I'm new to the website and found loads of interesting stuff on the site.
Firstly me and my girlfriend are looking at beginning our dream travelling adventure around Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Thailand etc. Most stops are still to be worked out. However I do have a hugh array of questions for everyone to attempt their excellent assistance that you give all on the website.
Here we go.......
1. Where can i find the best airline deals? Where do you get these around the world airline tickets i seem to hear so much about?
2. Do you need a Visa for all countries in the SE Asia area (as you may tell i suck at geography) and how much do they cost?
3. I have found quite a few sites for hostels etc (hotelz.com, hotel world etc), which are the best hostels that you have stayed in and would recommend?
4. We are looking for going for about a year so i assume we would need a fair bit of stuff... what size litre backpack would work? (i wont ask too much on this one as i do need to go to the shops and try some for size and comfort.... just need to know the rough size.
5. While we are in Australia as a kinda life long dream i would love to get the opportunity to dive in a cage with great whites. Is this actually possible to do? I dont have any actual diving experience (just snorkeling). Should i learn before i go or is it worth doing it out there? i hear its cheaper.
6. Also while we are there we would like to do some trekking as well as the usual stuff. What sort of boots/shoes do i need? Would trainer/hiker boot hybrids go ok for all round or is it necessary to take real hiking boots? Coz they are quite heavy.
7. How much money would i need for a year or more? We have been told and everyone seems to say £6000ish... is this enough? we would like to spend a fair bit of time in Thailand, Australia, Figi and some time in China and Japan.
7... and to finish it off which places have you found unmissable on your adventures? I want to see everything.
At the moment i am in the preliminary stages and attempting to do as much research as possible but i wanna make sure i dont miss a thing.
Ok people dig your teeth in that lot.....