Okay so here it goes....
this is the first time that my friend and i are venturing into South America, and we're wanting to book a trek through the rainforest but we're unsure whether to book a trip now (from England) or to wait untill we get out there.
The thing is we don't want a very touristy trip (if that makes sense) with large groups and no real experience, we don't mind roughing it as we're not that bothered about 5 star travel and accomodation. I've studied the amazon from childhood and really want to live the experience and since this is the one opportunity i may have to do just that i thought i'd seek advice of experienced travellers.
We've searched so many websites but are reluctant to book anything in case we are getting ripped off!
I guess the only thing i can think of to get the answers i need is to ask the following quetsions:
1. Where is the best place to trek into the amazon - ecquador, peru, bolivia?
2. what is the best price - we don't want to get ripped off as we're on a budget?
3. when and where is the best place to book the trip (any websites?)
4. We arrive South America in mid sept hoping to do the trek sept/oct time - when is the best time to do it?
5. And how will i gain the most from this trip?
Phew.... sorry a long winded thread but I'd really appreciate any advice u guys have to offer.