I will be travelling to KL around mid Feb 06. One thing I'm looking forward to is the yummy food that everyone is talking about. I would to get some restaurants, locations or directions to the local food.
Here is a food list that I would like to go through while I'm there
1. Bak Ku Teh
2. Good Hawker place
I'm open for suggestions to any special dishes
Try this as well Bowee:
Claypot Loh Shi Fun - Petaling Street
Hokkien Style Fried Noodle
Roti Canai & Teh Tarik
Can you please tell me the address to eat those food. What should I tell the Taxi driver???? I need addresses ........
good food? there are many places you can go for good food in KL. let me try to list it down:
1. bak kut teh - jalan alor in bukit bintang (well, some of us say it's overrated!)
2. hawker stall - there are so many hawker stall actually...
3. seafood - two not-so-proper-restaurant you must go. jalan imbi (behind KL plaza) and noong seafood, in taman dagang, ampang.
just tell the taxi driver all the places i mentioned. if you are staying around Bukit Bintang, the fare should not cost you more than RM7.
Thank you very much for the info. I'm planning to stay at two places Sunway Lagoon and Ritz Carlton.
Hi....staying sunway lagoon area...hmmm. i stay near there...so i can tell u a lot of food centres...there ar eplenty of food stalls around sunway area...u will be spoilt for choices!!! walking distance... and across the main road ( opposite ) is the mentari...so many food shops...just behind the sunway inn...there is one corner shop...bak kut teh..lots of karaoke, etc too!!! along the same row, there is a stall....sukothai (opposite boulevard pub )...that lady makes wonderful authentic thai food..esp the salad dishes and she speaks class english!!!!
I have some pic of places that i go around KL chinatown ..the stall that i always go for food if i go there.
if u want, u can pm me then i send u the pic.. just look around the similiarity or show it to ppl around there..they will know.
I noticed that many of you are familiar with food in Bukit Bintang area ,KL. Appreciate if you guys can give us some pointers. We will be travelling in a group of about 30 people in Nov 06 for 4 days. Sorry these are non-halal food question.
1) Bah Kut Teh - which location offer better choice - Imbi Road or Jalan Alor.
2) Is the infamous big noodles "tai lok meen" available at Jalan Alor and Chinatown. Which one is better.
3) Apart from the 2 items above what do you recommend around Bukit Bintang area? (including halal food items too if it isn't too spicy) Among us there are about 8 children age btw 5~16 yr-old.
We plan to charter a bus from Singapore. Thanks.