Skip Navigation

Another Visa Question!

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Another Visa Question!

1. Posted by loopeelala (Budding Member 12 posts) 11y

loopeelala has indicated that this thread is about Australia

I am currently in Australia on a working holiday visa and need to return to the UK for a short period of late later this year. My question I have to have a return ticket to Australia when I leave here in order to return on the same visa or can I book a flight in the UK when ready to return


2. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4895 posts) 11y

Look up the visa in your passport. It should have the line "multiple travel." As long as that's there, you can enter and leave as often as you like within the year starting from when you first entered australia, and there are no other requirements for this. (So you should be safe to book the flight back from the UK.)

3. Posted by KoalaGirl (Travel Guru 307 posts) 11y

My understanding is also that you can leave and enter as many times as you like on a WHV, but that the 12 months runs from the date of your first entry. You should be fine to book your return flight from the UK if you want to, but a return flight is usually cheper than 2 one way tickets. If you want to be sure, check the Australian Dept of Immigration website

4. Posted by loopeelala (Budding Member 12 posts) 11y

fantastic news! Thanks very much

5. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 11y

You don't need a return ticket to leave or even when you arrive back here. Just evidence that if need be you can afford one.

Happy travels