I am looking to travel to New Zealand next summer/autumn. Originally I was going to go there with a view to work, due to my job being on the skills shortage list. However since having conversations with various agencies and immigration it has become apparent that I need a job offer before I can apply for a Work Visa. At this stage applying for immigration is a bit premature without seeing and living in the country.
I have now decided to travel first around North and South Island for a couple of months and then work. If I apply for a temporary work visa intially can this then be extended while I was out there if I got a more permenant offer of work and contract?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know until what age you can apply for the working holiday visa, but that would be your best options and would be really easy for u to get (as u r British, ey?)
Apart from that if you have any questions about visas, send me a message, because I've been through heaps and I'm sure I can give u advice (which you can't find on the NZIS webpage)!
Sensible idea to see the place first, but I can't see you not liking it.
However, the North and South islands do have different characters, so may be a decision for you, as may be the kind of job you're ultimately looking for. Auckland is the only really big city, so you can't go far wrong if you like that life.
Has anyone applied for the e-visa recently?
I would like to know if I can submit the X-ray report after getting the visa approved?
It would assist us to make a quick decision on your application if you could provide the X-ray Certificate to this address within 30 days of the date of this e-mail. If there is any delay in providing this certificate, please let us know. If you do not provide this certificate within the requested time and we do not receive any response from you, we will make a decision on your application with the information that we have.
Thanks a million,
i've applied the e-visa (WHV) and i'm aslo required for x'ray cert.
it's the best if u can send them the xray cert within 30 days.if not they may not approve ur application, risk is higher anyway.
if ur visa is approved then why u have to send them ur xray cert? the decision already made?
good luck, to u and me.