Skip Navigation

1. Posted by Batteke (First Time Poster 1 posts) 11y


I wanted to book my one way ticket into Australia today, but then the agency told me that I, as a dutchgirl, should have a returnticket...

Is that really true? And if yes, is Australia very strictly in this?

I just need a one way ticket :-S

Thanks guys!

2. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4892 posts) 11y

If you go on a working holiday visa: no, that's not true. (Theoretically you need to show proof of funds to be able to buy a ticket out of the country, but they don't even check that 9 out of 10 times.)

If you go on just a regular tourist visa, they might require a ticket out of the country. Don't know. But if so, that doesn't have to be a return ticket though; any ticket away from the place should do.

3. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4892 posts) 11y

Quoting from the Working Holiday Maker Program fact sheet:

They should have a return ticket or sufficient funds for a return or onward fare as well as sufficient funds for the first part of their stay.

4. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 11y

You can definitely come on a one-way ticket. You may have problems checking in etc as not many people realise that this allowed on the Working Holiday Visa. If you want more detailed info just ask.