Skip Navigation

Please Help

Travel Forums North America Please Help

1. Posted by Drew68 (Budding Member 2 posts) 11y

I was hoping someone can help me out. My gf is canadian but residing in Los Angeles, Ca. She currently is on a visiting visa and that expires at the end of this month, August.

Under federal law she is allowed 90 days or less. However, if her 90 days is close to being up(August), does she have to enter from the point of canada or can she just enter from the mexico border. Also, do canadians now require a stamp from US homeland security to prove that she has not gone over the time?

2. Posted by Cupcake (Travel Guru 8468 posts) 11y

Marry her ;)

3. Posted by Drew68 (Budding Member 2 posts) 11y

we eventually will get married but don't want to for the sake she stays. i mean we don't want to for the wrong reason.

so i guess noone has an answer... :(

4. Posted by Cupcake (Travel Guru 8468 posts) 11y

I am sorry Drew, I didn't mean to sound so is just my weird sense of humor...
Is she working? Can she get a working visa? I have never heard of anyone doing the Canada/Mexico they have a time limit? Like, do you have to be in Mexico for X-amount of time before you can re-enter the country? Have you called the embassy? Maybe they could be of more assistance with your unique situation? I wish I could be of more help :(
And again..I apologize for my comment.
Much luck and love to the both of you! :)

5. Posted by Cupcake (Travel Guru 8468 posts) 11y

This might help...

6. Posted by Lugor79 (Full Member 70 posts) 11y

As far as I understand a Canadian citizen (which I am...) can visit the US anytime they want. Passports are not stamped (unless they recently, past 6 months) changed this rule. Technically they really don't care. However before taking the advise of anyone on this board (and as well intentioned they are..) I would call INS up just to be sure.