hello, my name is Molly, im 21 and from Newcastle,
I am planning an interrail trip from the end of july this year, i am unsure as for how long yet it depends on how much money i save!
a month minimum i would say!
Im planning on visiting; belgium, netherlands, berlin, poland, croatia, switzerland, prague and many more!
I am travelling alone (rather scared!) but all my friends are working or have other commitments! it would be great if anyone had any useful tips, or is looking for a travel buddy around this time feel free to send me a message or whatever
First off, welcome to TP.
As far as your comments go, having done something similar, for route suggestions feel free to look at my maps. Otherwise, if you can let us know a few things you're interested in it would help us to help you with any ideas. How much time you have will impact the number and variety of places you can see, so until you know how long you have or have a more detailed plan, it will be difficult for us to advise.
That being said, a few quick tips / things to remember:
- don't overplan, the best things are often completely unexpected
- be willing to change your itinerary at any time if you hear about something amazing, meet some great people along the way, etc.
- pack light, you will not need 1/2 of what you think you do
- there is plenty of information on these forums to help you, so you may want to read through some threads / research on the places you want to see before you get there
- travelling alone means that you can do what you want, with who you want, when you want and are accountable to no one but yourself, which in and of itself is completely liberating
Hope that helps. Good luck planning.