Having a bit of a dilemma here. The flights I had been keeping an eye on from Rio de Janeiro to Auckland in April have just gone up by $700.
I really dont want to book any flight yet so that I can just spend as much time as a I want in South America and go to NZ when I'm ready.
But if the flight is over $2000 already, I'm worried about what it's going to cost if I'm booking last minute. Am I trying to have my cake and eat it too? Would I be wiser to book this flight now and have it secured.
Tell me what to do! Aaaaaggghhh!
If you are flexible in your travel plans and don't mind a few transfers, you should be able to find a decent deal last minute. You might have to sit around for an extra week or two in South America and fly through Mongolia, Kenya and Bali on your way home, but you should be able to buy something at a low cost.
If you are planning on travelling until you are out of money, and thus unable to spend another day away for fear of dying of starvation, or you need to get back for a specific date, I'd think about booking now.
I hear Mongolia is nice in winter!!! They may even feed you some frozen caribou on the plane so you don't starve... (We don't want you starving to death!!!!!!!)
you will not get a cheap flight out!!!!!
but if its already at 2000 then you might think about getting a flight to new york(bout500)and then going to broklyn and getting a flight there.. sounds daft but they should have some good deals.
and id image lower then 2000. cause thats real expensive.....
either that or you can make up a story about how you were robbed...do alot of crying and they might let you standby....
and then keep doing that..airport to airport!!!!
i aint trying to adverstise for them, but through www.zuji.com i recently booked a flight from Buenos Aires to Sydney for $999US flying on the 6th March 2006
i think they are a pretty good search engine for cheap flights!! you can probably get a cheap one from Rio to Buenos, then another to NZ, or book it all at once.
I hear Mongolia is nice in winter!
I hope so, I'm going to be there in November.
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm pretty decided that I'm just gonna go and see what happens when I get over there. Hopefully, I wont get fleeced!