Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are very proud to announce the latest feature to grace the pages of Travellerspoint.
Please, make your way to the Control Panel, where you will find a new option - namely, the Travel Blogs. Yes, we know it may be confusing choosing between 'Travel Blogs' and 'Travel Logs', but think you will see quite some benefit in these new Travel Blogs. (and we'll deal with the naming confusion later)
The Travel Blogs provide you with a great new way to manage your own website, tied in with all the effort you have already put into Travellerspoint. You will be able to choose your own domain name - like my newly created http://peter.travellerspoint.com.
I have moved all my diary entries to my new blog as it provides far more flexibility than the old system. You'll see why.
Here's some features that might be of interest
- Your own Travellerspoint subdomain
- Easily move your Diary Entries to your new blog.
- Embed Photos from your Photo Gallery in your Entries.
- Use the same SimpleCode that is used in the forum to make your entries more interesting.
- Give other members roles as Authors, Editors or Publishers in your blog
- Choose one of our (currently 4) pre-designed templates or if you're CSS savvy, you can design your own
- Allow other Travellerspoint members to comment on your entries and edit their comments if you don't feel they're appropriate.
- Includes a Blog Search to easily search through old topics (and it's far more capable than the current Forum Search)
- Syndicate your blog with RSS and Atom Feeds (great for subscribers)
- Categorise your entries
I'm sure you'll all find great appeal in this new feature, in my opinion the best thing we've done to date! I kid you not, we have been working on this for almost a year now. Nonetheless, there are still many plans for it and probably a few kinks in the system that you might help us iron out. So, we are launching it now as a sort of Beta stage, in which you can give us as much feedback as possible and we will see if we can fix things up as best possible.
Oh, and if anyone can think of a better name for the 'Brown' Template, please let us know, because we have lacked inspirition in naming that!