The moderators for the Off Topic forum (Hien, Isadora, Peter and myself) would kindly like to ask all of you to please consider the below before posting replies in the Off Topic forum.
- Basic Rules. Even though the Off Topic forum is not moderated as heavily as the travel related forums are, the general forum rules still apply to this forum.
- Consider others. Your opinion is no better than anyone else's, whether you think so or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you should respect that and consider that before answering.
- Think before posting. Re-reading your post before submitting it live is a good way to make sure something you typed in the 'heat of the moment' is not misunderstood.
- Read before posting. Re-reading what others have written to make sure you have understood them correctly is always a good idea.
- 'Thread hijacking'. Although this is the off topic forum, it doesn't mean that all threads need to be led off of their original topic. Consider whether what you are posting will actually contribute to the thread at hand or just to fuel a side discussion that is unrelated. In certain threads going further off topic is no problem, but when it is a serious thread, try and keep it that way.
If you have any issues regarding a post or thread, please contact one of the moderators directly via the message center.
Thanks for your understanding and for helping keep the Off Topic forum a fun and interesting forum to discuss random thoughts and ideas in. It's a great place to learn from each others experiences, thoughts, cultures and customs!
[ Edit: Clarified 'thread hijacking' somewhat :) ]