I have been given the task of planning the honeymoon for my fiancee and I who are getting married in Feb 2017. We've narrowed it down to two options, and I'd really appreciate some advice and guidance on our choices:
We want to do a twin centre honeymoon, starting with a luxury hotel in Hong Kong (for 3 nights) and flying from here to a more relaxing 10 night stay. Our choice is currently between Bali (Ubud & then onwards to Lombok / islands) OR Philippines (we haven't done much research on this!)
What we want?
- Secluded feel, but within reach of local towns/villages
- Culture & things to see & do - diving / temples / nature (we like a good beach but it isn't all about that!)
- Good food (we would like to be able to eat & drink in local recommended places)
- Mix of environment ie. the lush parts of Ubud, combined with the beaches is a real plus
- Not a resort - we're a bit concerned about how commercial Bali might be
Things to consider-
- We are in our late 20s
- We've been to most of SE Asia and loved it (particularly Koh Tao in Thailand, and Hoi An in Vietnam)
- Our budget is c. £4-5k inclusive, including flights and the Hong Kong part
- We are travelling in February 2017
Thank you in advance for your help - ANY SUGGESTIONS VERY WELCOME!
[ Edit: Edited on 28-Mar-2016, at 10:52 by Jara2017 ]