I'm stopping in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for 4-5 days..
As I'm travelling solo and trying not to spoil my budget, I would be greatful if you could give me some advice regarding which places to go (K.L and nearby), where to stay and some guiding itnerary.. Tell me how to enjoy this trip to the fullest.. =)
Thanks very much for helping me...!
Welcome to TP ....
This might give you a few ideas to start with :
Places of Interest in Kuala Lumpur
- Petronas Twin Towers (go early - by 8:30am - to get a pass to the skybridge)
- Chinatown (a.k.a. Petaling Street)
- Batu Caves (Hindu Temple in a limestone cave @ northern KL)
- Thean Hou Temple (Chinese temple)
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building (Supreme court house and clock tower)
- Genting Highlands (Theme park resort and casino @ 6000ft above sea level)
- Bukit Bintang and MidValley Megamall (Shopping, if you like)
Let me know if you need more info.
guesthouses by the Puduraya bus station are cheap and reasonable
Malaysia in 4/5 days..
Thanks for the initial tips..
What do you suggest?
Or any other place near by? =P
melaka is close by and nice for a day or two
Hien beat me to listing off some great places... but he left out Bangsar as a place to go with a good night time atmosphere. Good pubs & clubs out there and is very safe and calm from what I've found.
One hotel I like to recomend is Shah's Resort & Hotel. I have stayed there in the past for about $30us/night and it is only steps away from the Taman Jaya LRT(city train) stop. It's clean and comfortable and not too expensive. There are other options very close to there too, such as the Hilton and some others I think, but they are more expensive.
Well, after considering so many tips,
I got to schedule this:
Day 1 - Kuala Lumpur (Night in KL)
Day 2 - Melaka (Night in KL)
Day 3 - Cameron Highlands (Night in KL)
Day 4 - Kuala Lumpur (Night in KL)
What do you think? Will it be ok or too rush?
Thanks very much!
Going from KL to Melaka and back in one day seems like a bit much, but that could just be me.