I am off to Thailand by myself 3 weeks on Thursday. I have never been to Asia before and I am travelling alone. I will be there for 2 weeks, before flying onto Sydney.
Here is my itinerary:
- Bangkok - 2 nights (3rd/4th March)
- Overnight Train (5th March)up to Chiang Mai for 3 nights (6th/7th/8th March)
- Fly from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then take another flight to Phuket for 1 night (9th March)
- Take boat over to Koh Phi Phi Don for 1 night (10th March) and take a snorkelling trip to Koh Phi Phi Leh
- Boat back to Phuket and fly over to Koh Samui for 2 nights (11th/12th March)
- Catch boat over to Koh Pha Ngan and stay 3 nights (13th/14th/15th March)
- Boat back to Koh Samui on 16th March
- Catch flight back to Bangkok and stay 1 more night (16th March)
- Leave Thailand and fly on to Sydney on 17th March
Firstly, does this sound like a reasonable plan?
So far, the only thing I have booked is my accommodation for the 3 nights in Koh Pha Ngan.
My question is, should I book up the rest of my accommodation now, before I leave so that at least I know it is safely in the bag. Or can I get away with just walking into hotels/guest houses and just booking a room as and when needed?
Also, is it a good idea to book up the internal flights I will be taking now? Do these book up quickly?
Any advice from fellow travellers who have been there, done it and bought the t-shirt would be fan dabby dosy!!