Skip Navigation

I want to move to Italy. BUT.......................

Travel Forums Europe I want to move to Italy. BUT.......................

1. Posted by Mayra (Budding Member 2 posts) 13y

This thread is marked as being about Italy

Help me people please, I want to move to italy and already have a place to stay. Problem is how in the world can I get excepted into the country, what is the process? I can find work there no problem everything is good to go apart from being accepted by the authorities as I am only a USA Resident. Can anyone give some advice on this matter? Anything would help.....

2. Posted by Rach-a (Respected Member 368 posts) 13y

Hi there - your from USA I see but try - and go to the section in Italy - they may advise you who to call. At best they may be able to send forms out to you and help you - I don't know. I am guessing you may have to request a visa form and apply when you are in USA - then they will grant you so many days or permanent visa - maybe. Hope the website above gives you good enough help.

Rach :)

3. Posted by bluewaav (Inactive 627 posts) 13y

You could also try your own government's web page- they will most likely have the most relevent and up-to-date info for you. Also, you can get information directly from Italy by writing to the Italian consulate. That would probably be the best way.

4. Posted by millerk4 (Budding Member 7 posts) 13y

Definately, you aren't going to get into the country with a one-way ticket unless you have a visa. In the US go to the local embassy for Italy or to their website and you will be able to apply for one I should think.

5. Posted by Mayra (Budding Member 2 posts) 13y

ok so far this is the deal, comes to be that i dont need a visa so all is well there. if i bought a one way ticket would you think they would lift a brow should i be safe and buy round trip???? almost there just need the ticket!!!!!!! thanks for the responses I am getting its been good help!