's a pretty unique culture.
1. Sichuan, China
2. Las Pozas, Xilitla, Mexico
3. Pancake Rocks, New Zealand
4. Mont St. Michel, France
5. Icehotel, Jukkasjarvi, Sweden
6. Dean’s Blue Hole, Bahamas
7. Cancun Underwater Museum, Cancun
8. Alberobello, Italy
9. Ithaa Undersea restaurant, Maldives