Since the thread for people going to Latin America in general is so long, and seems to be mostly South America, I thought I would start a new list of people who are going to Central America, with the same objectives in mind:
Giving people an opportunity to meet up sometime, somewhere during our travels; and to share knowledge & experience.
--> I'm off to Honduras in January '07
I am planning a trip for the Pacific side of Guatemala in October but I was hoping to gather some information from all you savvy travelers concerning the weather and anything else I can remember:
- I have read about the climate during October, should I have concerns about getting caught in a hurricane, or an endless amount of tropical storms?
- If weather is a concern; will I be needing anything more than a ultra-light weight, water-proof shell?
- Anything else i should consider weather wise prior to booking my flight?
- If at all possible and if you have been in Guatemala during the month of October; Can you deliver a summary on any not so well known events or places
- I am not wanting ultra posh accomodations (who wants to spend time in a hotel, anyway?); clean, beachside, and close to day and evening fun are more my accomodation needs.
- Any tips for a first time traveller to Guatemala? Aside from what i can read on this site (other links, good beaches, great cities, etc)
I know the questions are fairly broad and could be answered in a 100 different ways; I only ask for tidbits from your travels...anything that made you truly appreciate being in a foreign land and a different culture.
I'm planning a trip to Central America (Guatemala in Oct) for Oct - Dec 06. I heard the weather isn't that bad so long as you avoid summer and september...a bit of Oct might be stormy. Also, from what I've read, Guatemala is loaded with cheap accomodation.
El Salvador..if you are 1 or 2 people can get you a place to stay..don't be afraid tourism has been on the upswing this year, as in Guatemala and Honduras just avoid marginal areas of large cities..then off to Nicaragua http://www.cindurma.org/ volunteer a couple of days or so and I'll be your guide.
i am arriving in roatan in oct/novish for a month or so to start my trip. im brittany...hi everybody!
I'm gonna be in Central-America from Juli 20th until october/november. I'm gonna visit Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
I'll be going in Oct/Nov and will be in Guatemala (Antigua) doing a spanish course and then El Salvador, Nicaragua and then Costa Rica (Not sure where yet) to do another Spanish course! I'll be going by myself and not sure hwat to expect there!!
Me & my bud are travelling through central America in the months of July/August. We depart tomorrow, july 10th, with the pleasant omen of a full moon to set us on our way. We'll start off in Monterrey for a short while before making steady progress South, hopefully all the way to Panama and possibly by boat to Columbia. We're into hiking as well as visiting cities. We're eager to meet people so give me a message if you're in the area (hehe- i know its a big area and we don't have an itinerary but what the hay, its worth a try . To give a random estimate we'll hopefully be heading out of Mexico into guatamala around the 7th of August. Also any recommendations for cool places to see/visit would be welcome.
Costa Rica - 11/6 - 12/4.
If anyone can offer some insight regarding teak farming.......
I'll be starting my Central America trip in January '07 from Cancun, Mexico.. unless I have the time and money to start from home (California).