Recently some are showing interest to visit Bangladesh through sending Private Message to me. For their reference, I am trying to give some information as under :
1. Area : North- India (West Bengal & Meghalaya), West – India (West Bengal), East-India (Tripura & Asssam), Myanmar, South-Bay of Bengal.
2. Capital : Dhaka, Other major cities : Chittagong, Khulna, Barisal, Sylhet.
3. Standard Time : GMT + 6 Hours.
4. Climate Variation: Winter : 11C - 20C (Dec-Feb),Summer :21C-34C (Apr-June)
5. Rainfall : 1100 mm-3400 mm (June-August)
6. Humidity : Highest 99% (July), Lowest 36% ( Dec & Jan)
7. Language : Bengali, English is widely spoken.
8. Principal rivers : The Padma, The Meghna, The Jamuna, The Buriganga, The Kirtonkhola
9. Electricity : 220 Volts AC in whole country.
10. Currency : Taka ( having denomination 500,100,50,20,10,5,2 & 1), 100 Paisa= 1 Taka
11. Religions : Muslims 86.6%, Hindu 12.1%, Buddist .6%.
12. Business Hours : 9 am-4 pm (Friday Closed)
13. Best Tourist season : Oct-Mar
14. Tourist spots :
a. Cox’s Bazar : The World’s longest unbroken sea beach.
b. Kuakata : Sea Beach
c. Ship Breaking yard, Sitakunda Chittagong.
d. The Sundarban : The world’s largest mangrove forest.
e. Sonargaon : Ancient capital of Bengal.
f. many rivers & Green villages.
g. Paharpur, Shilaidaho, Barisal, Chittagong, Khagrachri, Bandarban, Rangamati & more other places.
15. Costing :
Economy : USD 2-3/Night (Incl. Fan, Bathroom)
Standard : USD 6-10/Night (Incl. Fan, attached bath)
Luxury : USD 50-200 (A/C rooms, Balcony, Bathroom, Modern Fittings)
Breakfast : 20 Cents (Parata, Vegetable, Egg Fry)
40 Cents (Parata, Beef/Mutton/Chicken)
Lunch/Dinner : 20 Cents (Rice, Dal, Vegetable/Egg)
60 Cents (Rice, Dal, Beef/Mutton/Chicken)
Rickshaw : 1 Kilometer - 15 Cents.
Scooter : 1 Kilometer – 10 Cents.
Taxi : 1 Kilometer – 13 Cents.
Dhaka-Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach (350 Kilooersted) : USD 9 (A/C) USD 6 (Non A/C)
Dhaka-Chittagong (250 Kilooersted) : USD 5 (A/C) USD 3 (Non A/C)