Skip Navigation

1. Posted by delbosco (Budding Member 5 posts) 11y

delbosco has indicated that this thread is about Australia

hey! heading off to oz in may and i cannot wait. staying for a yr so i know ill need to work. can any 1 tell me if you need a RSA certificate to work in a bar or can you get by without 1? also do you need a green card to do construction work?? iv got my 1yr working visa, so can i get by with this?? can any1 help??? cheers

2. Posted by aimsuk (Full Member 112 posts) 11y

hi, you do need an RSA to work work in bars, but i think its only in NSW, i had a couple of friends who worked in bars in queensland and northern territory and they didnt need an RSA. I also had a friend who worked in a bar in Sydney without one, but it was on the basis of she was getting one....dont know how long it was b4 they checked up on her if she had got it yet?

3. Posted by kacjp (Budding Member 14 posts) 11y

Pretty sure you need one in Victoria.

4. Posted by scott_1 (Budding Member 38 posts) 11y

what is a rsa?