I am planning to visit Peru in June, on a budget trip, and I have a long list of topics in which I am in desperate need for help...
Thank you, benevolent travellers who give some hints!
- can I walk from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu? is it neccesary to take the bus?
- What impressive trails can one trek around Cusco, except for the Inca trail? Are there some shorter and cheaper trails?
- Which train trips in Peru should we take? Huancayo – Huancavelica? Cusco – Agua Calientes? Cusco – Puno? We are looking for something impressive and not too expensive…
- How is the ghost town of Zana – is it worth the detour from Chiclayo to visit?
- Are Nazca lines really awesome to see, without taking a helicopter? Or should we better see something else – such as the Colca Canyon, for example?
- Which towns around the Arequipa – Chiclayo south-north highway are worth a visit, if one is in a hurry? Nazca, Ica, Pisco, Trujillo, or Chiclayo? We cannot see them all…
Thank you - thank you!