AIGHT these might be a lot to digest but would very much appreciated any help, tips or anything at all from anyone that has been there done that. I will be spending approximately 30 days or so in NYC - 1 week for work & planning the rest of 3 weeks or so to visit my relatives, travel nearby areas & exploring whatever is there.
My questions are:
1) For the 1st week I'd probably stay in NYC is there any entertainment/events guide that I could pick up on the way to subway or something? In KL we have something like www.klue.com.my or juiceonline.com
2) How safe is it for tourist female to be in NYC area at night (I will be travelling with a colleague for a week but she's much older & married & am pretty sure she's not into this whole nightlife thingy)
3) What are the main attraction/fun things to do in NYC? What are the must dos? (p.s Where is/are the best shopping mall(s) in NYC area)
4) For the rest of 3 weeks I'd be staying with my cousins & family in CT, how far is it from CT (say West & New Haven area) to travel down to NYC?
5) What are the attraction/fun things to do in CT? (I suppose I could ask my cousins too but any suggestions from experienced traveller would be much appreciated).
6) I am planning to go to Atlantic City, NJ. I will be travelling from CT, how far is it & how long will it take considering if I took a bus to there? Is there any bus available from CT to Atlantic City direct or do I have to go to NY first? What are the cheapest transportation apart from buses (if there's any).
7) Can I drive from CT to NJ? Would that be worth it or is it too hard?
8) Is there any reliable/updated lifestyle/even guide to NJ/Atlantic City that I could find online?
9) Is it safe for me (Asian female) to go to Atlantic City or travel alone in the area? Or if not, is there anyone here that would love to go to Atlantic city with me haha (anyway....)
10) Apart from NY, I would also if possible to go to other closer state to NY e.g. RI just to experience. Like I said I am heavily considering to go NJ, but I would like to use up my 3 weeks to the max so is that worth it to go to RI?
11) What are the main attractions in RI? How do I get there from CT? Can I drive from CT to RI? Would that be worth it or is it too hard?
Okay so sorry this has been so much but any replies at all will be much appreciated especially from those who are in the NYC, CT, NJ or RI area! Would love to meet some new friends there (if possible) & thanks again!!!! Can't wait to be there especially to visit relatives that I havent seen for almost 21 years!