Skip Navigation

Proof of onwards travel... Beijing to Hongkong

Travel Forums Asia Proof of onwards travel... Beijing to Hongkong

1. Posted by Travel16 (Budding Member 49 posts) 1y

So I know you need to provide proof of onwards travel once you get to China and I'm planning on first going to Beijing then to Hong Kong for a couple of weeks

Is a ticket to Hong Kong from Beijing acceptable as onward travel? I'm concerned they will want to see onwards travel out of China, if so I'm screwed because I don't know how long I'm going to want to stay or how soon I'll want to leave. I'm a solo traveller if you hadn't guessed.

Help! :(

[ Edit: Edited on 22-Oct-2015, at 06:37 by Travel95 ]

2. Posted by Budgie Escapee (Budding Member 27 posts) 1y


I don't have specific experience. but would say yes based on two facts:
1. China and Hong Kong have separate visa requirements.
2. If you travel from China to Hong Kong, and want to re-enter China from Hong Kong, then for China you need a "multi-entry" visa. (If entering Hong Kong was not 'leaving' China, then surely you wouldn't need a "multi-entry visa" if you want to get back into China.

Information on these websites suggest the answer is yes:

For a 100% correct answer, call or email a Chinese embassy/consulate in the UK and ask them.